Bibliomaniac

Artemis

Hello, from North Wales

As a new member of the Book Club Forum I am looking forward to finding some new titles to read and hearing about what other forum members have to say about them.

It's also my first time out signing up to a forum of any kind - getting used to this on-line culture has become a bit of a necessity; since I now live in a remote village in North Wales, and seriously miss my old book club in the United Arab Emirates where I used to live.

Dan Brown's "Enigma" is on my wish list, which will be a welcome respite from my current read: "The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year"!

Hello Artemis and welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here!

Are you not getting along with The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year, then? :D I'm sorry to hear that. I've enjoyed pretty much every book I've read by Sue Townsend... But I find that the Adrian Mole books are by far her best :)

Hey Artemis, welcome to BCF. :welcome2:

Are you a fan of the Artemis Fowl books or is that your actual name? Just curious, welcome anyway! :D

Hi Artemis, I hope you enjoy the forum - I live in rural Scotland and really felt I was missing out by not being anywhere near a book group I could join, and I love it here!  :)

Well, thank you for all the nice welcome messages; I really did not expect to hear from anyone quite so soon!

Hey Artemis, welcome to BCF. :welcome2:

Are you a fan of the Artemis Fowl books or is that your actual name? Just curious, welcome anyway! :D

I have a particular interest in mythology and my own name is closely associated with that of Artemis, a Greek goddess.

Hello Artemis and welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here!

Are you not getting along with The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year, then? :D I'm sorry to hear that. I've enjoyed pretty much every book I've read by Sue Townsend... But I find that the Adrian Mole books are by far her best :)

As for The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year, I'm hoping it will raise a laugh before I get to the end of it, just as its reviews suggest it should do...

Hey Artemis (I think we have something in common :D)..

Welcome here :). I recently bought two Dan Brown books, if I like them I might have to put Enigma on my wishlist.

I hope you like the forum, the people here are very friendly and my wishlist has grown quite a bit from all the nice book recommendations from everyone here.

As for The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year, I'm hoping it will raise a laugh before I get to the end of it, just as its reviews suggest it should do...

Well, if it fails to raise a laugh, maybe you can at least laugh cynically at the reviews... :D

Hey Artemis (I think we have something in common :D)..

Welcome here :). I recently bought two Dan Brown books, if I like them I might have to put Enigma on my wishlist.

I hope you like the forum, the people here are very friendly and my wishlist has grown quite a bit from all the nice book recommendations from everyone here.

Thank you, I'm sure this forum will fill the void left by having to leave my previous book club!

At last...it's nearly over! The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year will be consigned to the back of a very dark cupboard. Just arrived  this morning, something infinitely more exciting to read: In Borrowed Light Barbara and Stephanie Keating (Blood Sisters - wonderful read!)