Your Book Activity ~ April 2013

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finally bowed to pressure and started The Hunger Games 

I enjoyedthe Hunger Games series last year. Probably, second to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Edited by muggle not

I've just finished reading 'The Kashmir Shawl' by Rosie Thomas and overall, I really enjoyed it, although the ending was a little disappointing.

Now I'm about to start 'Carrie' by Stephen King

I finished A Christmas Carol this morning and recently started Agnes Grey. It's quite good so far.

Hope you enjoy Agnes Grey i read it a few months week ago & enjoyed it though it's not as good as The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall IMO  :smile:

I started Digging To America by Anne Tyler this morning.

Finished reading Fire Burn And Cauldron Bubble by H. P. Mallory and have been listening to a Doctor Who book, The Art of Destruction this afternoon.  An ebook I'd completely forgotten that I'd preordered was published today, and at a bargain 99p it isn't going to break the bank! :D

Hope you enjoy Agnes Grey i read it a few months week ago & enjoyed it though it's not as good as The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall IMO  :smile:

I started Digging To America by Anne Tyler this morning.

I can see slight similarities to Jane Eyre, but obviously it's a different Bronte. I don't actually know the synopsis but good so far. My first novel I have read by this Bronte.

I am about half way finished reading "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen.

Why hasn't anyone told me about this wonderful book. Or, have you and I didn't listen. :)

Aww, it's a lovely book - I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

I've (temporarily) stopped reading Kiskadee Girl by Maggie Harris (World Challenge book - author born Guyana!) and have started The Elephant's Journey by José Saramago (WC Portugal and my Book Club book). 

Why hasn't anyone told me about this wonderful book. Or, have you and I didn't listen. :)

I read this book a few years ago for my Real Life (RL) book club and it's one of my all time favorites. Isn't it just wonderful!?!

Less than 100 pages to go in If Not Now, When? Primo Levi, this has been such a thought provoking read i couldn't sleep last night for thinking about the story & i had to resist going downstairs to finish it  :blush2: It's going to be a hard book to follow.

I missed this before for some reason... Did you enjoy it until the bitter end? It's on one of my reading challenges and I've heard it's definitely worth a read... :)

I think quite a few people on here have loved it! :)

I then read and finished Roald Dahl - Matilda, thought I would read something a bit easier on the mind. It was a great book! I read it in Dutch when I was a child and decided to try the English book (see herefor a review). It's such a great story, with beautiful illustrations (by Quentin Blake).

It is such a great book! Have you seen the movie? (with Danny de Vito, for example) That's how I came across with the story in the first place. I would definitely recommend it :yes: It's one of the cases where the movie's good but so's the book!

I hope your mojo will get better soon, frankie!

Thanks Athena, I hope so too, it's so weird when I don't feel like reading, at all! :o

Now I'm about to start 'Carrie' by Stephen King

That's a great novel, I hope you enjoy it! It's pretty spooky...

Janet, Miss Mabel, and Frankie - I finished reading "Water For Elephants" tonight.It is the best book that I have read so far this year. I cannot give it enough praise, thoroughly enjoyable.

I missed this before for some reason... Did you enjoy it until the bitter end? It's on one of my reading challenges and I've heard it's definitely worth a read... :)

I really enjoyed it Frankie ; it;'s one of those books that stays in your head after you've finished reading it. I have another of his books on my TBR pile If This Is A Man. The Truce about his time in Auschwitz but i'm going to wait awhile before i read that.  :smile:

About 60 pages into Digging To America & enjoying it so far  :readingtwo:

That's a great novel, I hope you enjoy it! It's pretty spooky...

Thanks Frankie :smile:  I've seen the film version and that was pretty creepy! So far the book is proving good too.

it's going pretty well so far...I'm about 200 pages in & enjoying it....though I admit it's an easy book to read

Great! I found this triolgy to be so engrossing, that I whizzed through each book.

It is such a great book! Have you seen the movie? (with Danny de Vito, for example) That's how I came across with the story in the first place. I would definitely recommend it :yes: It's one of the cases where the movie's good but so's the book!

x

I love the movie too! It's different from the book but I love them both. I recently bought the film on DVD, we have it on VCR tape but I liked it so much I wanted it on DVD since VCR's are old these days. It's what inspired me to buy the book.

Finished The Woman in Black and starting A Game of Thrones!

Edited by Devi