Any type of these books ?

At the moment I like watching Science fiction Tv series. I want to start reading some good books that has some sort of planet travel, parallel dimentions, alternate realities or time travel.

Like stargate, sliders, back to the future, HG wells time machine..

Does anyone know any good books ?

Thanks in advance !

I love StarGate! Ahem..

Well there are the StarGate books. I own the Stargate series by Bill McCay (Rebellion is the first book). I've only read the first book of the series so far and quite liked it. There are also other StarGate books but I haven't read them nor do I own them so I don't know if they're good or what they're about (I might be interested though if I were to come across them in a shop or something).

Joe Haldeman - The Accidental Time Machine is about a man who accidentally invents a time machine and then uses it. I liked it.

Tad Williams's Otherland series (starting with City of Golden Shadow) is a cross of fantasy and science-fiction and contains travelling to many worlds (inside a game).

You already mentioned H. G. Wells - The Time Machine, though I prefered the film (though I believe there are multiple films) over the book.

Those are the ones I remember on top of my head. When you say planet travel I presume you mean like in StarGate and not by ship? Because I know more science-fiction books or series where they go to planets by ship.

I might own some books on the subjects you mentioned, but I haven't read them yet so I can't recommend them, they may be quite good but I don't know until I've read them. Something more might come to me at a later time.

You could try Julian May's 'Saga of the Exiles', starting with The Many-Coloured Land:

"In the 22nd Century, a group of misfits and mavericks are preparing to leave behind everything they have known. Advanced technology has created a one-way time portal to Earth’s Pliocene Era – six million years ago. Those seeking a better life are drawn to the promise of a simple utopia, far from the civilised Galactic Mileu. But no one could have predicted the dangers on the other side.  For the group will enter the battleground of two warring alien races, exiled from a distant planet. And these races not only have potent mind powers, but seek to exploit and enslave humans for their own needs. The travellers are about to discover that their unspoilt paradise is far from Eden. Winner of the Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel."

:smile:

Ooh, and The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers:

"Brendan Doyle is a twentieth-century English professor who travels back to 1810 London to attend a lecture given by English romantic poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge. This is a London filled with deformed clowns, organised beggar societies, insane homunculi and magic. When he is kidnapped by gypsies and consequently misses his return trip to 1983, the mild-mannered Doyle is forced to become a street-smart con man, escape artist, and swordsman in order to survive in the dark and treacherous London underworld."

:smile: 

To be honest i don't know some book about science most of the time i read fantasy book but going in library and asking what is the best book for that might be very helpful for you because most of the time i just as what is the most read in library and try to read it at home.

• 3 weeks later...

The Martian by Andy Weir and R. C. Bray was a fantastic book I recently read on my Kindle. I liked is so much I immediately read it a second time.  Also on Kindle, I really enjoyed The Rho Agenda trilogy starting with The Second Ship, by Richard Phillips. All three were equally good but need to be read in order.