Greetings from the granite city

Satisfied_Mind

Hello everyone

I'm based in the tropical metropolis that is Aberdeen. Loved reading since early childhood, however my friends don't really share this passion. I am looking forward to reading recommendations from like minded people.

Welcome S_M, you are not alone up there, we have at least two members from Aberdeen.. It's also where my husband was born and he has an aunt and cousins still there.

What do you like to read>  Any favourite genres or authors?

Hello Satisfied Mind - I'm new too but just wanted to mention I have been to Aberdeen, brother was evacuated to Turriff during WWII which I believe isn't too far from Aberdeen.  I'm a Scot by birth but now live in Canada, lived in Glasgow for several years.  Visited Aberdeen when I was a youngster.

Thank you bobblybear, wordsgood, athena and mrsmac!

Mrsmac - Indeed Turriff is very near, probably about 15-20 miles from me. Nice enough place but I haven't been often. I believe I have some relatives in Canada, not sure where and don't think I've ever met them either (great aunt/uncle etc), always been a place I would like to visit.