What's up in May?

chesilbeach

Timstar, glad to read that our F-I-L is doing ok.   :smile:

Great news risingdawn. I can now uncross my fingers! :P

Athena, I hope you get the support you need, and am glad your is on your side. :smile:

Cookie, that sounds awful for you. Do the doctors know what caused it to happen, or was it a condition waiting to reveal itself? :empathy:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been around lately as I went blind in one eye. The hospital have said it's an enlarged optic nerve and I have to wait and see how much sight I will get back. Fortunately I'm now over the worst of the headaches and I'm not going to let only having one working eye stop me from reading!

That's horrible! I really hope you get your full vision back. Well done for staying optimistic  :empathy:

Glad  to report My Father-in-Law is doing really well, The Doctor's are not sure what happened, he had a very high troponin level which means it was a heart attack but it hasn't affected his heart function in anyway. They think the attack may have cleared any blockages  :blush2: He needs to go to Oxford for an Angiogram just to make sure but we're very relieved.

Thanks for all the good wishes, I will pass them on  :flowers2:

Glad to hear your FIL is doing well Timstar, must have been very scary for everyone at the time..

Cookie, I hope you are back to full sight soon, it must be so hard coping, I don't suppose you are able to drive?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

I am with Steve off to walk with wolves this afternoon at the Wolf Conservation Trust in Reading (UK). I can't wait!!! :D. Then Steve and I are going to do a little shopping, have some dinner and maybe even a film as my mum and dad are kindly kid and dog sitting! :) :)

Edited by chaliepud

Had my job interview yesterday. It went really well. Was phoned about an hour ago asking for a work trial on Tuesday :D

Fantastic!  Congratulations. :D

I only managed to stay a couple of hours, my father-in-law had a heart attack so we had to rush back to MK, luckily I was sober enough to drive and he is doing ok now.

Very sorry to hear of your FIL's heart attack, but very glad it turned out better than expected.  Scary.

x

Awww, I hope he feels better soon. 

xx

That's great news :)! I hope it goes well.

For my own news, it is possible I may be able to graduate in July-August after all. We'll have to see what the committee says. The professor is willing to do a good word for me, as is hopefully the study advisor. Since he's known me for quite some years, he knows I'm a hard-working committed student and will hopefully be positive about me too.

That is good of the professor and the study advisor.  Best of luck with it all Athena. :flowers2:

I haven't been around lately as I went blind in one eye. The hospital have said it's an enlarged optic nerve and I have to wait and see how much sight I will get back. Fortunately I'm now over the worst of the headaches and I'm not going to let only having one working eye stop me from reading!

Cookie, that's awful, and more than scary! 

Attitude is so important, and yours is wonderfully positive!

Sending healing vibes to you. :friends3:

Mothers Day in Sweden today. I have been such a good daughter this week!! I prepared their balcony for summer with the floor tiles and all, I cleaned all windows, vaccuumed, dusted, washed their clothes, made desserts, and of course gave mom a gift. 

Now....... How in the world will I find the energy to do all these things in my own home??? 

Had a really good weekend. My Dad and his girlfriend came down and on Saturday we went on a massive wheel (a bit like the London Eye). That was fun. It stopped at the top and where it was windy it was rocking so I got a bit motion sick. :( And we walked along the Hoe/Barbican. Went swimming and had a meal at a mediterranean restaurant. And yesterday we took a trip to Paignton. Car broke down as soon as we got there so we sat on a bench for over an hour waiting for the RAC. Got that fixed and then walked along the beach and had an ice cream and went on a steam train to Kingswear. :D

It has been a working weekend for me - I have next weekend off though - 3 days in a row. I didn't mind that much, as today at least was double time, and although the sun has been out, it's not as warm as it looks. I have still managed to get a fair bit of reading done anyway.

Quiet weekend around here, mostly sunshine and hot temps.  Summer is here, for sure. 

My back seems to have finally straightened out for the most part.  Still a bit tender and need the back brace to do anything much.  But...I'll take it! :D

Did a little shopping today.  Bought some earrings to match a long necklace I already have, and a couple of books.

Had my work trial this morning. Was only for an hour which surprised me a bit. Followed the store manager around for the day and got told about the warehouse out the back and how to stock the shelves and then helped her to stock them for the hour. I should hear back soon on whether I got the job or not. :)

I've quit my job today. I am basically fed up of all the rubbish i keep getting thrown at me from my boss. He treats me like a slave and makes me do all of his personal stuff that is not part of my job to do. I'm also fed up of the constant sexual inuendos and mental abuse that i have been getting so I've quit. I dont know yet how I'm going to cope money wise but I just cant stick another day in that place.

Good luck risingdawn.  Sounds great. :cool:

Oh, Laura!  Sorry that has happened.  Is there a Board or something to which you can report him and the company?  That should not be allowed, there are laws now, just for that miserable situation. 

I've quit my job today. I am basically fed up of all the rubbish i keep getting thrown at me from my boss. He treats me like a slave and makes me do all of his personal stuff that is not part of my job to do. I'm also fed up of the constant sexual inuendos and mental abuse that i have been getting so I've quit. I dont know yet how I'm going to cope money wise but I just cant stick another day in that place.

Sorry you no longer have a job. But when something like that happens you gotta do something. I hope you find a new job soon!

Good luck risingdawn.  Sounds great. :cool:

thank you! Hope I hear from them soon. :)

After 10 weeks of problem after problem after problem, I thought I was going to finally get paid today.

But it comes down to a choice between being emergency taxed today, and waiting til my tax credits cert arrives friday and avoiding emergency tax.

The fact that I have been living off nothing but borrowed money for two weeks and have no money for food aside, the obvious choice is waiting til Friday. But man, I'm hungry and I thought I was going to get paid today. So that sucks.

Two more days.

Timstar, so glad your FIL is home with the stent...they are wonderful things! 

Noll, what a miserable situation.  So sorry you're going through this!  Miserable sodden company.