Bonjour.

Palagrin

I realise now that the topic title makes me sound like I am actually French...which I'm not, I just have a tendency to speak Franglais when I'm in the mood!

I'm seventeen, mostly like reading YA fiction, run a review blog (http://www.thirstforfiction.com if you're interested, I'd love feedback!) and am in love with Kate Bush.

So yeah.

Hi!

Hi Palagrin!  I always liked Kate Bush. Her songs always made me think. I never did fully understand "Running Up That Hill" but I always took it literally that   the couple swopped genders- took each other's identities but then could not get back. I think the original video gave me that impression...what do you think?

Another musician who has great lyrics and reminds me very much of Kate Bush is Bic Runga . Have you heard any of her stuff? 

Hi Palagrin!  I always liked Kate Bush. Her songs always made me think. I never did fully understand "Running Up That Hill" but I always took it literally that   the couple swapped genders- took each other's identities but then could not get back. I think the original video gave me that impression...what do you think?

Another musician who has great lyrics and reminds me very much of Kate Bush is Bic Runga . Have you heard any of her stuff? 

I'm not sure it's about the swapping of genders, specifically - I think it's more a plea to a romantic other trying to show them what she's feeling -

"You don't want to hurt me,

But see how deep the bullet lies.

Unaware Im tearing you asunder."

​I'm in love with Kate too .. she's a genius. Hope you like it here Palagrin .. have fun  :smile: 

​What's your favourite Kate song?

My favourite Kate song is definitely Hounds of Love - I just love it. But the 'The Whole Story' version of Wuthering Heights is marvellous too, particularly the last third in which she really lets it go. So, so good!

I'm not sure it's about the swapping of genders, specifically - I think it's more a plea to a romantic other trying to show them what she's feeling -

"You don't want to hurt me,

But see how deep the bullet lies.

Unaware Im tearing you asunder."

My favourite Kate song is definitely Hounds of Love - I just love it. But the 'The Whole Story' version of Wuthering Heights is marvellous too, particularly the last third in which she really lets it go. So, so good!

Your take on 'Running Up That Hill' is the same as mine (so it must be right :D;))

Probably my favourite song is 'Wuthering Heights' because it was all so new to me and it hit me like a thunderbolt but the 'Hounds of Love' album is just awesome and it's my fave album of hers. All the tracks on it are phenomenal.

I do wish they'd digitally remaster the Hammersmith concert and put it on DVD .. my video copy is worn out and I've nothing decent to play it on :(

Probably my favourite song is 'Wuthering Heights' because it was all so new to me and it hit me like a thunderbolt

It is supremely good. Do you prefer the original or the new vocals version?