• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

March Supporter Giveaway   03/02/2019

So March has crept up on us and I'm thrilled to finally show you the GREAT (he he...) March giveaway!     This time we have a gorgeous print of The Great Gatsby's most famous line from thestorygift.co.uk AND a Great Gatsby tea from the Literary Tea Company! This particular tea is Peach Blossom (which sounds delicious and I kind of wish I could keep it myself...) and the tin features another Gatsby quote.  If you'd like to see the other literary teas available (there are lots, I spent ages looking) you can find them both at the Literary Tea Company's etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany) or at their own website, theliteraryteacompany.co.uk .   As always, supporters are automatically entered into the giveaway and if you're not a supporter but want to be included in this months giveaway you can become a supporter on patreon here... https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum .   A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month. Good luck!  

I attempted to sell a mono record player to a second hand store in 1985.

I said to him that it was a stereo but he knew it was decidedly mono.

Answering a 1991 newspaper ad for romance and getting an unsigned letter back saying 'i do in fact know you rather well..I work with you.' It was a ward sister who I had occasionally worked with. None of us ever mentioned it face to face.

Having to ask a friend for ten pounds for food before payday in 1995. The embarrassment.

Name 3 great decisions you have made.

Edited by itsmeagain

Ending my relationship. It was a mutual decision. We still talk and are on good terms but I am much happier been single at the moment

Going to college in 2006 to study animal care. I loved it and I knew I would be miserable if I stayed on at sixth form

Learning to drive. I had always worried about that but never been more happier even though I am a nervous driver although better now.

Name three times your family and/or friends made you proud

When my young sister intervened in a stretch, to stop a disabled man being harassed by thugs, at real risk to herself. 

When my mother fought her cancer. 

When  my sister got her driving 🚘 licence. 

Name three embarrassing moments. 

Mine all involve driving in some form or other.

1. When I went for my licence at 17, I was so nervous I stalled three times before I got going because I left the handbrake on. My three point turn turned into about a seven point turn and for my finale, I did a parallel park that involved driving up on the kerb, bouncing off and on it a couple of times and then scraping the wheel all along the kerb. (Incidentally I got my licence ...much easier in those days. The cop very understatedly observed I needed plenty more practice)

2. A little later in my driving career, my car had very poor brakes and one day backing into a car space ( I think I had the choke out too far) the car just kept on going and I hooked up several cars bumpers and tow balls. My sister and I had to try to extricate them all while a group of mechanics across the road nearly did themselves an injury laughing (I wish they had!!)

3. My niece had an off road bike and she and her youth group came out for a day on the farm riding motorbikes and go-carts. I hopped on the bike, dropped the clutch far too quickly, did a wheel stand and just missed hitting a tree before ignominiously crashing into a pile of vegetation. All in front of the assembled youth group. :blush:

Name three of your characteristics.

♥ 😂 😂. 

Years ago poppy you wrote death wish on the word association game, when someone wrote driving. 🚘  🚛. 

Now I see why. 😂 Great stories. 

4 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

♥ 😂 😂. 

Years ago poppy you wrote death wish on the word association game, when someone wrote driving. 🚘  🚛. 

Now I see why. 😂 Great stories. 

I've got plenty more! :rolol:

3 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

I am eccentric, happy, and I love reading. 

Name three of your worst cafe or restaurant experiences. 

A very substandard Mexican restaurant.

No 1 son throwing up all over a couple we were dining with.

No 2 son playing up in Cobb and Co. Threw his sock over his shoulder and it landed in someone's soup.

Name three things that make you laugh.