Your Book Activity ~ April 2013

Just passed the 700 page mark on The Neutronium Alchemist! Yaaay! I'm definitely taking a big long break between this book and reading the last in the trilogy. Will be able to fit in all the small books I've got piling up. :D

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now starting The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde which was given to me by a friend for World Book Night, not my usual type of book but I'm keen to give it a go. :)

Oooh, exciting, Chaliepud!!  I loved that book and Jasper Fforde is just fantastic.  If you like it you should definitely try and read more in that series :D

I'm about halfway through Before the Poison and am getting thoroughly creeped out.  Loving every minute of it!

I'm not sure if I posted this before, but recently I purchased The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George.  Her first time writing young adult fiction so I'm interested to see what it's like!

I also went to a used book store in the cities over the weekend and found a very old book called The Flowering of New England.  It's an account of how New England formed throughout it's early years in the Revolutionary War, the Salem Witch Trials, etc.  They talk about Longfellow in Cambridge, Hawthorne in Salem, Harvard University, etc.  I'm fascinated with all of that stuff.

I'm about a third of the way through Quiet by Susan Cain, and I've also started (finally!) Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'm 75 pages in and it's going along nicely.

I'm about a third of the way through Quiet by Susan Cain, and I've also started (finally!) Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'm 75 pages in and it's going along nicely.

I hope you enjoy Divergent as much as I did (and my eldest 2 kids as well) :)

After recent events I decided a little retail therapy was in order so I went to town to buy Replay by Ken Grimwood, but of course they didn't have it!  So instead I bought..

The Prisoner of Heaven - Carlos Ruiz Zafon (I just need to read Angel's Game first!)

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Daughter of Fortune - Isabel Allende

Plus I've ordered Replay online..  Feeling a little better already. :)

I've heard lots of good things about Quiet. How are you liking it?

I managed to get through another 7 books in April, which brings my total for the year to 30 now. They were all very different and nevertheless interesting in their own way. I am now reading a book about a man who is the only living person to have been in a North Korean prison camp and escaped. Fascinating stuff, although for me not altogether unfamiliar.

Almost at 900 pages in The Neutronium Alchemist. Getting good now. Couple of twists I certainly wasn't expecting and they're finally talking about figuring out why what is happening is happening. About bloody time!