Help recognise the song?

frankie

Hello dear peeps!

I have a musical conundrum. I was introduced to the band Riverside maybe a year ago, and it's amazing. (If you're into prog rock, give it a go, I would heartily recommend the band :smile2:)

Anyhow: In the beginning of the first song on their album Out of Myself, you can hear someone switching from one radio channel to another, and you can hear a short clip of Hotel California by Eagles. Then you can hear some band/artist singing 'everywhere' (or maybe even 'every breath', as was suggested by someone who's been trying to locate the song for me). In my opinion, it sounds like a familiar song, maybe from the 80s or 90s, but I have been unable to find out who it is or what band it is. I've tried googling, I've tried youtubing, and yesterday I even resorted to asking this same question on a FB group where people listen to music from the 80s and 90s.

Here's the link to the song in question. Is there anyone on here who recognises the song or the band? The part I'm talking about is at 0.20 minutes or so.

(And no, there's really no significant reason for me to know this, but it's been really bugging me for about a year or so, and I'd like to finally get to the bottom of this so I can move on with my life :D)

I would appreciate your help and thanks to anyone who read this far and listens to the song.

I think you are right with an 80's or 90's band. We thought maybe the UK band Tears For Fears, but we can't pin down the lyric......Mmmmmmmm...We will keep with it. It's just a matter of elimination! :D

I never listened to Tears for Fears as a kid back in the day, but I have to say that yesterday when I was going through bands and songs on Youtube, I came across with some song of theirs and did think the vocalist sounds similar. I didn't want to say anything about it on here so as to not influence subconsciously you people's imaginations and thoughts of what it might be :D So yes, we might be getting closer to solving the mystery....!!

(I've been listening to Tears for Fears on Spotify for an hour now, but so far no luck! But what's great is that I've already come across with a few really great songs I liked as a kid, not knowing what band was behind them back in the day! Oh and I discovered Sowing the Seeds of Love, and it was such a familiar song, and I started thinking oh hell, now I have two problems: the original problem and the problem of finding out where I have heard StSoL in the first place. Luckily it came to me soon: I think I first heard it in the movie Sliding Doors. Phew :D)

Edited by frankie

Like I mentioned earlier, I've been trying googling the song and the band, and on one website they did talk about the beginning of the song and mentioned Hotel California but didn't mention the other band.

But now I googled 'Tears for Tears' and Riverside, and I found this on Riverside's official website. It's an introduction to one of their band members, Piotr Kozieradzki, talking about his musical influences:

"FAVOURITE ALBUMS

There are a lot of them, but there is not a single one that I
would place above the other, except for Marillion's "Brave" which is
unrivalled. I like listening to old American thrash metal (Slayer,
Nuclear Assault, Exodus, Dark Angel), I like Venom, Celtic Frost and
Bathory, I love listening to things like Delerium or progmetal bands
like Dream Theater, Pain Of Salvation or Porcupine Tree, and to quite
different sounds of Tears For Fears, Seal or Pink Floyd. It would be
hard to choose just 5 or 10 records. I can find something interesting in
almost every kind of music, and this is my problem with favourite
albums. There are too many of them. I will name just a few that first
come to my mind.

• Marillion - Fugazi
  • Coroner - Grin
  • Porcupine Tree - Signify
  • Tears For Fears - Elemental
  • Venom - Black Metal
  • Delerium - Karma
  • Marillion - Misplaced Childhood
  • Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
  • Black Sabbath - Tyr
  • Morbid Angel - Covenant"

I know, a very very small snippet :D It might end up doing me in eventually....

Did you mean One Small Day? I couldn't find a song called All in One Day...? I'm just listening to One Small Day and I don't think this is it.... although I can hear how one might think it is! :)

Someone on the FB group posted this video and said this ought to be it, 'everywhere' comes at 1.18 or so.

I think that's the real deal! But I'm astounded that it's a song I've never heard before, I honestly thought it would be some very familiar song in the end. :shrug: