Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

I hope to take part, I don't have anything planned so far. Not sure what books I'll read yet, though. I have four on the go at the moment, so it will depend where I'm at with them.

I hope you can take part :)!

At this stage my weekend is free, so I'll try to join in. :)

It'd be great if you could join in :)

I have a few contenders :lol:

The Painted Veil- W Somerset Maugham and

Beacon 23: Little Noises- Hugh Howey with

Beacon 23: Pet Rocks- Hugh Howey

or

Total Recall- Phillip K. Dick with

Full House- Maeve Binchy

Of course, plan one are all books not on my short TBR, the second is all books on it... guess which one I am leaning toward :giggle2:

Sounds good :)! Are you going to decide just before the read-a-thon / on the days itself?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good :)! Are you going to decide just before the read-a-thon / on the days itself?

I am leaning toward plan 1... off the list :rolleyes:  :giggle2: That way, maybe I can finish the Beacon 23 series before Reacher time...  I need to read the sample for TPV though first, I just LOVED the movie.

and that you'll like TPV. I don't know much about the latter, but hopefully you'll like the sample :).

Totally different from what I'd normally watch, although Edward Norton is in it, but the movie was a beautiful love story, I am hoping it was true to the book.  It just occurred to me to read it and I found out it is only 186 pages!

Totally different from what I'd normally watch, although Edward Norton is in it, but the movie was a beautiful love story, I am hoping it was true to the book.  It just occurred to me to read it and I found out it is only 186 pages!

Sounds like a good read-a-thon read then :)!

Happy read-a-thon-ing, everyone :readingtwo:! I already started on a few reads yesterday, but I intend to continue for real today. I was feeling very nauseated yesterday so I thought reading something easy might help take my mind off it. I wasn't quite in the mood yesterday though for reading but today I feel more like it :). I hope you all have fun!

I need to get started on my read-a-thon-ing! I am sick with a cold so it's the perfect excuse to wrap up in bed with some books :)

I hope you feel better! At least reading a book will keep your mind off of your cold.

I've done about 2 hours of reading today. I'm hoping to really get stuck in tomorrow.

I hope you all have fun!

Thanks- you too :)

I need to get started on my read-a-thon-ing! I am sick with a cold so it's the perfect excuse to wrap up in bed with some books :)

:flowers2:

I've done about 2 hours of reading today. I'm hoping to really get stuck in tomorrow.

Have Fun!

I have finished off the last 25 pages of The Kingmaker's Daughter and went straight to The Painted Veil.  It's good, but I think if I hadn't seen the move first, I might be confused.  Finished the Gregory at 700 :giggle2:

I hope you feel better! At least reading a book will keep your mind off of your cold.

Thanks! hopefully.

:flowers2:

Awwww :blush2::giggle:

Just had a nap so I'm feeling temporarily brighter and for my first read-a-thon trick, I'm gonna tackle the last 30-40 pages of Asking For It. :bookworm:

Just had a nap so I'm feeling temporarily brighter and for my first read-a-thon trick, I'm gonna tackle the last 30-40 pages of Asking For It. :bookworm:

What is the story with that book?  I don't even find it listed on Amazon here.  I mean, the release, not the synopsis :giggle2:

LOVING The Painted Veil.  It's a great read a thon book too, because it's so good, I don't want it to end... yet, I can't put it down because its so good!

Edited by Anna Begins

Awwww :flowers2:! I hope you feel better soon.

Well done, I hope you have fun this weekend :).

I hope you enjoy it :). I haven't seen that :bookworm: emoticon before, I love it! 

LOVING The Painted Veil.  It's a great read a thon book too, because it's so good, I don't want it to end... yet, I can't put it down because its so good!

I'm glad you're enjoying this a lot :).

Here is my progress for yesterday:

Friday 04-09-2015

1h 10 mins, 350 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 10 (started on Thursday 03-09-2015)

1h 5 mins, 178 pages, Nick Arnold - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Bloed, Botten en de Rest van je Body (Horrible Science: Blood, Bones and Body Bits)

45 mins, 224 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Onder Moeders Vleugels (Piccole Donne)

Total: 3h, 752 pages

I didn't read a lot yesterday, I wasn't entirely in the mood and we ended up doing some other stuff. It didn't help that I had to sort out some things regarding medication that caused me stress. I had fun though reading what I did read :).

Happy reading today, everyone :readingtwo::bookworm:.

What is the story with that book?  I don't even find it listed on Amazon here.  I mean, the release, not the synopsis :giggle2:

It only officially released in Ireland two days ago.. seems to be here though. :)

I read 138 pages of Asking For It yesterday, finishing it off. I also read approx 97 pages of Beyond the Great Indoors, though it's a Kindle copy so I'm not entirely sure as I'm basing it off approximate percentages!! About to settle down to finish the latter's last 20% off :)

Awwww :flowers2:! I hope you feel better soon.

