What's up in May?

chesilbeach

Chrissy that sounds wonderful. What a terrific European Road Trip. Did you keep a travel diary about it all?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrissy that sounds wonderful. What a terrific European Road Trip. Did you keep a travel diary about it all?

I did, having bought one especially! :blush2:  We did so many things in so few days it would have been hard to keep proper track. Additionally my evening diary writing captured not only events, but our reactions and feelings to them.

Are you a travel diarist Miss Mabel?

Bookmonkey - Well done on your assignment! :)

Chrissy - It sounds like you had a wonderful break, I'm amazed you were able to experience so much in that amount of time, you must have been very organised, will we be seeing any pictures do you think? ;)  Hopefully you will be planning another trip in the not too distant future. :)

I've been away camping with the cadets over the bank holiday weekend and really enjoyed it. The only downside is the ammount of washing ive now got to do! Finally getting caught up with everything though!

I did, having bought one especially! :blush2:  We did so many things in so few days it would have been hard to keep proper track. Additionally my evening diary writing captured not only events, but our reactions and feelings to them.

Are you a travel diarist Miss Mabel?

Well, I thought I would be...we were on a trip in America and I started out really well writing everything in my selfmade travel diary and adding tidbits but didn't keep it up as I thought I would. I was really into it too. So...I guess deep down I am not a 'real' travel diarist. Unfortunately, we don't travel enough to try again. I'm glad to hear you were able to do so.

Well, I thought I would be...we were on a trip in America and I started out really well writing everything in my selfmade travel diary and adding tidbits but didn't keep it up as I thought I would. I was really into it too. So...I guess deep down I am not a 'real' travel diarist. Unfortunately, we don't travel enough to try again. I'm glad to hear you were able to do so.

Where did you travel on your trip to "America"?

chrissy - it sounds like you had a very enjoyable trip and vacation.

Just phoned up Vodafone and now have a new phone on its way tomorrow. Getting the new (low end of the scale) Nokia Lumia 520: http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/nokia-lumia-520-black-paym  I'm getting it in white though! I found it cheaper on Talkmobile but they gaveme 25% off the £17 a month contract so I'm only paying £12.75 with the phone free. :D

new phones are fun and daunting at the same time. My phone is going on 4 years old and I love it's simplicity. I am not looking forward to haaving to get a new one in the future. So, good luck with your new toy RisingDawn.

Chrissy, your trip sounds fabulous!  Thanks for the post. :)

Gorgeous weather here, finally.  But I have a miserable cold...sleeping 12 hours at the time, broken every 2 hours by coughing spells.  gak 

I hate colds!

Feel better soon P!

Today was lovely weather and a holiday so we went to a special outdoor Crafts and Oldtime Trade Market in a town nearby. It was lovely.

Feel better soon, Pontalba.

Yesterday I had a meeting with my Reading Circle: so much fun!! We discussed - for 3 long hours - on Wuthering Heights: I always feel fine when I can talk about books.. that's why we're all her, isn't it?

My cousin is pregnant and my mommy went mad: she's knitting litteraly everything!! I think the baby is going to have wollen underwear too.

Aren't Real Life reading clubs great? These forums are also great, but being together all at the same time and discussing such books is always a great feeling. When one is a book lover, naturally.

I pity the baby in Summer! LOL!

Just got back from a week away in North Devon.  We had lovely weather for the most part (just a couple of stormy nights, and a lot of wind and rain yesterday), and I got lots of reading done!  A lovely break, and now a weekend to get myself sorted out ready for work next week.  Glad to have had a break, although, as always, it was over far too quickly.  Loads of reviews now backed up needing to be written, so I think I may be doing that this weekend.

Oops been absent for a few weeks again :o  Lets see what have I been up to? Well not a lot really,  Had a week off work at the end of March and managed to read 4 whole books, The Mrs Brown trilogy from Brendan O'Carroll and a Diane Chamberlain one which i quite enjoyed. Since then my mojo has been awol again.  Then had a few weeks at work followed by another week off at the end of April which I have not read a single page!

I did go fishing with hubby on the first 2 days then spent the rest of the week pottering around and going to a couple of car boots.  The bank holiday weekend was the anniversary of Freya joining our household and we even managed to get a picnic in which the dogs also enjoyed :smile: Last Monday was the date we selected to celebrate Freya's birthday and I also managed to take a birthday bump for her, well a fall actually which after a trip to A&E confirmed a fractured elbow :o

I can't believe how hard it is to do things with only one arm! But at least I got a few extra days off, should be fun on Monday when I go back not sure what I will be able to do or not!

Ah well off to browse the boards........

We stayed in a cottage near Bideford so a bit more inland, but a great central location for all the coast with good access to the main roads,  we travelled around from Porlock Weir to Hartland Quay over the week.

New phone and I keep forgetting my log in details. Was putting in my username and password and it wasn't working. Wasn't til I had sent a "forgot my password" email that I found out my username was Twitter. Oopsie daisies!