What's up in May?

chesilbeach

Wow Pontalba that is amazing.

Not much happening here, my elbow is slowly improving just have a dull ache now until I try and move it too much!  Work have been very accommodating, I have a couple of minnions to do my fetching and carrying :D and quite a few colleagues who keep offering to make my brews :smile:  I am lucky to have such wonderful work friends.  I am mainly on desk duties and no helpline calls which is a blessing and my one handed typing speed is getting better by the day :giggle:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Yep, Pontalba, that's MN for you! I'm driving past the very same place in this video when I go to the cabin later this week. I'm kind of a little freaked out!

(null)

Whoa!  be careful. :D 

This is not anywhere near me, but I hadda post this.  Incredible.  Absolutely incredible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ice-wave-comes-ashore-in-minnesota/2013/05/12/336b9f6d-52bd-48c6-a2b4-d5399b4b45c5_video.html?wpisrc=nl_most

Ice from a lake in Minnesota moved, crept up to houses.....ya gotta see it to believe it.  Instead of the creature from the black lagoon, we have here, the icy creature from the ice lake.....gak!

Wow!! That is scary and amazing. I have never seen anything like that.

Congrats, Poppy!
Good wishes on your recovery, madcow!

Hope the holiday is still good, itsmeagain!

I am currently in progress of writing my final fictional text for my course in creative writing. One day of school left before the looong summer off. September is far away. But I still have to work on 2 unfinished bachelor theses until then. The hardest part is really the corrections after inputs from teachers & fellow essey writers. When first handing it in, you feel 85% done with the essay. When you get all inputs, you suddenly feel only 25% done. Comments on every page. Feels like starting over. Hate it.

It's usually about 10 degrees cooler up there (about 150 miles) than it is down here in the Twin Cities, Muggle. So, 60s and some 70s mostly. Apparently the last of the ice just left our lake only 1 week ago! What a crazy spring.

This past weekend was the fishing opener and it was quite the chilly one! :lol:

We were looking forward to going to the huge Louisiana Philharmonic Symphony annual book sale this weekend.  It started Thursday actually.  So, what happened?  /steaming/  I threw my back out and had to go to the chiropractor to be adjusted.  Its still sore enough that I can't stand any length of time, and walking is not fun.   I'm sitting here with ice on my lower back to ease the inflammation.  There would be lots of standing, walking and worse, stooping and bending.  So, we are missing it this year. gak. :(

OTOH, it's gorgeous weather here.  Bright sunshine a gorgeous day/week.

And my cold is almost gone completely. 

So, good stuff too. :)

Congrats, Poppy!

Good wishes on your recovery, madcow!

Hope the holiday is still good, itsmeagain!

I am currently in progress of writing my final fictional text for my course in creative writing. One day of school left before the looong summer off. September is far away. But I still have to work on 2 unfinished bachelor theses until then. The hardest part is really the corrections after inputs from teachers & fellow essey writers. When first handing it in, you feel 85% done with the essay. When you get all inputs, you suddenly feel only 25% done. Comments on every page. Feels like starting over. Hate it.

Holiday was excellent emelee, we visited the Wicklow countryside at glendalough, it was brilliant.

Had a lovely day yesterday with Kat & O's at a friends wedding despite the rain! Kat looked gorgeous in her bridesmaid dress and O's scrubbed up pretty well too.  Felt a bit of a numpty having to have my food cut up for me, can't wait to be able to the simple things like that.

Get well soon, pontalba!

Last week we had a lot of family over, to celebrate several birthdays. I spend quite a few hours preparing food for one of the days. A while ago I went to a book fair and bought some books. I'm working hard to pass uni.

Thanks Athena!  I am some better today, every day a little bit better. :)

Just lazing around the house today, reading, mucking. :)

No actual cooking going on, just picking at this and that.

I have my exams on Tuesday and Thursday, so I've become downright obsessed with them. :sarcastic:  I'll be so glad when they are over, so I can starting thinking about other things for a change. But today, I've developed a bit of an icky tummy. I hope it's gone by Tuesday, otherwise I'll be in trouble. :thud: I don't know if it's nerves, or a bit of food poisoning from a new Chinese takeaway we went to yesterday. :wacko:

I have my 3DS coming from Amazon tomorrow as well, but I've promised myself I won't open it until my exams are finished on Thursday. Then I can play to my hearts content! :boogie:

I have a 6 month checkup with my doctor in Washington, DC on Friday. It is a 280 mile drive up to DC and 280 miles back. :)

While in DC I will pick up 3 cases of wine that I ordered at my favorite wine shop.

Coran and I got back from three days at the Chalice Well in Glastonbury earlier this afternoon. We were lucky with the weather, as most of the time we had brilliant sunshine, and as always we met some great people. It was nice as well to renew acquaintances with the gardens and the Tor, even if it was a bit of a struggle making it to the top.

I have a 6 month checkup with my doctor in Washington, DC on Friday. It is a 280 mile drive up to DC and 280 miles back. :)

While in DC I will pick up 3 cases of wine that I ordered at my favorite wine shop.

Ohh, what wine have you ordered?

I hope you don't make it a day trip! :icon_eek:

Coran and I got back from three days at the Chalice Well in Glastonbury earlier this afternoon. We were lucky with the weather, as most of the time we had brilliant sunshine, and as always we met some great people. It was nice as well to renew acquaintances with the gardens and the Tor, even if it was a bit of a struggle making it to the top.

Sounds like you had a lovely trip! 

This is not anywhere near me, but I hadda post this.  Incredible.  Absolutely incredible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ice-wave-comes-ashore-in-minnesota/2013/05/12/336b9f6d-52bd-48c6-a2b4-d5399b4b45c5_video.html?wpisrc=nl_most

Ice from a lake in Minnesota moved, crept up to houses.....ya gotta see it to believe it.  Instead of the creature from the black lagoon, we have here, the icy creature from the ice lake.....gak!

I have never seen anything like this. It actually looked like the ice was moving-like it was alive! eerie!

Hello everyone!

The weather here is the pits. Dreary, cold, rainy. I hate it. It's time for some summer weather. We all need more than a day at a time. I don't remember winter ever being this long before.  The only positive part is that the plants are getting so green so swiftly. Visually, winter has left us.

Hubby made some sushi and we invited family to enjoy it with us. It was fun and delish.