What's up in June?

chesilbeach

It's a beautiful warm and sunny day here today - let's hope this really is the start of some summer weather in the UK - I'd quite like to put away my fleece for a few weeks this year, at the very least!   :cool: 

What's going on with you today?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, beautiful here too Chesil, bits and pieces to do here, Steve is at golf, then dog walk and gym, maybe take the kids bowling then to badminton, then home made pizza and a film this evening. :) :)

Tomorrow we're off to the Southern Counties Championship Dog Show in Newbury to meet some breeders with a view to hopefully getting another Cattle Dog puppy at some point this year, them off to my sister in laws for a BBQ if the weather holds! :) :)

We are heading over to my parents place soon for lunch in the garden, which sounds a lot posher than it will actually be. :giggle2: They celebrated their 59th Wedding Anniversary this week, so we have some goodies to take with us (some edible, some not).

Have a lovely weekend everyone. :smile:

Best wishes to your parents Chrissy.

Just came back from hospital, I had some good news and some bad. The good one is that I can start eating a little more because I was really starving in the last few months. The bad one is that the fat around my heart is still there and it's still crushing it. I have stronger pills to take now and I have to come back to the doc on december to see if the new therapy is ok.

Enjoy your weekend, guys!

Happy Anniversary to your parents Chrissy! :)

Lunch in the garden sounds lovely.  Posh or not.

Just came back from hospital, I had some good news and some bad. The good one is that I can start eating a little more because I was really starving in the last few months. The bad one is that the fat around my heart is still there and it's still crushing it. I have stronger pills to take now and I have to come back to the doc on december to see if the new therapy is ok.

Well, I'm glad you can eat a bit more.

New and stronger medicine sounds like the right direction.  :friends0:  And that's a good thing.

It's gorgeous weather, but hot and humid as well.  So, I'm very grateful for the air conditioning!

Quiet weekend coming up here, nothing much on the agenda.

There are two movies I want to see though....the new Superman film, and one called Now You See It...both have great previews we've seen at the theatre.  But I wonder if the shows will be too crowded on the weekend. 

Xan and I had a busy morning. We wandered into town to the library, got out a few books, then hit the International Market which comes up three or four times a year. Bought a dozen of the world's best macaroons (and they really ARE the world's best - absolutely to die for!), half a kilo of the sweetest, juiciest cherries I've ever tasted, a small selection of proper Turkish delight, and then had lunch - a kangaroo burger each. Xan had cheese on his, I had mine loaded with juicy fried onions - gorgeous! Judging by the amount of jumping around in my belly, Button enjoyed the burger too. ;)

post-3572-0-98320200-1370101859_thumb.jpg post-3572-0-84303100-1370101874_thumb.jpg

Xan tucking into his kangaroo burger.

Just check out the concentration on his face as he takes a big bite!

I spent the day up on the Hoe today as it was so good. Was only up their for a couple of hours but spent the time reading and trying to get some degree of sun haha. I've also spent today applying to jobs as I didn't get the Lidl job and me and my boyfriend are splitting up, so he is leaving within the coming weeks. Having a job means I can help contribute towards rent etc.

We had a lovely time with Mum and Dad, leaving just as Dad (84 this year) looked like he might be nodding off to sleep. :smile:

I spent the day up on the Hoe today as it was so good. Was only up their for a couple of hours but spent the time reading and trying to get some degree of sun haha. I've also spent today applying to jobs as I didn't get the Lidl job and me and my boyfriend are splitting up, so he is leaving within the coming weeks. Having a job means I can help contribute towards rent etc.

Sorry to read that you and your boyfriend are splitting up, risingdawn. I hope you get another job sorted soon.

I get the feeling you have posted on this before here Eleonora, but somehow I have missed it. So sorry that you are having such health troubles. I hope the new pills sort things out for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, risingdawn.

Eleonora, I hope your health improves, and it's good that at least now you can eat a bit more.

I have wretched, horrendous hayfever and I feel grotty. :sneeze: I keep sneezing, my eyes and ears are itching, even parts of my skin when it's very bad. :motz:  I can't take normal anti-histamines, so I'm trying natural remedies like eating local honey and a balm that I put around my nose to trap pollen. I don't think they work though. :sneeze: Mind you, the last time I took anti-histamines they didn't do anything, so it's no great loss that I can't take them. Anyone know any natural remedies that work? I'll be ever so grateful!!

It didn't stop us going out though; we went though another woodland, walking for hours with Reuben. Honestly, I feel like I could fall asleep right now, but it's not even 8pm. :giggle:

Have you tried an anti allergy nasal spray BB? For my son and I it is more important than the antihistamines.. Why can't you take them, there are different types if it is one particular ingredient you can't have?

BB, what about a simple saline solution?  Something like this.... http://www.amazon.com/Ayr-No-drip-Soothing-0-75-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B001CP8W20

There is no medicine, only aloe, as far as I know.  Very plain and soothing.

There is a gel as well, that could be applied as a barrier before you go out.

Hope you find something!

risingdawn....sorry about the BF.  That is a lot of changes for you to absorb at one time.  :console:

@ Eleonora

I'm glad you can eat a bit more, I'm sorrry to hear about the fat around your heart though, I wish you good health! :hug:

@ Chrissy

I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your parents, Chrissy :)

@ Kell

Sounds like you had a great time :).

@ risingdawn

Wow, that's a lot of changes to take in. I'm sorry you didn't get the Lidl job, and even sorrier you split up with your boyfriend, I hope you feel better soon :hug:. I don't know what happened, but these things are usually tough. I wish you lots of strength.