I haven't seen that :bookworm: emoticon before, I love it!

Thank you! And hehe, I was looking for a different one which turns out to be on page 1 of the emotes, but I missed it and used the worm instead! :P

Edit: Just to update my progress for my own benefit without adding another post: 60 pages finished of BtGI, so that's 295 pages read and two books finished so far, woo!

Think you're undervaluing yourself there, Anna, check your math :D

:lol:

Saturday 9/5:

50 pages, The Painted Veil (Finished)

30 pages, Total Recall by Phillip K Dick (Finished)

80 pages, Eddie and Sunny by Stacey Cochran

Total= 160 pages

Friday 9/4:

30 pages, The Kingmaker’s Daughter- Philippa Gregory

125 pages, The Painted Veil- W Somerset Maugham

Total= 155 pages

:lol:

Saturday 9/5:

50 pages, The Painted Veil (Finished)

30 pages, Total Recall by Phillip K Dick (Finished)

80 pages, Eddie and Sunny by Stacey Cochran

Total= 160 pages

Well done :)! You read quite a bit, did you enjoy the books?

Okay so today I read Alive by Scott Siegler, which was 368 pages, bringing my totals for this Read-A-Thon to:

Books finished/read: 3

Pages read: 663

Not my best Read-a-Thon ever, but I'm still pretty happy with it.

Well done! I'm glad you had fun :). I hope your cold will be better soon.

Here's my progress:

Saturday 05-09-2015

1h, 224 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Geheime Missie: Olympische Spelen (Lo Strano Caso Dei Giochi Olimpici)

25 mins, 128 pages, Joe Carrot - Het Rupsenraadsel (Il Mistero Dei Bruchi Giganti)

50 mins, 224 pages, Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 15: Viva Flamenco (Missione "Flamenco")

50 mins, 224 pages, Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 16: Help, We Missen een Welp! (Cinque Amiche Per Un Leone)

Total: 3h 5 mins, 800 pages

Sunday 06-09-2015

55 mins, 114 pages, Luc Descamps - De Donkere Getallen 3: De Grot van Merlijn

45 mins, 217 pages, Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules

1h 15 mins, 217 pages, Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4: Dog Days

40 mins, 345 pages, Andy Griffiths (ill. Terry Denton) - Treehouse 2: 26-Story Treehouse

1h 25 mins, 139 pages, Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik.. (Zonder) Vriendschap & Liefde?

40 mins, 80 pages, Lucy Hawking and Stephen Hawking - George 3: De Knal in het Heelal (George and the Big Bang)

Total: 5h 40 mins, 1112 pages

I went shopping this weekend and felt exhausted after that. Still, I'm not too unhappy, I got through most of the books.

Total this read-a-thon: 11h 45 mins, 2664 pages, 11 + 1/2 + 1/4 books read

Wow- good work!  I did enjoy everything I read, I hope you did too :)  I am going to extend my read a thoning through today as today is a holiday for me and I must finish Sugar by tomorrow, for the new Jack Reacher :D

Sunday 9/6:

131 pages, Eddie and Sunny (Finished)

50 pages, Sugar by Deirdre Riordan Hall

Total= 181 pages

Total read a thon= 496 pages

2 books finished, 1 short story finished and 1 book finished off.

I'm glad you enjoyed everything you read :)! You've made great progress this read-a-thon!

Oh yes, as is customary by now I will post the dates for the next read-a-thon. In principle that should be the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of October (Fri, Sat, Sun). However, I won't be able to join in on this date. I haven't decided yet for myself what I want to do, because the week after isn't really good for me either. So I don't know if I might just skip it or whether I'll have a mini-read-a-thon even later in the month. Earlier seems too close to this one, though of course later in October means close to November's one.. dilemmas! But everyone else is free to have the read-a-thon on the usual dates, of course.

Hi! Here's how I got on this read-a-thon:

Friday: 'The Hobbit' (28 Pages)

Saturday: 'The Hobbit' (13 Pages)

Sunday 'The Hobbit' (16 Pages)

Total Page Read: 57 Pages

I tried to add up using my Kindle, so I don't think the total is quite right. It felt like I read way more than 57 pages :doh:

Yeah, that doesn't seem like it can be correct..

Are you enjoying The Hobbit? I thought it was a good book, though the songs sometimes went on a little bit too long.

I'm enjoying it, but probably not as much as the first time I read this. Oh, and I'm skipping all of the songs :P

I'm enjoying it, but probably not as much as the first time I read this. Oh, and I'm skipping all of the songs :P

That makes sense :P. It's a shame you're not enjoying it as much as the first time. I hope it will be enjoyable enough though.

• 4 weeks later...