Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I will be joining. Except for Saturday night. My favorite hockey team is in the final, so that's a must watch. 

A weekend of reading is exactly what I need to get back on track. I'm very excited  :D I think will be reading Sycamore Row by Grisham. After that, I'm not 100% where I'll go but I do have a couple books checked out from the library. 

Good to have you join us :D! I hope you have fun :):readingtwo:!

Here is my progress from yesterday:

Friday 05-06-2015
1h 5 mins, 129 pages, Ann M. Martin - The BabySitters Club 34: Mary-Anne and Too Many Boys (re-read)
1h, 124 pages, Ann M. Martin - De BabySitters Club 35: Petra en het Spook van Steendam (Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook) (re-read)
2h 15 mins, ~240 pages, Ann M. Martin - The BabySitters Club Super Special 3: Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation
1h 10 mins, 138 pages, A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 48: De Cock en Tranen aan de Leie
Total: 5h 30 mins, 631 pages

Which I'm pretty happy with. I didn't think I was reading for as long as I did. I felt like I was doing a lot of other things too, so I'm pretty pleased with this.

Today I've read:

Saturday 06-06-2015
1h 20 mins, 510 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 6 (re-read)

And then I went to the library and got some more books :D. I'm pretty tired from it now though, so I'm not sure how much more reading I'll get done later today :(. We'll see.

Here's my progress for yesterday:

Saturday 06-06-2015

1h 20 mins, 510 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 6 (re-read)

1h 35 mins, 105 pages, Susan Hatler - Better Date Than Never 10: Date and Dash

20 mins, 128 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 57: Samoerai op Ninjajacht (Il Segreto Dei Tre Samurai)

40 mins, 224 pages, Joe Carrot - Joe Carrot 4: Het Duistere Huis (La Casa Delle Ombre)

Total: 3h 55 mins, 967 pages

Which is allright, I didn't read for the whole day but I went to the library and afterwards I was quite tired so I didn't read as much as I'd hoped. I'm happy I read these four books, though.

I feel pretty tired at the moment, I hope I'll be able to do some more reading later today. I did read for a while in bed this morning, but I haven't yet finished the children's book I started reading this morning (another Stilton book, a longer one this time).

Edited by Athena

I seem to be by myself here :unsure: but I'll post my progress for Sunday anyway (I hope no one minds):

Sunday 07-06-2015

2h 25 min, 381 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Kronieken van Fantasia 5: Het Versteende Eiland (L'isola Pietrificata)

50 mins, 145 pages, Prunella Bat - Milla & Sugar 3: Eens een Heks Altijd een Heks (C'è Chi Nasce Strega)

50 mins, 145 pages, Prunella Bat - Milla & Sugar 4: De Zilveren Dame (La Dama d'Argento)

Total: 4h 5 mins, 671 pages

I was very distracted yesterday and I read a lot slower than usually. I also didn't feel quite in the mood because I was feeling very anxious for part of the day (I'm not sure why).

My overall progress:

Total this read-a-thon: 13h 30 mins, 1999 pages, 11 books read

Overall then the statistics say I did quite well. I just feel I didn't read that much, I felt very distracted a lot of the time, slow, tired and not in the mood. But the statistics say I did do quite a bit of reading so :shrug:. I think it didn't help matters that I really felt like I should catalogue and organise my library loans first, rather than "just grabbing a book". Anyway, overall then not the most satisfying read-a-thon for me, but I did like the books I read.

Did anyone else do much reading in the weekend, or was it just me? Noll? BSchultz? Pixie?

The next read-a-thon will, in principle, take place on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of July (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). I guess it might be the start of holidays for some, or almost?

Congrats on all your reading, Gaia !  :D

I finished Nora Ephron`s I Feel about my neck ( 90 pages ) and finished most of Bee Ridgway`s The River of No Return  ( 190 pages ) on Friday. 

Saturday, I read the last 43 pages of The River of No Return and all of Maddy Hunter`s Alpine for you ( 272 pages ) .

Sunday, I read  Ali Brandon`s A Novel Way to Die  ( 292 pages ). 

887 pages in  total, very pleased with that.  :smile:

Wow- great progress!  I'll definitely be in for July.  The 4th is Independence Day and we usually have a lot with that, but I'll be reading anyway.

I sort of had a mini read a thon.  There was no way my jet lag was going to let me read Friday or Saturday, but yesterday, Sunday, I read 140 pages of Megan Abbott's The Fever, stopping at 42%- whew!

The next read-a-thon will, in principle, take place on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of July (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). I guess it might be the start of holidays for some, or almost?

I'm going to try so hard to be part of the next read-a-thon! I've already put it in my calendar and everything, so hopefully I won't get distracted with other stuff or book work for that weekend.

Congrats on all your reading, Gaia !  :D

I finished Nora Ephron`s I Feel about my neck ( 90 pages ) and finished most of Bee Ridgway`s The River of No Return  ( 190 pages ) on Friday. 

Saturday, I read the last 43 pages of The River of No Return and all of Maddy Hunter`s Alpine for you ( 272 pages ) .

