chesilbeach

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, no more photos after these. :)

23 - photo of "learning to converse with elephants"

24 - phorto of surgery being performed on a warthog

80 - photo of the china pavilion.....wife, son, and GD are in photo :)

60 - trip wouldn't be complete without this photo

Great photos Muggles ......I love giraffes too, I was surprised at how graceful they are when I saw them for the first time too.

But I'm still trying to get over the 10,000 to 12,000 rooms!!! :icon_eek: I would get hopelessly lost trying to find mine :D

Great photos Muggles ......I love giraffes too, I was surprised at how graceful they are when I saw them for the first time too.

But I'm still trying to get over the 10,000 to 12,000 rooms!!! :icon_eek: I would get hopelessly lost trying to find mine :D

I think I kinda exaggerated the number of rooms. I just looked at the room number at the Jamba House and doubled it. I don't think you can go by room numbers though. In any case it is a huge place. :)

As from today my book Genesis of Man is unofficially out of print. It is now 8 years since it was first published and sales have dwindled to the extent that it no longer viable to pay the bi-annual print fee. As from tomorrow then it will no longer be available via book stores and Amazon - anyone who wants a paper copy will have to either order it direct from me, or from the publisher.

It is better this way, as I can control the price and earn more money - those annoying discounters will no longer be able to offer imaginary "used" copies for ridiculous prices which earn me virtually nothing, despite the fact that I did all the hard work of writing and trying to promote it. The Kindle version will of course still be available, which is also better for me, since I earn more (70 percent of the selling price as opposed to about 10 percent for the paper version), and I can make as many changes to the text as I want without incurring extra fees. It is for me then the end of an era. When I think back to how I felt the first time I held a printed copy (I cried for about 10 minutes), it is strange that I feel very little at all.

I think I kinda exaggerated the number of rooms. I just looked at the room number at the Jamba House and doubled it. I don't think you can go by room numbers though. In any case it is a huge place. :)

Regardless of the actual number of rooms, that is truly amazing .....a whole Disney village where you can stay. This lil' ol'  kiwi didn't even know such things existed! :blush2:

Busy day. Grocery shopping, then Dale gutted Xan's room and dismantled his bed ready for the new one arriving this afternoon, while I did the dishes, put on a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, tidied our bedroom and but on a batch of soap shavings to melt so they can be rebatched. Now sitting down with a well deserved cuppa and waiting for my sister to arrive with the bed so we can have a natter and a catch up. So much for a lazy Saturday - LOL!

No lazy Saturday for us either - it's Corans birthday (60th) on Monday and our 16th anniversary, so as it's a work day and I needed to go into Guildford anyway to collect a T shirt and visit Lush (of course), we went for a meal in our favourite vegetarian restaurant. We had a very nice red lentil and mango bake with carrots, beetroot and pineapple coleslaw, followed by lemon roulade for me and a mixed fruit crumble with cream (all wheat free) for Coran for just over £10 a head, which is excellent value considering all the food is freshly made.   :character0104:

Of course we also went to Waterstones and added a few more books to our wish lists. :readingtwo:

Edited by Talisman

Sounds like you both have been busy!

My mum and I bought some plants and have planted them. I've had a headache for most of the day and woke up early this morning with a bad hayfever. So not a great day so far, but I took a paracetamol and my headache has been doing better since. I'm enjoying relaxing even though I'm still somewhat stressed because of university (which shouldn't happen in the weekends but it's been that way lately, no rest for the wicked etc (I'm not even sure what that expression means XD)).

Xan's new bed has now been assembled and his room rearranged. And now our homemade pasta bolognese and garlic bread is almost ready for dinner. I think I deserve a good long soak in the bathtub this evening after such a busy day. :)

Recently, my oldest GD ran and finished the "North Face" Endurance Challenge, 52k (32 miles) on trails in 90 degree temperature.

WOW!  Congratulations to your GD on completing this very gruelling challenge.  I hope everyone is okay.  

Edited by Verna

WOW!  Congratulations to your GD on completing this very gruelling challenge.  I hope everyone is okay.  

Thanks - she did very well.

In her age group she  finished 3rd 0f 42

Females - she finished 12th of 166

All runners - she finished 85th of 430

me - proud grandfather :)

You should be proud Muggle!  What an accomplishment.  I'm suitably impressed! :cool:

This evening was a nightmare.  We going out to dinner earlier and stopped for some traffic in front of us.  The next thing I knew.......we felt 2 very hard bumps from the rear.  A Jeep rear ended us, and someone else rear ended him.  Thank God for seatbelts, and our high riding Jeep.  My husband felt his back twinge badly, so he was brought to the hospital for tests...he is ok, nothing where it isn't supposed to be, and I seem ok, so far.  I guess we'll both be sore in the morning though. 

