Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great going, everyone! :) Chesilbeach, I hope the neighbors will keep it down for the rest of the weekend :empathy:  Who are they to disturb read-a-thon?! :theboss:

I haven't kept log of the time spent on reading, but yesterday I read 216 pages of The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver, thus finishing the novel.

This sounds great! I've heard about read-a-thons on youtube/booktube before and I'd really like to join in with the next one in june. This weekend is full of work unfortunately, so I won't have so much time to read.

This sounds great! I've heard about read-a-thons on youtube/booktube before and I'd really like to join in with the next one in june. This weekend is full of work unfortunately, so I won't have so much time to read.

We have these every month, it's always the first 'full' weekend of the month. So next time will be 6-8.6. Remember to tune in then! :)

Some nice progress by everyone. :smile:

Close To The Bone - Stuart Macbride RR 452 Pages, 3rd May -

Saturday

1 Hour to 65

1 Hour to 130

1 Hour to 186

1/2 Hour to 217

Sunday

2 Hours to 309

1 Hour 20 to 386

1 Hour to 452

1 Hour 10 to 542

Total 9 Hours

Edited by dex

Great progress, Anisia, Chesilbeach, Frankie, Dex and LittleW :)!

x

Currently reading "Life, the Universe, and Everything" by Douglas Adams.

x

How are you enjoying this? I quite liked the series.

x

You're most welcome to join in June :)!

We have these every month, it's always the first 'full' weekend of the month. So next time will be 6-8.6. Remember to tune in then! :)

x

Frankie's right, it'll be Friday Saturday Sunday 6th 7th 8th of June.

I'll post my progress tomorrow. I've finished Harry Mulisch - Twee Vrouwen and read a short YA book and started on a book about philosophy and Harry Potter. I've not really been feeling up for reading, I did enjoy reading it in those moments where I was able to.

I'll post my progress tomorrow. I've finished Harry Mulisch - Twee Vrouwen and read a short YA book and started on a book about philosophy and Harry Potter. I've not really been feeling up for reading, I did enjoy reading it in those moments where I was able to. 

Does that title mean two women?

Yes and yes, it was very interesting :). I'll be writing a review after the read-a-thon, but I quite enjoyed the book. There were unexpected plot twists and there's a lot of layers to the main character.

Just finished Murder on the Orient Express.  266 pages.  It was really good!  I'd read several Christie before, including starting this one, and just didn't care for them.  I'm glad I gave it another try.

She's got a certain style of writing, which I can take only one at a time, but it's not like it isn't great.

Unfortunately, despite making plans to do nothing but read this weekend, I have had to pull out of the read-a-thon due to last minute plans.  I haven't gotten ANY reading done at all this weekend and don't see that changing anytime soon.

I do, however, hope to participate next month.

Unfortunately, despite making plans to do nothing but read this weekend, I have had to pull out of the read-a-thon due to last minute plans.  I haven't gotten ANY reading done at all this weekend and don't see that changing anytime soon.

I do, however, hope to participate next month.

:(  That's too bad!  Maybe you can squeeze in a chapter or two here and there.  That's how it was for me last month.

I'm starting The Narnian, a biography on C.S. Lewis.

I read about 200+ pages of Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible Friday and today.  It's a biggie- almost 600pages.  I'll probably read some more tonight, finish it either tonight or tomorrow.

Saturday 3rd May 
Strands: A Year of Disccoveries on the Beach by Jean Sprackland 
20 minutes - pages 179-201
12 minutes - pages 202-214
20 minutes - pages 215-237 (finished)

Tout Sweet: Hanging up my High Heels for a New Life in France by Karen Wheeler
56 minutes - pages 1-50
67 minutes - pages 50-126
174 minutes - pages 127-311(finished)

Finished Strands early in the morning - which is now, by far, my best book of the year so far - but didn't have too much time during the day, but there wasn't much on television yesterday evening, so had a lovely reading session instead, and finished Tout Sweet as well, which was just a good, fun read.  Now off to decide what to read today!

My Totals for this Readathon are:-

13 1/2 Hours for 720 Pages, 53 pages per hour

Edited by dex

I think I'm just about done for the day, so here's my progress:

Sunday 4th May 
Death of a Cad by M. C. Beaton
43 minutes - page 1-61
108 minutes - pages 62-288 (finished)

Sea and Shore Cornwall: Common and Curious Findings by Lisa Wollett 
22 minutes - pages 1-41
32 minutes - pages 42-79
73 minutes - pages 80-144 (finished)

Death of a Cad is the second Hamish Macbeth book, and was an entertaining, slightly comic, murder mystery, while Sea and Shore is a cross between an art and reference book, detailing the nature of the beaches and oceans around Cornwall, and a perfect accompaniment to the book I read yesterday, Strands.

Finished The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.  550 pages and I read... 275 in 3 days.  I really need to start keeping how long I read during these marathons!

Oh and I read about 15 pages of Jack Reacher 14, 61 Hours in about 20 mins.

Edited by Anna Begins

I read 271 pages of Praying for Sleep by Jeffery Deaver yesterday, and finished the novel. What a good one it was!

All in all I think this was my most productive read-a-thon so far :smile2: I read 647 pages in total, finishing one book I'd started earlier this week and starting and finishing one whole book: The Blue Nowhere and Praying for Sleep by Jeffery Deaver.

And I think this was just what I needed after a stressful week, and before the read-a-thon I was 4 books behind on my Goodreads reading challenge for the year, now I'm behind by 2 books only. Result! :D