The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

So, I know we have a few The Shadow of the Wind fans on here, and as I picked it up in WH Smiths yesterday (half price - bargain!) I thought I'd open a thread about the release of the sequel in English, in case anyone missed it. It's entitled The Prisoner of Heaven and was published by Phoenx on the 11th of April.

Synopsis:

In The Shadow of the Wind, Daniel Sempere discovered the secret world of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books, hidden in the heart of the old city of Barcelona. He also discovered a book and a sinister figure who wanted to destory ever copy. One year later, peace seems to have returned to the Sempere & Sons bookshop.

But the story is not over...

---

It's only been out a few weeks but has anyone got around to this yet? Or do you plan on adding it to the TBR after enjoying its predecessor? Which, by the way, I recommend wholeheartedly if you haven't already checked it out.

It is sitting next to my bed waiting to be read, once all my exams and dissertation are finished! I'm actually really excited to read it, (although I should finish reading 'The Interpretation of Murder' first). I hope it will be as good as The Shadow of the Wind!

Also the hardback cover is really pretty :smile:

It is sitting next to my bed waiting to be read, once all my exams and dissertation are finished! I'm actually really excited to read it, (although I should finish reading 'The Interpretation of Murder' first). I hope it will be as good as The Shadow of the Wind!

Also the hardback cover is really pretty :smile:

You're in exactly the same position as me if you replace that dissertation with the three assignments I have left (*gulp*). If it helps, I was a bit disappointed with The Interpretation of Murder in the end - I enjoyed it but if I remember correctly I didn't think it was anything special. I reckon you could just move on and read PoH. :giggle:

Here's hoping it's as good as The Shadow of the Wind - look forward to hearing your thoughts if you get to it before moi.

I bought PoH today too Ben, I loved Shadow of the Wind, but still need to get around to reading Angels Game before I start PoH as I believe that's the order they need to be read in? I've moved it up my TBR pile..

I believe The Angel's Game is a prequel so I don't think it's absolutely neccessary, although I do have it on Kindle so will probably get around to it.

I've read one of these books. I can't remember which one. Might of been Prisoner of Heaven. It has his son in it, and he becomes interested in a girl. I know that much. I don't wanna give too much away. Which one was that? xD

Oh, well if you read it years ago it can't be this one.. this has only just come out. Unless you read it before it was translated..

Nope. Can't read foreign languages haha.

Must be either The Shadow of the Wind or The Angels Game. I haven't read the latter though so I'm not sure.

There's Clara who's blind if I remember, and he reads her stories. Most definitely SotW. Excellent book in my opinion.

There's Clara who's blind if I remember, and he reads her stories. Most definitely SotW. Excellent book in my opinion.

Yep! That is the one. I loved the book and instantly wanted to read the rest.