I had to wait for the police to finish their paperwork, then I followed Charles to the hospital and caught up with him. 

Our Jeep is mostly ok, just a bit of slightly cracked bumper.  But, the other two vehicles were really smashed up. 

I'm still shaky. 

I'm so sorry about that Pontalba.. I hope you and your housband are better now.

Hey Muggle, congrats to your GD, she did really well.

I went shopping this morning because my clothes are definitely too large now.. but the prices are too high for my pockets, so I bought only a skirt. Next week I have to go somewhere else.

pontalba - sorry to hear about the accident. We once were also rear-ended by a woman driving a BMW SUV. Our bumper replacement was expensive.

The extent of car damage is sometimes difficult to evaluate until the bumper is removed and the technician checks everything out.

More importantly, hopefully there is no injury to you and Charles. Consider taking your time in evaluating any possible injuries as sometimes they don't show up immediately.

All - thanks on your congrats to my GD. She has run in Marathons before including the Boston Marathon but this was her first time running an Ultra-Marathon.

Edited by muggle not

@ muggle

Congrats to your granddaughter :)!

@ pontalba

Wow, that sounds very scary! I'm glad you're both okay (I hope) :).

It was scary, and we are seemingly ok.  Thanks Athena. :)

I'm so sorry about that Pontalba.. I hope you and your housband are better now.

Hey Muggle, congrats to your GD, she did really well.

I went shopping this morning because my clothes are definitely too large now.. but the prices are too high for my pockets, so I bought only a skirt. Next week I have to go somewhere else.

Thanks Eleonora, we are taking it easy today.

pontalba - sorry to hear about the accident. We once were also rear-ended by a woman driving a BMW SUV. Our bumper replacement was expensive.

The extent of car damage is sometimes difficult to evaluate until the bumper is removed and the technician checks everything out.

More importantly, hopefully there is no injury to you and Charles. Consider taking your time in evaluating any possible injuries as sometimes they don't show up immediately.

All - thanks on your congrats to my GD. She has run in Marathons before including the Boston Marathon but this was her first time running an Ultra-Marathon.

Thanks muggle, I know that both those things are true.  But Charles was CAT scanned, and while nothing showed up, I also know that some things either don't show up, or don't show up right away.  So, we are taking it easy.  I called in the accident to our insurance last night, and an adjuster will come out and do an estimate/inspection.  We'll use their recommended collision repair place.  I can't remember if we get a rental to use in the meantime, but it will be necessary.  We are 12 miles from the closest anything.  lol

I'm a bit stiff, but so far that is all. 

That's great about your granddaughter muggle.  

Glad that you and husband are ok Pontalba.

We had a rather wonderful few days away last week. We headed north to Yorkshire on Thursday, visited the RSPB cliff top site at Bempton where we saw lots of nesting Gannets, Guillemots, Razorbills and ......PUFFINS! Neither hubby nor I have ever seen them in real life and it was wonderful.

On Friday we had a wonderful trip on a diesel then a steam train on the North Yorkshire Moor Railway, travelling to Whitby (of Dracula fame). We had a wonderful lunch overlooking the harbour, then took a steam train ride back again.

On Saturday we sailed (or chugged) from Bridlington Harbour with about 140 others to see the nesting cliffs from the sea. 3 hours and 20 minutes later we returned having had a fabulous trip, seeing all these wonderful birds up close, and even catching a glimpse of a seal! Wonderful, magical trip. :D  

That's great about your granddaughter muggle.  

Glad that you and husband are ok Pontalba.

We had a rather wonderful few days away last week. We headed north to Yorkshire on Thursday, visited the RSPB cliff top site at Bempton where we saw lots of nesting Gannets, Guillemots, Razorbills and ......PUFFINS! Neither hubby nor I have ever seen them in real life and it was wonderful.

On Friday we had a wonderful trip on a diesel then a steam train on the North Yorkshire Moor Railway, travelling to Whitby (of Dracula fame). We had a wonderful lunch overlooking the harbour, then took a steam train ride back again.

On Saturday we sailed (or chugged) from Bridlington Harbour with about 140 others to see the nesting cliffs from the sea. 3 hours and 20 minutes later we returned having had a fabulous trip, seeing all these wonderful birds up close, and even catching a glimpse of a seal! Wonderful, magical trip. :D  

Wow!! Sounds like you and husband had a great trip. puffins are cute birds to see. We vacation in Maine where there are puffins.