Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been busy again, so I haven't read much. A read-a-thon would be a great way to get back on track, but I'm going on vacation today through Sunday :( Maybe I will have my own personal read-a-thon next week. 

I've been busy again, so I haven't read much. A read-a-thon would be a great way to get back on track, but I'm going on vacation today through Sunday :( Maybe I will have my own personal read-a-thon next week.

Awwww, I hope you have fun though on your vacation. Feel free to make up your own personal read-a-thon and ask if anyone wants to join, though, if you want :).

Turns out I'm not going anywhere this weekend, so I'm hopefully gonna join in properly :)

I hope you enjoy your reading :)!

Happy read(a-thon-)ing, everyone who participates :readingtwo:!

Happy reading everyone, I'm really excited about the read-a-thon! :smile2: 

BSchultz19, too bad you can't join this time, but have fun on your vacation! :smile2: And I'm echoing Athena's sentiments: you can do one next weekend, and ask around if other people would like to join you! :) 

Day 1 is not quite down, but I finished a book - I read 320 pages of Mind Games by Teri Terry.

:thud:

I did

75 pages of Ken Follett's World Without End

and

80 pages of Ron Kovic's Born on the Fourth of July

Total- 155 pages

Friday so far

46 pages of Britt-Marie kävi täällä by Fredrik Backman, thus finishing the novel. I don't know what to read next... Too many great books to choose from!  :readingtwo:

Well done! I hope you enjoyed the book and that you can find a nice new book :).

Day 1 is not quite down, but I finished a book - I read 320 pages of Mind Games by Teri Terry. Very good read. Hope to pack in a few more pages of something else tonight.

Well done! Did you enjoy it? 

I did

and

Total- 155 pages

Great progress :)! So appropriate to read Born on the Fourth of July near / on the 4th of July!

My progress for yesterday:

Friday 03-07-2015

1h 30 mins, 510 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 7 (re-read)

40 mins, 224 pages, Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 17: Paniek op Hawaï (La Leggenda Dei Fiori Di Fuocco)

30 mins, 192 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Superhelden 1: De Bende van Ratstad (I Difensori di Muskusrat City)

30 mins, 192 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Superhelden 4: Superhelden Tegen de Dubbelgangers (Supersquitt Contro i Terribli Tre)

40 mins, 222 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Drie Muisketiers (I Tre Moschettieri)

1h, 224 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Avonturen van Robinson Crusoe (Le Avventure di Robinson Crusoe)

Total: 4h 50 mins, 1564 pages

I had a lot of fun reading :), more than I thought I would have seeing as I haven't felt like doing much lately. Here's to another good day of read(-a-thon-)ing for everyone (who participates) :readingtwo:!

:thud:

I did

and

Total- 155 pages

You made great progress too! I had the day off work, and it was a super interesting book, that's why I got through it so fast! :lol:

Well done! Did you enjoy it?

YES! It was fantastic. A little unpolished and a little too fast-paced (it was a 450 page book which should have been a duology - needed more fleshing out, more careful explaining and was absolutely interesting enough to fill a duology, BUT, it is a YA book, so I think that contributed, and as for the pace, I was able to keep up and I loved it. Really loved it.

Now I'm reading The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell, which is a YA novel about a Japanese 17 year old dying of ALS, told from his perspective. So far it's very good. I suspect it will get very sad. I also just realised that even though its author doesn't seem to be Asian, the book being set in Japan TOTALLY counts as a cultural read. (It does!)

I'm partly in too! Couldn't do Friday at all (work etc.) but I've been reading all morning; hoping to finish some books today/tomorrow.

So far I'm almost done with Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris which I started ages ago. 

What a great turnout for the read-a-thon this weekend! :smile2: Happy reading  :readingtwo:

Adding 62 pages of The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins to my Friday's reading count. Might not manage that much reading today as a friend's coming over. 

So far today I have read:

268 pages of The Legacy Of Heorot by Larry Niven. Not overly impressed, but I'm most of the way through so I want to finish for finishing's sake

103 pages of The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell, which I'm really enjoying.

I'm gonna read a bit more tonight, but that brings my total so far to: 691 pages.

