What's up in May?

chesilbeach

I've quit my job today. I am basically fed up of all the rubbish i keep getting thrown at me from my boss. He treats me like a slave and makes me do all of his personal stuff that is not part of my job to do. I'm also fed up of the constant sexual inuendos and mental abuse that i have been getting so I've quit. I dont know yet how I'm going to cope money wise but I just cant stick another day in that place.

No money in the world is worth abuse. Can you report him to the police for that? If nothing comes of it, fine, but at least it's been reported - and if it happens again, then maybe something happens? 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you were my daughter Emelee!! How lovely you are to do all those things for your Mum. :)

Well, she does soooo much for me that I feel good about helping her in return. She's got so much to do at work and with the dog, and dad isn't the best helper....... 

Good luck risingdawn.  Sounds great. :cool:

Oh, Laura!  Sorry that has happened.  Is there a Board or something to which you can report him and the company?  That should not be allowed, there are laws now, just for that miserable situation. 

Laura, that doesn't sound good at all!  Might be worth a trip to the citizens advice bureau to get some advice. :(

Awww poor you Laura! I hope you feel better soon and that you find a nicer, better job, you definately deserve to be treated better (ie. with respect). :hug:

Gosh Laura, that's an awful situation for you, so sorry you feel that this is your only option.  I agree with chaliepud about trying the Citizens Advice Bureau to see if there are any other avenues open.

Sorry you no longer have a job. But when something like that happens you gotta do something. I hope you find a new job soon!

thank you! Hope I hear from them soon. :)

Hope you find something better soon Laura!

Glad to report Father-in-Law has had a coronary stent and is doing well, he was discharged on Monday and is glad to be back home.

No money in the world is worth abuse. Can you report him to the police for that? If nothing comes of it, fine, but at least it's been reported - and if it happens again, then maybe something happens? 

Sorry about the job Laura :(

Nollaig, i'd have you over for dinner (and send you off with leftovers) if I could :(

Thank you so much everyone it means a lot :) I've spent the day getting advice about the situation and have filled an offical letter of complaint to the Head Office of the company. I'm not holding out too much hope as the senior management all know what he is like and even have joined in with the name calling etc. Still if the company dont do anything to rectify the situation I am going to take it further for the sole purpose that i dont want it to happen to anyone else.

I've also applied for about 20 jobs so fingers crossed i might get somewhere with one of them!

I am thinking about taking a sabbatical from the forum for a while, haven't decided yet.

old age getting to me. :)

Don't believe a word of it!! If that's what you feel you really need to do Muggles, I won't try to further talk you out of it, but you'll be missed   :(  :friends0:

I am thinking about taking a sabbatical from the forum for a while, haven't decided yet.

old age getting to me. :)

I hope you're not serious muggle. We have to keep the oldster section going! btw, Peder says so too, and Hello! :D

Good for you, Laura!!! I wish more people would report these things. No matter if it solves the situation or not, it is at least about taking a stand! 

Good luck with all of this Laura, a horrible situation to be in. :smile:   

Thank you. I sent my letter off last night to my boss and if i dont get any answers i will be sending it up higher! I'm actually quite angry now as others in the company knew it was going on but did nothing about it. I dont ever want them to be able to do it to anyone else!

Good luck with all of this Laura, a horrible situation to be in. :smile:   

Muggle Not. Big, big hugs whatever you decide. As Miss Popsicle says, "you'll be missed". :flowers2:

Miss Popsicle? Oh, you mean "bony elbows". Naw, bony elbows will probably open the door for me. :)....hehe, only kidding.

pontalba - thanks for the kind words

Athena - same for you. thanks for the thoughts.

Sofia - you will only miss "razzing" me about UConn. :) btw, I may try another Joe Hill book.

Miss Popsicle? Oh, you mean "bony elbows". Naw, bony elbows will probably open the door for me. :)....hehe, only kidding.

pontalba - thanks for the kind words

Athena - same for you. thanks for the thoughts.

Sofia - you will only miss "razzing" me about UConn. :) btw, I may try another Joe Hill book.

Me??  I'm Shocked!!  :o  which Joe Hill have you read btw?

Two words ....POT, KETTLE !! (just who's the one who keeps jabbing me in the ribs to hurry up with my reading?? I have bruises to prove it, I tell you!! :harhar: )

It's the weekend and I have a stinky rotten cold, so am feeling sorry for myself. I also have a very sore and watery right eye, which has been bugging me for about 6 months now. I finally went to the Doctor about it on Tuesday and he seems to think it's a blocked tear duct, so has referred me to eye clinic at the local hospital. I hope it isn't that as if it is they have to insert something into the eye to unblock it. They will have to strap me down and knock me out before I will let them do that ! :blush2: At least the sun is out though. :smile:       

It's the last day of May and I finally found the time to visit again. We are in the hold of redecorating our living room. Hubby decided we needed new doors (three) and new frames. Replacing metal ones with wooden ones. Which will be lovely once they are installed and painted. Then we have to paint the walls. Then the hallway. That should keep us busy for a few weeks.

I'm sorry to read about the troubles others are having. I wish everyone well.