Give me some perspective please... :)

Lydia

Hi guys,

I built an amazing list of books for my wish list/must read list. 

I was wondering if you could help me find books that have more than one point of view. I really like books that offer different views of an event.

anyway let me know what stories you have read and loved that have multiple perspectives.. 

Thanks guys

hope your having an amazing day.

Have you read The Wide Sargasso Sea, by Jean Rhys? It's inspired by Charlotte Bronte's Jayne Eyre – it is the story of Mrs Rochester before she came to England from Jamaica and became the mad woman in the attic. It has two points of view.  Parts one and three are from her point of view, and the second part is from Mr Rochester’s point of view. In giving Antoinette the voice that she didn’t have in Jayne Eyre (and by setting it alongside Rochester’s very different voice), I think Jean Rhys created one of the most powerful and spellbinding stories in twentieth century fiction. It is one of my favourite books.

Edited by Brook

Have you read The Wide Sargasso Sea, by Jean Rhys? It's inspired by Charlotte Bronte's Jayne Eyre – it is the story of Mrs Rochester before she came to England from Jamaica and became the mad woman in the attic. It has two points of view.  Parts one and three are from her point of view, and the second part is from Mr Rochester’s point of view. In giving Antoinette the voice that she didn’t have in Jayne Eyre (and by setting it alongside Rochester’s very different voice), I think Jean Rhys created one of the most powerful and spellbinding stories in twentieth century fiction. It is one of my favourite books.

OMG!!!! I LOVE JAYNE EYRE! This might be the most amazing book I've yet to read. No don't worry about the fantasy/young adult aspect. I love reading all books, if it's great then I'm in! Thank you so much. I have to find this BOOK!

heheh

Atm I'm reading a multiple perspective book called Wrath of Angels, by Charlie Parker. Its scares me at night. hehe. It's that good. Thank you for the contribution, I really want to know more about the wife before she became mad. WOW! thank you once again. 

Edited by Lydia

• 1 month later...

I'd recommend Stephen King. He uses similar approach in almost all of his books. In smaller scale probably but he likes to stretch minutes of time into tenths of pages describing thoughts/feelings for each of his characters and their own understanding about certain events in the book. I won't give exact names but you may check something from his early years.

Edited by hpgenie

• 4 weeks later...

try breaking dawn by Stephenie Meyer.

I was going to say the same thing! 

A View From Saturday has many different points of view, but that might be a little young for you. I read it in 8th grade I think. 

Edited by BSchultz19

Wonder by RJ Palacio is a very good book for multiple point of views. It's almost a children's book but I'd say it was very good reading for adult's, well I really enjoyed it and it has 5 or 6 different people's point of view on the same story/issues.