Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Hello from Iowa

Hello!  My name is Andrew.  I'm from Iowa, USA.  I was looking for a forum to abuse while being an unproductive software developer.  Here I am!

I read a lot of dystopia.  My favorite book is probably Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson.  I play a lot of football (soccer).  When I'm at home, I spend a lot of time with my guitar.  My favorite movie is Lawrence of Arabia.  I like traveling and, as a consequence, I've developed an interest in photography.  My movie collection is slowly consuming my wall, and my book collection isn't far behind.

Welcome here :)! I own two books by Neal Stephenson, I haven't read them yet though.

Thanks, everyone!

Welcome here :)! I own two books by Neal Stephenson, I haven't read them yet though.

Do it!  I hear Snow Crash is very good, too.  I have it on my to-do list.

Hi Andrew, and welcome to the forum. :smile:

Cryptonomicon is on my TBR pile; I've heard it requires a certain amount of dedication!

Hi Andrew, and welcome to the forum. :smile:

Cryptonomicon is on my TBR pile; I've heard it requires a certain amount of dedication!

Yes!  It certainly helps to have a computer science degree.  Math and computational theory aside, some of the characters in the book are real-world people in a fictional setting.  Stephenson just assumes you know who they are.

Yes!  It certainly helps to have a computer science degree.  Math and computational theory aside, some of the characters in the book are real-world people in a fictional setting.  Stephenson just assumes you know who they are.

Oh, that's me doomed then! :giggle2:

I shall still keep it on my TBR pile, just all the way down the bottom. :P

Hi Andy

Ohio here ,so we are a few states apart -- hope you enjoy it here .    :)