What's up in May?

chesilbeach

May has been rubbish because all I've been doing is studying. I've become obsessed, to the point of dreaming and talking in my sleep about it. :lurker:  :doh: Exams are in just over a week and I will be so relieved when they are done with (for this term anyway). But I've still managed to squeeze in a bit of reading and exploring the local area (there are so many woodland walks!) with my husband and doggy. :boogie:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm studying CIMA (Management Accounting). I've got a few years ahead of me still, and will be so glad when it's over. Completely agree with you on dog walking - it really clears your head! :boogie:

Good luck with your exams bobblybear.  My course doesn't usually have exams, which I mostly like, but sometimes I hate writing the assignments just as much.

Hope your elbow heals quick madcow. I'd love to get out of our town for a few days, but I can't afford it, and I'm not sure how reliable my car is with long distances.

Good luck with the exams BB, sounds like long hard work! :)

Hope the arm is better soon MC, must be a right nuisance! Hope you're being looked after. :)

Congratulations on becoming a a Grandma poppy! What is his/her name? :)

Good luck with your exams bobblybear.  My course doesn't usually have exams, which I mostly like, but sometimes I hate writing the assignments just as much.

Good luck with the exams BB, sounds like long hard work! :)

Thanks. :smile:  I'm sure all my hard work will pay off in the end.

Thanks. :smile:  I'm sure all my hard work will pay off in the end.

Hard work normally does, well done for doing it! :)

I'm off shortly for the first of three badminton tournaments this weekend, first off my 8 year old son! :)

Ouch, ouch, OUCH! :o  Your poor elbow Jules. I hope it heals up very soon for you. :flowers2:

Thank you x

I've been away for two weeks staying with my son and his fiancé who have just had a baby .........and I've become a grandma for the first time :yahoo:

Congratulations poppy x

Hope the arm is better soon MC, must be a right nuisance! Hope you're being looked after. :)

Thank you, yes it is a nuisance and I am being looked after.  Hate not being able to even the simplest of things, got to go out today with the dogs and hubby which blew the cobwebs away :smile: but it will be a while before I will be able to take them out by myself :(

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better Pontalba, my prescription is for you to snuggle on the sofa with a good book. :smile:  :readingtwo:  :smile:

Thanks! The prescription worked!  That and a couple of 12 hour nights in a row, and a 4 hour nap today. :lol:

I hope you feel better soon, pontalba!

Thanks, I really do. :yes:

Oops been absent for a few weeks again :o  Lets see what have I been up to? Well not a lot really,  Had a week off work at the end of March and managed to read 4 whole books, The Mrs Brown trilogy from Brendan O'Carroll and a Diane Chamberlain one which i quite enjoyed. Since then my mojo has been awol again.  Then had a few weeks at work followed by another week off at the end of April which I have not read a single page!

I did go fishing with hubby on the first 2 days then spent the rest of the week pottering around and going to a couple of car boots.  The bank holiday weekend was the anniversary of Freya joining our household and we even managed to get a picnic in which the dogs also enjoyed :smile: Last Monday was the date we selected to celebrate Freya's birthday and I also managed to take a birthday bump for her, well a fall actually which after a trip to A&E confirmed a fractured elbow :o

I can't believe how hard it is to do things with only one arm! But at least I got a few extra days off, should be fun on Monday when I go back not sure what I will be able to do or not!

Ah well off to browse the boards........

The fishing and reading sound great, but not the elbow!  OUCH!  Hope it heals fast. :friends3:

I've been away for two weeks staying with my son and his fiancé who have just had a baby .........and I've become a grandma for the first time :yahoo:

Congratulations, Grandma!! :flowers2:  :JC_cookies:

Congratulations poppy. Nice name for the boy.

For you:

Tippy Toeing - Loretta Lynn

Awwwww ......thank you Muggles, what a cute song! :flowers2:

Thank you x

Congratulations poppy x

Thank you Madcow .............and I hope your elbow gets better quickly, imagine that would be very painful :console:

Congratulations, Grandma!! :flowers2:  :JC_cookies:

Thanks Pont :kissing:

The elbow is not too bad, mainly a constant dull ache with some sharper pain when i move it (which I have to do to stretch it :() I have stopped taking to strong painkillers as they left me feeling spaced out so just sticking to paracetamols to take the edge off. Went out for a bit of a drive today with hubby, took some flowers to the cemetary and called in to see my mum which was nice, then back home through the torrential rain. 

Just realised that Endeavour is not on tonight so will have to console myself with a book :)

Had a lovely Mother's Day today. Even was able to take my dog for a longer walk to her beloved woods. She is feeling that better.

She even played a bit with other dogs. It does my heart good to see her happy again.

Good luck with your exams, bobblybear!

Congratulations, poppy!!

I've had a busy few days, with lots of family coming over for several birthdays. I spent several hours in the kitchen preparing food, which was fun. It was nice to see everybody again. Now I'm concentrating on university, since hopefully in two months, I'll be done (hopefully getting my diploma at the end of August)!

Congrats to you and your family, Grandma Poppy :D

I hope your cold goes away very soon, Pontalba, and that your elbow heals swiftly, Jules!

We dropped the dog off at daycare yesterday and had an IKEA day followed by an early Mother's Day lunch for my mom.  I gave her a 3 season set of Downton Abbey, which she's obsessed with, so hopefully that will tide her over since season 4 doesn't start over here until January!  Yesterday I put together our new grill and also set up solar lights along our front path.  It was very pretty last night! :)

I'm heading up to the cabin on Thursday to open it up for the summer season. 

I hope everyone has a lovely week ahead of them!

Thanks Peacefield, the cold is much, much better. :)

We've been pretty quiet around here, I haven't felt like too much activity.  Today though we are planning to finally see The Great Gatsby

Aside from that, catching up on laundry, and we changed the chairs in the office/study at the computers.  Which was really fun as the double door into the room is half blocked by a..................wait for it....................a bookcase.  lol  So that had to be at least half emptied to shove it over enough to get the chairs through. phew!

Beautiful weather today, and forecast for the next week, after a week or so of gloomy, rainy weather.

This is not anywhere near me, but I hadda post this.  Incredible.  Absolutely incredible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ice-wave-comes-ashore-in-minnesota/2013/05/12/336b9f6d-52bd-48c6-a2b4-d5399b4b45c5_video.html?wpisrc=nl_most

Ice from a lake in Minnesota moved, crept up to houses.....ya gotta see it to believe it.  Instead of the creature from the black lagoon, we have here, the icy creature from the ice lake.....gak!

:lol: Yep, Pontalba, that's MN for you! I'm driving past the very same place in this video when I go to the cabin later this week. I'm kind of a little freaked out!

(null)