My totals for this readathon:

Mind Games - Teri Terry (finished, didn't start during readathon) - 320 pages

The Last Leaves Falling (complete) - 320 pages

The Legacy of Heorot (complete) - 368 pages

Wayward Pines (partial) - 172 pages

Total pages: 1180

Delighted! :lol:

Excellent, very exciting :D!! 

I didn't read that much on Sunday, just a few hours in the whole day, but it was an enjoyable few hours, at least :smile:

Yay, you had a successful read-a-thon !!  :e010:

I'm glad you had an enjoyable few hours :)!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:giggle2: but very good work for your part for recycling  :JC_cookies: (and there was no plastic packaging in the 'virtual cookies'!  :giggle2:

Thank you ! * nom nom nom*  :giggle2:

I`m pretty much done with yesterday`s newspapers now ( with new ideas for books to look up, what with all those ` what you must read this Summer` articles... )  No actual book-reading again. Shall be better prepared next month and get the papers out of the way before hand.  :smile:

Congrats to all the other read-a-thoners !  :D

I`m pretty much done with yesterday`s newspapers now ( with new ideas for books to look up, what with all those ` what you must read this Summer` articles... )  No actual book-reading again. Shall be better prepared next month and get the papers out of the way before hand.  :smile:

Congrats to all the other read-a-thoners !  :D

I hope you got some nice ideas :)! Thank you :D.

Wow- great progress from everyone!!  Noll, I can't believe it!  :o

I only got through the rest of Born on the Fourth of July and several samples.  I'd say I got in about 80 pages yesterday.  So, I ended up with a measly 335 for the weekend.  Which is basically what I do on a regular day (about 115 a day, not 335, those days... I hope are not gone *sigh*)

Edited by Anna Begins

Anna, I just have no life :giggle:

Super successful readathon, great to see so many people. I'm really looking forward to this thread during the Winter months. :grinhat: Anyone else find that? Something about books that just makes me long for winter and dark evenings to curl up inside with tea, a book, and my laptop to chat with you lovely folk!

Anna, I just have no life :giggle:

Super successful readathon, great to see so many people. I'm really looking forward to this thread during the Winter months. :grinhat: Anyone else find that? Something about books that just makes me long for winter and dark evenings to curl up inside with tea, a book, and my laptop to chat with you lovely folk!

No, no, it just goes in spurts like that sometimes :)  Two years ago, I got to 103, last year only 87 :doh: Plus, you have a job, I have no excuse!

I love reading when its just drizzling out, not really raining but just misting and not totally dark skies... but I like sitting under the patio on sunny days as well :P

I did five hours of Orange, Mint and Honey by Carleen Brice. I couldn't put it down!

I'm glad you enjoyed your book :)

I only got through the rest of Born on the Fourth of July and several samples.  I'd say I got in about 80 pages yesterday.  So, I ended up with a measly 335 for the weekend.  Which is basically what I do on a regular day (about 115 a day, not 335, those days... I hope are not gone *sigh*)

Awww, I know you had some celebrations and such though. I hope you did have a bit of fun and that you'll feel more satisfied next time :).

It was great to see so many people! I'm up for a read-a-thon at most times, but I can see what you mean :)

Well I would do one next weekend, but I'm going on a two week vacation starting next saturday  :giggle2:

:lol: Well, you'll be back for the next official read-a-thon then, aye? :D 

What a great turnout during the read-a-thon, it was fun reading about everyone's progress. You all did a whole lot of reading! :cool:  :readingtwo:   I think this was the most active read-a-thon this year...? :smile2:  

I was distracted myself after Friday, I had a semi unexpected visit from a friend and Sunday was ... Sunday. I'd looked forward to a weekend of reading but hey, I ain't complaining. Maybe next time! :smile2: 

Well done everyone! :D 

What a great turnout during the read-a-thon, it was fun reading about everyone's progress. You all did a whole lot of reading! :cool:  :readingtwo:   I think this was the most active read-a-thon this year...? :smile2:

You know, I think so :)!

I hope you can join more next time :) (if you want to, at least!).

• 4 weeks later...

Noll is correct, it will indeed be from Friday the 7th of August until Sunday the 9th of August. I'm happy to hear you will both be reading :)!

As for myself, I'm wondering if I should start a few days early (but without recording my time or anything), because some people I know are doing a weeklong read-a-thon next week, with challenges, so I thought I'd maybe participate a bit in that. I do have to do some stuff next week so I can't be reading all day long or anything (I don't think I could read all day long for seven days in a row, anyway!), but they have a couple of challenges one could do (such as read a book by an author who shares the first letter of your last name), and I was thinking of doing those. Also, I've just got one book left to read of my non-read-a-thon library loans, which I expect to finish hopefully today. I'm not sure yet what I'll be reading for a few days if I have to wait until Friday :giggle2:. I might also read a BabySitter's Club book or such, start on my own read-a-thon reads early (as I don't know if I can get through my own reads + library read-a-thon reads in three days). Well, I'll have a think about things. But don't worry, I won't be cluttering this thread with any updates before next Friday :giggle2:.

I look forward to the read-a-thon, anyway :).

Noll is correct, it will indeed be from Friday the 7th of August until Sunday the 9th of August. I'm happy to hear you will both be reading :)!

