What's up in June?

chesilbeach

Yes, photos are a must, Chalie!

It's been a long and rainy week here in the midwest.  Hopefully it'll brighten up enough on the weekend so I can fire up the grill!  I don't have many plans other than going to a classic car show tomorrow night with a couple friends of mine. 

I also registered for the 'Monster Dash' in October, so I'm excited about that.  It's a 5k run/walk and figure it'll be good motivation for me to get off my you-know-what and start walking and running more! 

I hope everyone has a great weekend :D.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you a good weekend too :).

Here the weather is quite nice, though they've predicted it'll get cooler soon and more cloudy. I plan to do some relaxing as well as some university work.

EDIT: When I say relaxing, that includes reading.

Edited by Athena

We felt Button kicking from the outside today - and by "we" I mean hubby got to feel it too - hurrah! Also went for our 20 week scan (although we're 21 weeks tomorrow) and got a lovely pic of Button in profile. S/he looks strikingly like Big Brother Xander! :)

post-3572-0-04296100-1370640688_thumb.jpg

We want see some photos of her ^^ 

I agree, photos are a must! :) 

Wow, great to be back here! I've been meaning to come back for quite a while now, been recently keeping up to date with the old gang on Facebook, and I did tell Noll I would pop over here at some point!  :D

I've spent all weekend working, and I have been so tired and quite disappointed I have missed out on the nice weather and some quite nice events that have been going on in my home town. I just feel so bogged down in work lately! I work weekend at a supermarket, and a few afternoons a week as a teaching assistant. I am constantly on the job hunt as I am fed up of my situation and need something full time. I had a job interview a few week ago for a full time role as a teaching assistant, but annoyingly didn't get the job due to the fact that the lady who did get it had already been doing a lot of voluntary work at the school. All my teacher friends who I went to Uni with has said that a lot of schools are doing this, which I find incredibly annoying, especially as we had to plan a 10minute reading session for the pre-interview activity, which was just so time consuming when I have one-to-one and group sessions to plan for with my own children who need the extra help. Argh! It was just a horrible experience all around though. They were holding teaching interviews later on in the day, so told us we had to be quick with everything, making us feel a nuisance over their bad scheduling. Then one of the ladies didn't turn up with an activity to do, so the headteacher then decided to humiliate this lady in front of the entire staff room. To be fair, when I phoned up they told me they would provide material, but my headteacher recommended I take something in as they could just be testing us to see if we come prepared. 

I feel like half term just hasn't been long enough, and I cannot wait until the summer holidays start. I have two weeks booked off from the supermarket as well at the end of July so I am hoping to have a lovely time chilling out!  :D

Sabbatical kinda over :). We returned from a vacation in Florida. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge in Orlando and visited Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Downtown Disney. My GD told me that Disney employs approx. 35, 000 people at their various resorts in Orlando. I cannot begin to tell you how awesome and large their Theme Parks are.

Sitting outside on our hotel balcony we had giraffes, zebras, and all kinds of animals and birds (ostrich, etc) walking by. The Theme Parks were just outstanding and everything was so realistic. all of the "tours" were great. Attached is a photo of a part of the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge where we stayed and another photo of the "Tree of Life" taken at Animal Kingdom theme park.

Kinda been AWOL for the last week I had the worlds worst migrane and it lasted 5 days over the past week and it has taken me so long to recover. i think its the stress of no longer having a job and trying to fight my corner with my previous employers of which I seem to be loosing. Still onwards and upwards and I am determined for some good to come out of this.

Sorry to hear that Laura, it must be so tough. :empathy:

Perhaps you could organise some cheap but fun stuff for yourself, maybe a movie night in with friends - with a theme (chick flicks / action / comedy / Harry Potter / Twilight / Whatever! ), or perhaps a spa type evening getting out all those pampering lotions and potions that we all get for Christmas. And if you need some reading material just say the word, and I know MANY here will be more than happy to post a book out to you. Stay strong and take good care.

I hope your job situation improves soon Nightwish - it sounds stressful. I have been there, working part time and wanting full time and know how stressful it can be. If you are patient then I am sure your persistence will pay off in the end.

It was a working weekend for me also - I don't mind that much though, as I finished at 3.30 and so was home by 4pm which is the best part of the day anyway. It meant that I was still able to manage a couple of hours of reading outdoors. The weather has though since changed, so my reading today will be indoors.

I have been in this job for almost five months now. The difference between here and the last place really is startling in terms of how it affects me - I am more relaxed than I have felt in years, in both body and mind - all the aches and pains have gone, I am sleeping better, and best of all, all the mind chatter has gone. I may be earning a bit less than I was, but with the tax cuts I hardly notice the difference - money isn't everything anyway, my health and sanity are both far more important.

