Books that made you cry

Fiona

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Despite hardly every crying at films (except Moulin Rouge which gets me every time...), and not even shedding a tear at my wedding, there are three books which have made me howl. In order of the amount of tears shed:

3) Goodnight, Beautiful - Dorothy Koomson (more of a lump in the throat)

2) Pay It Forward - Catherine Ryan Hyde (On a train... very embarrassing)

1) My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult (Cried inconsolably for hours...)

I've spent most of my saturday crying while finishing The time traveler's wife. It really get sad to the ending

I was just about to say this book Rosalind :lol: So good but so sad!

I try not to get books that I think may make me cry.

But the only book that I can think of at the moment is Skin Privilege by Karin Slaughter. Becuase I had grown to love the characters so much. Other than that I can't think of another book that has.

I am sure there will be books that will be posted on this thread that I will remember and would have made me cry.

I recently finished a book called Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and I don't think I have ever cried harder because of a story. It was a wonderful book (all of Kristin's are if you have never read hers.)

Another great tear jerker is Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper.

I don't think I've ever full on cried at the end of a novel. At the end of His Dark Materials I remember stifling a few tears. That was a very emotional ending for me, without giving too much away to those that haven't read them.

I don't think I've ever full on cried at the end of a novel. At the end of His Dark Materials I remember stifling a few tears. That was a very emotional ending for me, without giving too much away to those that haven't read them.

Oh the ending to that really was sad

the idea of never seeing someone again that you love, especially as they only discovered it as well :D

Finished The Time Traveler's Wife today, another emotional ending.

Oh the ending to that really was sad

the idea of never seeing someone again that you love, especially as they only discovered it as well :D

Oh I know it was awfully sad. You could just imagine that happening, you'd be distraught.

Something so special just ended so quickly.

Oh that was so sad.

It was the point when they realised that they couldn't actually be together

that made me teary eyed :D

The Book of Lost Things made me cry :out:

I am a man, so I didn't bust out sobbing, :lol:, but the last chapter really got me. I read the very last line of the book and then I had to put on sports highlights to man up :roll:

I haven't cried for years, but that book was beautifully written. Bravo John Connolly. :D

The Book of Lost Things made me cry :roll:

I am a man, so I didn't bust out sobbing, :out:, but the last chapter really got me. I read the very last line of the book and then I had to put on sports highlights to man up :lol:

I haven't cried for years, but that book was beautifully written. Bravo John Connolly. :lol:

I might have to check that one out. I've heard the title a few times elsewhere. :D

I haven't cried for years, but that book was beautifully written. Bravo John Connolly.
Sounds good! Any day now I should be getting a signed first edition (thank you, Oxfam) of his "Nocturnes" in the mail; if I enjoy that then "The Book of Lost Things" is definitely going on my wishlisg.

Sounds good! Any day now I should be getting a signed first edition (thank you, Oxfam) of his "Nocturnes" in the mail; if I enjoy that then "The Book of Lost Things" is definitely going on my wishlisg.

Wow that sounds awesome! I really need to read more of his books. He is an amazing writer :D

The opening chapters ofElizabeth Noble's - Things I Want my Daughter's to know are real tear jerkers. Maybe it's because it is still well within the year that my Dad died but it seemed to hit a raw nerve

I was the same during the early chapters, and my Mum died 6 years ago!

off the top of my head

deathly hallows

half blood prince

boy in the striped pajamas

change of heart

the reader

revolutionary road

great gatsby

Loads probably. If I get really 'pulled into' the story then I get quite emotional :lol: