Les Pardaillan Series (by Michel Zévaco) - Amazing Read!

IndyPhimaA

Hello everybody!

Have any of you read Michel Zévaco's Les Pardaillan series (10 books, 11 volumes)?

As there is only one published translation into English (of the first novel - vol. I & II), I would assume that not many of you have had
the chance yet - unless we have French & Romanian speakers on the forum, which I am sure of.

I will be very shortly writing a short description of the series and, in the meantime, I look forward to conversing on the topic.

Best regards,

IndyPhimaA

Written at the beginning of the 20th Century, the tale is of one knight-errand, "the last true chevalier of the Middle Ages" - Jean de Padaillan.

The story is set between 1553 - 1614 in France (with an occasional visit to a foreign country), making Dumas' D'Artagnan Romances a perfect continuation, both from a temporal and spatial viewpoint.

Never have I felt such an admiration and love for a fictional character than for Pardaillan, who is the absolute model of manhood, bravery and elegance.

Introducing a female descendant of the Borgias - rich, powerful, dangerous...

Don't let its lack of popularity fool you - it is an amazing read. Hoping that it will shortly be translated into English.

So, anyone read it?

IndyPhimaA

Perhaps you would be as kind to give us the English title of the translated books?

Hi saintmark,

Great that you're interested.

In fact, after further research this morning, I've come accross Books 1 - 5 translated into English (by Eduardo Berdugo):

- The Pardaillan Volume I

- The Pardaillan Volume II The Knight-Errand

- The Pardaillan Volume III Aqua Toffana

- The Pardaillan Volume IV Quietus

- The Pardaillan Volume V The Gibbet

(I believe that, with a more thorough search, ebooks for all of them can be found).

As for the French titles:

- Les Pardaillan

- L'Épopée d'Amour

- La Fausta

- Fausta Viancue

- Pardaillan et Fausta

- Les Amours du Chico

- Le Fils de Pardaillan

- Le Trésor de Fausta

- Le Fin de Pardaillan

- Le Fin de Fausta

Best regards,