It looks like you had an amazing time muggle not :smile:  I would love to go one day!

Thank you Talisman. I just need to get back on the ball now, I have just felt so disheartened over the whole experience. It is good to see your new job has had quite a positive effect on you! 

Today has been quite a dull day, with the end of my favourite TV shows. I feel at a bit of a loss now!  :P My boyfriend and I finished watching the very last episode of The West Wing while we ate our dinner, and we have just finished watching the last of this season of Game of Thrones :( We need more TV! Normally we find a TV series on Netflix or LoveFilm and just watch the whole lot as quickly as we can. I don't think there are many good ones now for us to choose from... 

Sabbatical kinda over :). We returned from a vacation in Florida. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge in Orlando and visited Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Downtown Disney. My GD told me that Disney employs approx. 35, 000 people at their various resorts in Orlando. I cannot begin to tell you how awesome and large their Theme Parks are.

Sitting outside on our hotel balcony we had giraffes, zebras, and all kinds of animals and birds (ostrich, etc) walking by. The Theme Parks were just outstanding and everything was so realistic. all of the "tours" were great. Attached is a photo of a part of the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge where we stayed and another photo of the "Tree of Life" taken at Animal Kingdom theme park.

Wow Muggle, what an amazing place to stay. Did you get any photos from your balcony? Just love the 'Tree of Life'. Glad you had such an awesome time :)

Laura and Nightwish, good luck to you both :hug:.

Muggle, it sounds like you had a lot of fun :).

My thesis has to be handed in soon, and it's almost finished! I'm quite proud of myself.

Edited by Athena

Great photos, Muggle!  I've never been to Florida but if/when I go I would love to stay where you stayed!

Congrats on your almost-finished thesis, Athena! :)

Typical work week for me going on.  Our annual canoe races are happening here at work today and luckily I'm not one of the contestants since I would surely lose!  I'm taking the day off on Friday so the weather holds up we'll be going up to the cabin for the weekend.

Oh, I booked my left wrist carpal tunnel surgery for September, so that's exciting :lol:

Thanks sofia, pontalba, and Athena.

peacefield - It is a great lodge to stay in. it is actually two lodges...the Jamba House and Kidini Village. There are probably about 10000 to 12000 rooms total. We stayed at the Jamba House which we think is the nicest of the two although both are great. Everything is first class and the service is great.

poppy - some more photos at your request. :)

These photos were taken from our hotel room balcony. We love the giraffes. They are so graceful and travel a big distance in a short time due to their long steps.

Edited by muggle not

Had to book myself an emergency appointment for this afternoon at the dentist. My wisdom teeth are forever giving me problems, last year I ended up having one removed because I couldn't deal with it. Having the same problems with my other one, same side of my mouth, just on the bottom this time. The tooth is constantly digging into the side of my mouth. My mouth is extremely small, I always get that complaint when I go to the dentist, I just don't have any room, and all the sharp bits are rammed up against the side of my mouth and is always cutting in and giving me infections. I'm working this afternoon, and I've had to let them know I need to go early, but it just doesn't seem worth going in. On Wednesdays I only work in the afternoon, 1-30 til 3-30, taking children out of their afternoon class for extra literacy support. I'm going to have to leave at 2:45, so it really doesn't seem worth the long drive :/

Ahh well, hopefully they will remove it this time, eh? They told me at my last 6 month checkup (when it was giving me a hard time then) that they would remove it if I carry on having issues with it.  

I know how you feel Laura.. I send you my hugs   :friends3:

Sorry to hear that Laura, it must be so tough. :empathy:

Perhaps you could organise some cheap but fun stuff for yourself, maybe a movie night in with friends - with a theme (chick flicks / action / comedy / Harry Potter / Twilight / Whatever! ), or perhaps a spa type evening getting out all those pampering lotions and potions that we all get for Christmas. And if you need some reading material just say the word, and I know MANY here will be more than happy to post a book out to you. Stay strong and take good care.

Sorry to hear, Laura. I hope you'll find a new job soon. Work on that stress of yours. Baths with calming music? Comedies?

Thank you so much everyone. My boyfriend ended up taking me away on Monday night to go and stay with some friends for the night that i have not seen in a while and it has done me so much good just to get away from everything and reassess the situation. I have managed to find a clause in my contract that will not let them off the hook and I will fight this. My only issue i have at the minute is keeping me busy when I'm home alone but I'm sure that things will look up soon.

Lovely piccie Muggle...looks fab.

Hope you get the tooth sorted out Nightwish...sounds painful.

I just feel sleepy today, no energy for anything, dead slow and stop...at least the tea is cooked.