What if?

EmilyM

When i was little i used to love those bookswhich allowed the reader to create their own story.  At the bottom of the page there would be two options and when you had decided your characters fate you were directed to the appropriate page.  I would always read the story again and again, choosing different options each time to change the story.

Are there any stories you would have liked to have ended differently?  How would you rewrite the story? :jump:

Emily, may I say that your questions/answers alone are worth the daily entrance fee paid at the forum door? :)

In the course of a recent read, The Solitude of Thomas Cave, I wanted to take a particular and profound pain away from the main character, set him free of it.  

Of course the author would never have allowed me to, even if I could have! Ha! :)

Just come out of that dark room. The box I had hoped to stand on is dancing by the door. A coffee jar in the kitchen appears to be talking to a spoon full of sugar. I think I need to lie back down again! For all that, please do not think your suggestion was not appreciated, Emily! :)