As for myself, I'm wondering if I should start a few days early (but without recording my time or anything), because some people I know are doing a weeklong read-a-thon next week, with challenges, so I thought I'd maybe participate a bit in that. I do have to do some stuff next week so I can't be reading all day long or anything (I don't think I could read all day long for seven days in a row, anyway!), but they have a couple of challenges one could do (such as read a book by an author who shares the first letter of your last name), and I was thinking of doing those. Also, I've just got one book left to read of my non-read-a-thon library loans, which I expect to finish hopefully today. I'm not sure yet what I'll be reading for a few days if I have to wait until Friday :giggle2:. I might also read a BabySitter's Club book or such, start on my own read-a-thon reads early (as I don't know if I can get through my own reads + library read-a-thon reads in three days). Well, I'll have a think about things. But don't worry, I won't be cluttering this thread with any updates before next Friday :giggle2:.

I look forward to the read-a-thon, anyway :).

I might join you in an early read-a-thon! Reading something from an author with the first letter of your last name sounds interesting. I only just remembered that I was also taking part in the 1001 books to read before you die challenge on thif forum. Judging by my list, I haven't progressed much :doh:

I might join you in an early read-a-thon! Reading something from an author with the first letter of your last name sounds interesting. I only just remembered that I was also taking part in the 1001 books to read before you die challenge on thif forum. Judging by my list, I haven't progressed much :doh:

That would be nice :)! I'm sorry you haven't progressed much with your challenge :(.

Just in case you (or anyone else) is interested, here is the video announcing the reading challenges:

The challenges:

1. Read a book with blue on the cover

2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name

3. Read someone else's favourite book

4. Read the last book you acquired

5. Finish a book without letting go of it

6. Read a book you really want to read

7. Read seven books

Sounds like an interesting one! :smile2: I loved rule number 7.: Read seven books. On top of the books for 1-6?? :thud:

:giggle2::D 

I wonder if I would be able to take part in that.... One could start this weekend if one wanted... Hm! 

Great! Thanks for posting this. I'm definitely going to do some of these challenges.

You're welcome, I hope you have fun :)!

Sounds like an interesting one! :smile2: I loved rule number 7.: Read seven books. On top of the books for 1-6?? :thud:

:giggle2::D 

I wonder if I would be able to take part in that.... One could start this weekend if one wanted... Hm!

Yes, they had number 7 last time as well, it is quite a lot. Most people don't actually read 7 books but some do, normally by reading some graphic novels or such. Most of the people participating are in high school or university so they have summer holidays now and they tend to read shorter YA books. If you take part, I wish you lots of fun :)!

I have two Hugh Howey short stories waiting for the read a thon (The Plagiarist and The Box), plus two collections by one of my very favorite authors (Raymond Carver) to read.  I can't wait!  I will probably not read as fast you all :blush2: I am aiming for about 400 pages.

The read a thon challenge sounds so hard!

Yes, they had number 7 last time as well, it is quite a lot. Most people don't actually read 7 books but some do, normally by reading some graphic novels or such. Most of the people participating are in high school or university so they have summer holidays now and they tend to read shorter YA books. If you take part, I wish you lots of fun :)!

Do you know, I only just realized that those are all different challenges, not the rules of a single, huge challenge. At least that's what I've come to think now. 13 books would be a lot for one week! 

I think my last name is going to make this a bit more difficult for me than some of you others, my last name starting with a K :D Stephen King was the only author I could come up with without looking at my TBR list! Oh and Sophie Kinsella, but I don't have any books by her that I haven't yet read. (And I don't want to do a re-read)

I have two Hugh Howey short stories waiting for the read a thon (The Plagiarist and The Box), plus two collections by one of my very favorite authors (Raymond Carver) to read.  I can't wait!  I will probably not read as fast you all :blush2: I am aiming for about 400 pages.

I hope you enjoy your books :D!

Do you know, I only just realized that those are all different challenges, not the rules of a single, huge challenge. At least that's what I've come to think now. 13 books would be a lot for one week! 

I think my last name is going to make this a bit more difficult for me than some of you others, my last name starting with a K :D Stephen King was the only author I could come up with without looking at my TBR list! Oh and Sophie Kinsella, but I don't have any books by her that I haven't yet read. (And I don't want to do a re-read)

No, that's not how it works, gladly! You are allowed to combine challenges :). So if you want to read a book with blue on the cover, that's also someone else's favourite book, then that counts for those two challenges. The goal is not to read 6 books + another 7, that would be insane :o (for almost everyone), but you could read for example 4 books that tick off challenges 1-6 and then read another 3 to meet challenge 7. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear, I should have explained it better :blush2:. A lot of people are only doing some of the challenges, as it's not doable for them to meet them all.

Yes, I can imagine that is difficult. My last name starts with an 'S' so that is a bit easier. I own ~215 books where the author's last name starts with 'K', and ~494 books where the author's last name starts with 'S', it seems some letters are much more common than others. Most letters are somewhat okay in terms of the books I own, other than: I, N, O, Q, U, X, Y, Z. These are letters of which I have not so many books. I hope you will be able to find a book if you feel like doing the challenge. You could pick a book where the first name of the author starts with 'K', if that's easier? Some people have done that.

Thanks Athena for being so patient and explaining the rules for me :blush:  :flowers2:  Yes, 13 books would be insane, but it's that kind of insane that excites me and inspires me, although I know for sure that I couldn't read 13 books :lol: And you weren't being unclear at all! I could've checked things out for myself, too, so it's just my own laziness :blush: 

Yep, S is a lot easier :D But compared to my library of K books, you would have quite a few to choose from, if your last name started with K. But then again, you are Dutch and maybe K is a more common letter to start a last name over there than in the UK. Over here 'k' is a very common letter in Finnish. :) Imagine the people whose last name starts with å, ä or ö :D:blush: 

(Since you're doing the booktubeathon, I was wondering if we should/could/ought to start a specific thread for that. It might be fun.... Hm!)