Eh, I am exhausted after today's 4th of July festivities.  I still managed 100 pages of Born on the 4th of July today.  Its 2:00 but I am still counting pages, as I haven't gone to sleep yet, so it is sort of Saturday still :giggle2: But, I am done for the night... or should I say morning?  :readingtwo:

YES! It was fantastic. A little unpolished and a little too fast-paced (it was a 450 page book which should have been a duology - needed more fleshing out, more careful explaining and was absolutely interesting enough to fill a duology, BUT, it is a YA book, so I think that contributed, and as for the pace, I was able to keep up and I loved it. Really loved it.

Now I'm reading The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell, which is a YA novel about a Japanese 17 year old dying of ALS, told from his perspective. So far it's very good. I suspect it will get very sad. I also just realised that even though its author doesn't seem to be Asian, the book being set in Japan TOTALLY counts as a cultural read. (It does!)

I'm glad the book was so good! The Last Leaves Falling sounds good too :).

I'm partly in too! Couldn't do Friday at all (work etc.) but I've been reading all morning; hoping to finish some books today/tomorrow.

So far I'm almost done with Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris which I started ages ago.

Great to have you join us, have fun :)!

What a great turnout for the read-a-thon this weekend! :smile2: Happy reading  :readingtwo:

Adding 62 pages of The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins to my Friday's reading count. Might not manage that much reading today as a friend's coming over.

I agree :)!

Nice progress, I hope you have fun with your friend :).

I`m up to page 243 of A Discovery of Witches ( that was about 4 hours of re-reading ; I hope to finish it this weekend, then read the next two in the series  ). It was even better than I remembered it.  :D

I'm glad to hear this :). I hope to read the book some day (I own books 1 and 2 but I want to have the third one before reading them, I think :P).

So far today I have read:

268 pages of The Legacy Of Heorot by Larry Niven. Not overly impressed, but I'm most of the way through so I want to finish for finishing's sake

103 pages of The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell, which I'm really enjoying.

I'm gonna read a bit more tonight, but that brings my total so far to: 691 pages.

Well done :)!

Eh, I am exhausted after today's 4th of July festivities.  I still managed 100 pages of Born on the 4th of July today.  Its 2:00 but I am still counting pages, as I haven't gone to sleep yet, so it is sort of Saturday still :giggle2: But, I am done for the night... or should I say morning?  :readingtwo:

It's great you still managed 100 pages despite so many festivities :).

Here's my progress for yesterday:

Saturday 04-07-2015

35 mins, 224 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Jolanda, Dochter van de Zwarte Piraat (Jolanda, La Figlia Del Corsaro Nero)

1h, 384 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Avonturen van Koning Arthur (La Avventure di Re Artù)

55 mins, 243 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 8: Fantasia VIII (Ottavo Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

Total: 2h 30 mins, 851 pages

I 'only' managed two and a half books, finishing off Fantasia VIII this morning. I only read for 2 and a half hours yesterday. It was so hot I decided to go swimming instead. I did enjoy that a lot though (as well as my reading) :).

So far I've been enjoying my reading, I hope to read some more later today but we'll see as I've been feeling tired.

So many people participating! :lol:

I read 217 pages of The Last Leaves Falling today, finishing it off. Excellent book, not without flaws, but a beautiful read.

I plan to finish Heorot today and hopefully start a new thriller, maybe Unraveling Oliver.

Total so far: 908 pages. Woo, I've not only beaten my last Readathon count of 727, but I'm gonna break 1000!

Happy reading everyone, I'm really excited about the read-a-thon! :smile2:

BSchultz19, too bad you can't join this time, but have fun on your vacation! :smile2: And I'm echoing Athena's sentiments: you can do one next weekend, and ask around if other people would like to join you! :)

Well I would do one next weekend, but I'm going on a two week vacation starting next saturday  :giggle2:

Here's my progress for yesterday:

Saturday 04-07-2015

35 mins, 224 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Jolanda, Dochter van de Zwarte Piraat (Jolanda, La Figlia Del Corsaro Nero)

1h, 384 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Avonturen van Koning Arthur (La Avventure di Re Artù)

55 mins, 243 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 8: Fantasia VIII (Ottavo Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

Total: 2h 30 mins, 851 pages

I 'only' managed two and a half books, finishing off Fantasia VIII this morning. I only read for 2 and a half hours yesterday. It was so hot I decided to go swimming instead. I did enjoy that a lot though (as well as my reading) :).

So far I've been enjoying my reading, I hope to read some more later today but we'll see as I've been feeling tired.