@ bobblybear

Doesn't hayfever suck? I have it too, though not as bad as you atm. Mine has been manageable. My dad usually has it worse, he has some pills he can take for it which help him. I'm not sure what kind of pills, I've never taken them or asked what's in them. I've never had it very bad, there are bad moments but usually they don't last longer than a few hours. I hope you feel better soon :(.

I've been reading a lot this weekend (because of the read-a-thon), it's so much fun. During the week I'm hard at work on my thesis, which has to be handed in in less than two weeks. After that I have to work on my presentation, and give it. Then, it's over!!

I look forward to be done with uni and have a long break. We (my boyfriend and I) will do some DIY with my parents in a while (well, I'm not sure how much help I am since I'm neither strong nor skilled in these things :P, but..). We plan to go on a one week holiday sometime later, we aren't sure yet when. Because of both our disabilities we can't do too much in one day and we'll have to have resting days. Last year (our first holiday away together) it was tons of fun, I don't know if I'll have just as fun much this year but I hope we'll have some fun.

I plan to make a list of things I could do, to hopefully avoid the issue of getting bored (I don't think it'll happen soon..), like Ben was having. As you can see, I'm looking forward to having some time off! :)

Just a few stressfull weeks until then (approximately one and a half months).

Not much planned today.  Still sat here in my jimjams at the moment, and going to make some tea and toast for brekkie, have a read and a lazy morning, then will see how the rest of the day pans out.  It is Sunday, after all. :D

Have you tried an anti allergy nasal spray BB? For my son and I it is more important than the antihistamines.. Why can't you take them, there are different types if it is one particular ingredient you can't have?

When the shops open today I'm going to pop out for one of those nasal sprays. They have pretty good reviews and I saw them yesterday, but decided to just try the pollen barrier balm instead. One of the active ingredients in the anti-histamines makes me super drowsy, and the other one (loratadine) gave me an irregular heart beat which scared the bejeezus out of me, and on top of that, it didn't work!! There don't seem to be any natural remedies that work, so I think I'll have to try something different (spray).

BB, what about a simple saline solution?  Something like this.... http://www.amazon.com/Ayr-No-drip-Soothing-0-75-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B001CP8W20

I bought something similar yesterday which got rave reviews, but it hasn't done the trick. :sneeze: I was reading that pollen counts will be very high this year due to the cold spring, so maybe it would help with low pollen. I was reading something about a saline flush which may help. I think it's going to be a case of trial and error.

@ bobblybear

Doesn't hayfever suck? I have it too, though not as bad as you atm. Mine has been manageable. My dad usually has it worse, he has some pills he can take for it which help him. I'm not sure what kind of pills, I've never taken them or asked what's in them. I've never had it very bad, there are bad moments but usually they don't last longer than a few hours. I hope you feel better soon :(.

Mine isn't constant, but when it's on it's very bad. Yesterday when we were out in the woodland, I had a very bad moment where my nose was just streaming and my eyes were itching and swollen. But after about 10 minutes, it subsided and I still sneezed occasionally.....it's the tickle in my nose that really irritates me. :motz: Stuffing tissue up there helps but I can only do that at home for obvious reasons. :giggle:

I plan on having a 'catch-up' day today. Catching up on reading, housework, washing which is piling up. I have work tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it after 4 glorious days off. :negative:

Sorry to read that you and your boyfriend are splitting up, risingdawn. I hope you get another job sorted soon.

I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, risingdawn.

risingdawn....sorry about the BF.  That is a lot of changes for you to absorb at one time.  :console:

@ risingdawn

Wow, that's a lot of changes to take in. I'm sorry you didn't get the Lidl job, and even sorrier you split up with your boyfriend, I hope you feel better soon :hug:. I don't know what happened, but these things are usually tough. I wish you lots of strength.

Thanks guys :) We'd been talking about it for a week or so, so I'm kind of used to the idea. It's for the best as well. I applied to about 5 jobs yesterday so I'm hoping something might come of that :)

It's been a lovely sunny day here on Box Hill - Coran and I went to the cemetery at Epsom Downs this morning (closed yesterday due to The Derby) to visit my parents grave (it was 32 years on Friday since Dad passed away), and then sat in the car park for a cup of tea watching all the dismantling and comings and goings. Then it was back to Box Hill for a picnic lunch with the cyclists and a long walk, followed by a couple of hours of sitting on the grass reading.

Thank you very much, my dears! But don't worry too much: I'm fightining and my disease won't win!!

And I'm so sorry for your variuos troubles too..

Bobblybear, hayfever really sucks

Risingdawn, so sorry for your relationship and for the job. Lidl didn't accepted me too.

Athena, enjoy your read-a-thone!!

I have finished painting class until October today. It came as quite a surprise that we were to finish this week, as in previous years we have finished later. However, the college authorities have decided to close earlier. So what do I do now!?

Actually there are plenty of things to do, books to read, paintings to complete and also I'm looking into training to be an english teacher. However, I will miss my mornings with the smiling, chatty Spanish people in my class..

I had a call from a breeder yesterday, and now have a little girl Australian Cattle Dog with our name on her! :) :)

We want see some photos of her ^^ 

In this month I would find a summer job, read so much, relax, and I'll ardently hope to go in england in the next september :D

I had a call from a breeder yesterday, and now have a little girl Australian Cattle Dog with our name on her! :) :)

x

Congratulations! :)

I'm working hard on my master research, only a while longer and it'll be done!

Because of the nice weather (yay!) there are quite a few mosquitos around (not so yay), so I've been bitten quite a few times ><. They're big bites too (I'm allergic or something, to certain types of mosquitos. When I get bitten by one I'm allergic to, the bite is a lot bigger than normally). I'm liking the nice weather, though.

I've received some books I ordered, that's always fun :D.

The past few days I haven't done a lot of reading, I guess after the read-a-thon I felt more like doing some other things.