Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be able to join in tomorrow and Sunday.  I've been travelling this morning and then catching up with things at home, but should be free as a bird for the rest of the weekend.  I did start Foxglove Summer this morning and have read two chapters, so that will be my first book to concentrate on. :D

Saturday, October 3rd 2015

The Russian Master and Other Stories (The Duel), by Anton Chekhov - from page 22 to page 62 - 2h
The Russian Master and Other Stories (The Duel, A Hard Case), by Anton Chekhov - from page 62 to page 125 - 1h35m

In total: two sessions, one book, a hundred and three pages, three hours and thirty five minutes

Thoughts: It spoilt Anna Karenina and an unknown Turgenev book, it's a good read however if it doesn't ruin any other story.

Sunday, October 4th 2015

The Russian Master and Other Stories (Gooseberries, Concerning Love, Peasants, Angel), by Anton Chekhov - from page 126 to page 182 - 1h30m

In total: three sessions, one book, a hundred and sixty pages, five hours and five minutes

Thoughts: the rich and intellectuals give place to a more varied roster of everyday characters from other social classes. I'm pleased with the stories in this book. For a while I thought I wouldn't be able to read anything today, gladly I was wrong.

Edited by woolf woolf

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see some of you have held the read-a-thon in my absence :). Poor you, Noll :hug:.

The next one will take place on the 6th, 7th and the 8th of November (Fri-Sat-Sun), I'm excited for it already seeing as I missed the October one.

• 3 weeks later...

The next read-a-thon is this next upcoming weekend. Since there was just a Halloween read-a-thon, I doubt there'll be many people participating, but since I missed the early October read-a-thon, I plan on participating. I might start with my short reads on Thursday already, since I have a lot I want to read. I know of at least one other person participating, anyone else?

My Read-a-thon November 2015 Plan:

Owned reads:

Jojo Moyes - Paris for One

Ann M. Martin - De Babysitters Club 21: Tine en de Ondeugende Tweeling (Mallory and the Trouble with Twins) (re-read)

Ann M. Martin - De Babysitters Club 22: Dieren-babysitter Jessie (Jessi Ramsey, Pet-sitter) (re-read)

Ann M. Martin - The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special 4: Baby-Sitters' Island Adventure

A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 15: De Cock en de Broeders van de Zachte Dood

Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 11

Nick Arnold - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Je Briljante Brein (Horrible Science: Bulging Brains)

Susan Hatler - Treasured Dreams 3: An Unexpected Love

Library Loans #1:

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 3: De Piraten van de Zilveren Kattenklauw (Il Galeone Dei Gatti Pirati)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 70: Het Raadsel van London (Appuntamento... Col Mistero!)

Joe Carrot - Joe Carrot 1: Één Minuut voor Middernacht (Un Minuto a Mezzanotte)

Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 8: Schipbreuk in de Ruimte (I Naufraghi Delle Stelle)

Thea Stilton - Prinsessen van Fantasia 6: Koningin van de Slaap (Principesse del Regno della Fantasia 6: La Regina del Sonno)

Thea Stilton - Thea Sisters De Zeven Rozen 3: Het Wonderlijke Wolkenland (Il Segreto delle Fate delle Nuvole)

Luc Descamps - De Donkere Getallen 1: Zwarte Gaten

Stephen Pastis - Flip Fiasco 1: Oeps... (Timmy Failure 1: Mistakes Were Made)

Luc Embrechts and Eric Bouwens - Uitvinderszooitje 1: De Ijsmodulator

Luc Embrechts and Eric Bouwens - Vampierzooitje 3: De Vampiers Strijken Terug

Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 1: De Schat op het Kerkhof (Il Tesoro del Cimitero)

Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 9: De Geest van Dokter Muffa (Il Fantasma del Dottor Muffa)

Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 10: Het Ware Verhaal van Frankenstein (La vera storia di Frankenstein)

Library Loans #2:

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 59: Rokfords Rattige Roddelpers (Lo Strano Caso Del Ladro Di Notizie)

Geronimo Stilton - Moby Dick: De Witte Walvis (Moby Dick: La Balena Bianca)

Thea Stilton - Princessen van Fantasia: De Koraalprinses (Principesse del Regno della Fantasia 2: Principessa Dei Coralli)

Thea Stilton - Heksen van Fantasia 3: De Heks van Klank en Toon (Strega Del Suono)

Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 12: Het Vervloekte Huis (La Casa Stregata)

I borrowed Library Loans #2 later than #1. I haven't yet decided if I want to mix them in according to series or whether I'll just read them after finishing #1. To be honest though, I doubt I'll finish more than half of this list. This is just what I'd like to read (well, I need to hand in the library loans in a while, and these are the type of owned books I often read for read-a-thons).

I also want to take part in the read-a-thon :smile2: I did the Halloween read-a-thon last weekend but I didn't get a lot of reading done and I want to do more this weekend. Try to get the mojo going again!

Woohoo! 

I am in, even if tomorrow is the end of my current read.  And I have to read the sample, but I think I will be going with Winnie the Pooh for part of it.  Hm... from Margaret Atwood to Winnie the Pooh?? :o

I also want to take part in the read-a-thon :smile2: I did the Halloween read-a-thon last weekend but I didn't get a lot of reading done and I want to do more this weekend. Try to get the mojo going again!

I hope it will help for your mojo :friends3:! I wish you a great reading weekend :smile2:.

Woohoo! 

I am in, even if tomorrow is the end of my current read.  And I have to read the sample, but I think I will be going with Winnie the Pooh for part of it.  Hm... from Margaret Atwood to Winnie the Pooh?? :o

That is quite a change.. I hope you enjoy both :D. Happy reading weekend :readingtwo:!

I'm going to be non committal for November.  I just finished 60 pages, but I have yet to read anything more.  Its still early in the day though, so maybe today will turn out to be an ok day reading wise.

I hope you, Anna and Frankie, are having fun this weekend :).

My progress:

Thursday 05-11-2015

45 mins, 96 pages, Jojo Moyes - Paris for One

45 mins, 119 pages, Ann M. Martin - De Babysitters Club 21: Tine en de Ondeugende Tweeling (Mallory and the Trouble with Twins (re-read)

45 mins, 119 pages, Ann M. Martin - De Babysitters Club 22: Dieren-babysitter Jessie (Jessi Ramsey, Pet-sitter) (re-read)

1h 30 mins, ~226 pages, Ann M. Martin - The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special 4: Baby-Sitters' Island Adventure

Total: 3h 45 mins, 560 pages

Friday 06-11-2015

1h 30 mins, 135 pages, A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 15: De Cock en de Broeders van de Zachte Dood

1h 30 mins, 510 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 11

1h 15 mins, 183 pages, Nick Arnold - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Je Briljante Brein (Horrible Science: Bulging Brains) (re-read)

20 mins, ~30 pages, Susan Hatler - Treasured Dreams 3: An Unexpected Love

20 mins, 128 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 3: De Piraten van de Zilveren Kattenklauw (Il Galeone Dei Gatti Pirati)

Total: 4h 55 mins, 986 pages

Saturday 07-11-2015

45 mins, 192 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 70: Het Raadsel van London (Appuntamento... Col Mistero!)

20 mins, 128 pages, Joe Carrot - Joe Carrot 1: Één Minuut voor Middernacht (Un Minuto a Mezzanotte)

15 mins, 128 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 59: Rokfords Rattige Roddelpers (Lo Strano Caso Del Ladro Di Notizie)

30 mins, 224 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Moby Dick: De Witte Walvis (Moby Dick: La Balena Bianca)

40 mins, 224 pages, Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 8: Schipbreuk in de Ruimte (I Naufraghi Delle Stelle)

25 mins, 128 pages, Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 1: De Schat op het Kerkhof (Il Tesoro del Cimitero)

20 mins, 117 pages, Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 9: De Geest van Dokter Muffa (Il Fantasma del Dottor Muffa)

1h 10 mins, 242 pages, Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 10: Het Ware Verhaal van Frankenstein (La vera storia di Frankenstein)

Total: 4h 15 mins, 1383 pages

So far I haven't read as much this weekend as I had wanted to. But I'm not disappointed, I still read a lot the past few days, more than it felt I did to be honest. I read for a while this morning in bed, hopefully I can read some more this afternoon too.

I hope you'll finish it today :smile2:.

I've been doing some household things. I haven't read any more since this morning. I feel stressed though I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure I feel in the mood for reading at the moment. I'm quite tempted to catalogue the new books I was given, bought and loaned from the library. But maybe I should just try to read.

My progress for yesterday:

Sunday 08-11-2015

30 mins, 101 pages, Bat Pat (Roberto Pavanello) - Bat Pat 12: Het Vervloekte Huis (La Casa Stregata)

45 mins, 152 pages, Luc Descamps - De Donkere Getallen 1: Zwarte Gaten

50 mins, 177 pages, Luc Embrechts and Eric Bouwens - Uitvinderszooitje 1: De Ijsmodulator

45 mins, 185 pages, Luc Embrechts and Eric Bouwens - Vampierzooitje 3: De Vampiers Strijken Terug

Total: 2h 55 mins, 615 pages

I didn't have a great reading day yesterday. I could've read a lot more, but I was feeling way too stressed out. I did some household stuff too that needed to be done.

Total this read-a-thon: 15h 45 mins, 3544 pages, 21 books read

Overall though I'm pleased. I know it's more than usual because I counted 4 read-a-thon days, but I'm still happy with what I accomplished even if it isn't as much as I'd hoped to do. I read a lot of nice books.

Frankie, how did it go for you yesterday? Anna, and for you?

The next read-a-thon will take place on 4th, 5th and 6th of December. Aside from the usual books, I plan to read a few Christmassy short stories.