Good reading day! 

I read 217 pages of The Last Leaves Falling today, finishing it off. Excellent book, not without flaws, but a beautiful read.

I plan to finish Heorot today and hopefully start a new thriller, maybe Unraveling Oliver.

Total so far: 908 pages. Woo, I've not only beaten my last Readathon count of 727, but I'm gonna break 1000!

1000, that's awesome!  :o

Managed a grand total of 0 pages yesterday  :blush2: , though I`m now up to date with the newspapers ( I was behind on 8 days of papers, and it`s paper recycling this week... ).  :smile:

I would say anything counts for reading :readingtwo:  

---

I managed to read a bit more of The Shadow of the Wind but then I got totally distracted by fanfiction for the rest of Sunday  :blush2:  I had a bad cold all weekend and only Harry Potter could make me feel better  :P  

Edited by anisia

Managed to read 3 hours yesterday, and hope to have an afternoon reading today :smile:

x

Yay :)!

x

It's been quite some time since there were this many people participating :). Wow, well done! It'd be awesome if you got to 1000 :).

Managed a grand total of 0 pages yesterday :blush2: , though I`m now up to date with the newspapers ( I was behind on 8 days of papers, and it`s paper recycling this week... ). :smile:

x

Awwww, I hope you had fun with the newspapers though, and it was still reading, even if it wasn't a book :).

Well I would do one next weekend, but I'm going on a two week vacation starting next saturday :giggle2:

x

Haha, I wish you a lot of fun :).

Good reading day!

[...]

---

I managed to read a bit more of The Shadow of the Wind but then I got totally distracted by fanfiction for the rest of Sunday :blush2: I had a bad cold all weekend and only Harry Potter could make me feel better :P

x

Thanks :)! I hope you feel better soon :(. I'm glad you had fun reading some things though :)!

My progress for yesterday:

Sunday 05-07-2015

30 mins, 140 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 8: Fantasia VIII (Ottavo Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

2h 10 mins, 374 + 32 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Kronieken van Fantasia 1: Het Verloren Rijk (Cronache Del Regno Della Fantasia 1: Il Reame Perduto)

2h 5 mins, 343 + 32 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Kronieken van Fantasia 2: De Betoverde Poort (Cronache Del Regno Della Fantasia 2: La Porta Incantata)

Total: 4h 45 mins, 921 pages

I still managed to read for a while, but unfortunately I was so tired in the later afternoon, I couldn't read any more. So it felt to me as if I failed a bit. I didn't think I read that much to be honest, it didn't feel that way. I did enjoy the books though.

Total this read-a-thon: 12h 5 mins, 3336 pages, 11 books read

Overall then I didn't get through all the books I had wanted to read, but I did do quite a bit of reading. I had a lot of fun reading, except those times when I felt really tired (but this isn't the place to discuss that). I was successful in the end though, since I had fun :).

The next read-a-thon will take place in August in principle, though I'm not sure what people will do during their holidays. It should be the 7th, 8th and 9th of August, Friday-Saturday-Sunday, but I don't know if many people will be available? That weekend works well for me I think.

My totals for this readathon:

Mind Games - Teri Terry (finished, didn't start during readathon) - 320 pages

The Last Leaves Falling (complete) - 320 pages

The Legacy of Heorot (complete) - 368 pages

Wayward Pines (partial) - 172 pages

Total pages: 1180

Delighted! :lol:

Managed a grand total of 0 pages yesterday  :blush2: , though I`m now up to date with the newspapers ( I was behind on 8 days of papers, and it`s paper recycling this week... ).  :smile:

:giggle2: but very good work for your part for recycling  :JC_cookies: (and there was no plastic packaging in the 'virtual cookies'!  :giggle2:

I didn't read that much on Sunday, just a few hours in the whole day, but it was an enjoyable few hours, at least :smile: 

Total this read-a-thon: 12h 5 mins, 3336 pages, 11 books read

Yay, you had a successful read-a-thon !!  :e010:

My totals for this readathon:

Mind Games - Teri Terry (finished, didn't start during readathon) - 320 pages

The Last Leaves Falling (complete) - 320 pages

The Legacy of Heorot (complete) - 368 pages

Wayward Pines (partial) - 172 pages

Total pages: 1180

Delighted! :lol:

Another successful reading time  :doowapstart: