I'm new and want to chat to fellow book lovers!

bebesyy

I started another topic a few minutes ago as I'm pretty much in need of some good advice but then thought it was rude not to introduce myself into this community!

I'm Bethany Harbour, I'm 16 and from a small town near Brighton in England.

I have grown up with both my parents working with books - my dad has worked for many publishers and my mum is a Buying Manager for a company here in England that supplies amazon, play.com etc - this means I have been very fortunate in the fact that my mum is always bringing home proof copies - for example I am privileged enough to read books like The Hunger Games a good few months, maybe even a year or so before they are published and also I constantly can have a book on the go, so I'm grateful.

My love of reading knows no bounds and I'll read just about anything. However, its really getting me down that I have no one to discuss books with everyday - my friends mostly show no interest and I could have cried when my boyfriend professed to 'hate' Jane Eyre when we read it for English Literature! So I figured I'd join a place where chatting about books is what everyone does best!

Well I hope to speak to lots of you soon and share recommendations and our love of books together  :D

Hi Bethany

You are definitely lucky to have both parents doing jobs directly linked to books -- that would be great to get first crack at them . 

I think you'll find a lot of people in here that like to talk books  .Hope you enjoy yourself .   :)

thank you everyone!

Hi Bethany

You are definitely lucky to have both parents doing jobs directly linked to books -- that would be great to get first crack at them . 

I think you'll find a lot of people in here that like to talk books  .Hope you enjoy yourself .   :)

It is really good to get a first look at books, especially when they become popular and you can say 'I read it first!' 

Thanks  :smile:

Hi Bethany and welcome to the forum! Sounds like your parents have dream jobs for book-lovers, especially your mum!  :smile:

They do! My mum has a degree in librarianship so it was always inevitable we'd be close to books as a family!  :smile:

Hello Bethany. :welcome2:  I can't deny I'm jealous of both your parents jobs and the fact that you get to benefit so much from them!  Feel free to chat about as many books as you feel like here. :smile2:

I'm very lucky I have to admit! Thanks I hope too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...