Sunday, I read  Ali Brandon`s A Novel Way to Die  ( 292 pages ). 

887 pages in  total, very pleased with that.  :smile:

Thanks, Sarah! Congrats on your reading too :D!

Wow- great progress!  I'll definitely be in for July.  The 4th is Independence Day and we usually have a lot with that, but I'll be reading anyway.

I sort of had a mini read a thon.  There was no way my jet lag was going to let me read Friday or Saturday, but yesterday, Sunday, I read 140 pages of Megan Abbott's The Fever, stopping at 42%- whew!

Great to hear you'll be able to join next time! I did think the 4th was an important date for people from the US :).

I'm glad you got some nice reading done on Sunday :)

I'm going to try so hard to be part of the next read-a-thon! I've already put it in my calendar and everything, so hopefully I won't get distracted with other stuff or book work for that weekend.

I hope you'll be able to be a part of it :)!

Didn't get a whole lot done during the past read-a-thon. Probably around 100 pages. Better than nothing though. 

Unfortunately won't be able to participate in the next one. I will be in Chicago with family. 

Didn't get a whole lot done during the past read-a-thon. Probably around 100 pages. Better than nothing though. 

Unfortunately won't be able to participate in the next one. I will be in Chicago with family.

I'm glad you read a bit, it's indeed better than nothing :).

I'm sorry you won't be able to participate next time. I wish you lots of fun with your family though :).

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow :cows:! The upcoming read-a-thon snuck up on me! I didn't fully realise it was the upcoming weekend already until just now. I thought there was more time (actually, I kind of wanted there to be more time, because a few days after the read-a-thon, I have to go to the dentist :hide:). Is anyone joining me for the read-a-thon? I will be reading a couple of my own books (the usual, Baby-sitter's Club, Baantjer, Donald Duck) and then I'll move onto the shorter library loans I have (list in my thread). Anyone is free to read whichever book or books they like. I've not felt a lot like reading recently, so I hope that will be a bit better before the read-a-thon starts (I want to at least finish my current book before then), otherwise I don't know how much reading I'll do during the read-a-thon.

Yikes about the dentist! :(  :empathy:   It's good that read-a-thon is before it, because that may help you take your mind off the dentist, Athena! At least I hope it will..

I'd like to join in as much as I can. I'm probably meeting a few friends this weekend but otherwise I should be able to dedicate some time to reading :yes:  :readingtwo:

Holy cow :cows:! The upcoming read-a-thon snuck up on me! I didn't fully realise it was the upcoming weekend already until just now. I thought there was more time (actually, I kind of wanted there to be more time, because a few days after the read-a-thon, I have to go to the dentist :hide:). Is anyone joining me for the read-a-thon? I will be reading a couple of my own books (the usual, Baby-sitter's Club, Baantjer, Donald Duck) and then I'll move onto the shorter library loans I have (list in my thread). Anyone is free to read whichever book or books they like. I've not felt a lot like reading recently, so I hope that will be a bit better before the read-a-thon starts (I want to at least finish my current book before then), otherwise I don't know how much reading I'll do during the read-a-thon.

I haven't been able to take part in a read-a-thon in while now and I have missed taking part. I'm definitely going to join in this weekend, I've got a huge pile of books waiting to be read and the read-a-thon will be a good incentive to start going through them :readingtwo:

I will be taking part, I found some short novels to read, one will be Helen Keller's The Story of My Life and Jodi Picoult short story called Where There's Smoke.  And maybe Full House by Maeve Binchy.

Ahhh. I will join in as much as possible, because I have a ton of books I want to get through, but I am going to be away for the weekend so I don't know how much time I'll have!

I hope you have fun wherever you're going, and with your books of course :)!

Yikes about the dentist! :(  :empathy:   It's good that read-a-thon is before it, because that may help you take your mind off the dentist, Athena! At least I hope it will..

I'd like to join in as much as I can. I'm probably meeting a few friends this weekend but otherwise I should be able to dedicate some time to reading :yes:  :readingtwo:

Thanks :friends3:. I hope it will. I hope you have fun reading this weekend :)!

I haven't been able to take part in a read-a-thon in while now and I have missed taking part. I'm definitely going to join in this weekend, I've got a huge pile of books waiting to be read and the read-a-thon will be a good incentive to start going through them :readingtwo:

I hope you have a lot of fun :)!

I will be taking part, I found some short novels to read, one will be Helen Keller's The Story of My Life and Jodi Picoult short story called Where There's Smoke.  And maybe Full House by Maeve Binchy.

I've got Where There's Smoke on my TBR, but I haven't read it yet (it is related to a character from Leaving Time, so I want to read the short story first but then sooner after the book, and I don't want to do that yet). I read Full House, I thought that was nice :).

I'm happy to have so many of you join me :readingtwo:!

I've got Where There's Smoke on my TBR, but I haven't read it yet (it is related to a character from Leaving Time, so I want to read the short story first but then sooner after the book, and I don't want to do that yet).

Oh darn :banghead: It didn't say that- grrrr.  I guess I will have to find something else to read.  The last short story we read by her I didn't think all that great, so maybe she is better at long form anyway.