Your Book Activity ~ April 2013

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not sure what to start reading, I really want to start The Twelve by Justin Cronin because Mac told me how good it is and I've read the synopsis to remind myself and everything but it's too big to fit in my handbag for my commit so I need something to read that is a small book and I just can't decide!

I thought I'd let folks know that I am really, really enjoying Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It is superbly well written and utterly gripping. There you go.  :D

I'm waiting for this to come available at the library, but it has quite a few reservations against it.

I finished Human Remains last night. Good, but not great. I really need to catch up on my reviews as well. I must be 4 or 5 behind. :hide:

I have about 2 chapters to go of The Big Necessity: Adventures in the World of Human Waste, so that should be finished this week. I think the next fiction I shall start will be The Crimson Petal and the White. It'll be a re-read for me. I was planning on reading something else before I got to it, but then I read the first few sentences and it's reeled me in again.

Me and my Mum went into Waterstones today and brought the final book in the Simon Toyne trilogy to do with Ruin and religion etc. I'm thinking of starting it tonight seeing as it's taking me awhile to get through Emma. It might bring back my reading mojo and then I can continue with Emma. :D

I really want this one but I'm trying to cut down on my book buying.

me too...I very very rarely buy new hardcover, and this wasn't an exception, I had to wait over a month before the library finally got it in for me :)

I thought I'd let folks know that I am really, really enjoying Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It is superbly well written and utterly gripping. There you go.  :D

I really really liked it myself :D

Finished The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenburgh (late) last night/this morning, a fantastic read, one of my favourite books this year definitely! :) Going to look the author up now to see if any more books are in the pipeline..

About 175 pages into The Tower by Simon Toyne. It's getting really good. He definitely knows how to write a book! I'm still trying to understand what is going on, he doesn't give too much away as the book progresses.

I'm about 7% into The Crimson Petal and The White....it's kind of an unusual style, yes?  I think I'm getting into the rhythm though.

I haven't really had any truly uninterupted reading time today.

I'm two thirds of the way through Jane Eyre now, and enjoying it much more than my first reading of it a few years ago. Not sure why, but the first half seemed more lively than I remember, although I'm just about to get to the part where

Jane leaves Thornfield after the revelation about Rochester (even in spoiler tags I'm trying not to spoil!)

which I know I struggled with during my first reading.

I've just finished reading The Dean's Watch Elizabeth Goudge, a nice gentle story i enjoyed it though it was a bit of a struggle getting into it at the beginning as Still Missing was a hard act to follow. My next read is going to be a book i've had on my shelf for quite a while The Island  Victoria Hislop.

I've just finished reading The Dean's Watch Elizabeth Goudge, a nice gentle story i enjoyed it though it was a bit of a struggle getting into it at the beginning as Still Missing was a hard act to follow. My next read is going to be a book i've had on my shelf for quite a while The Island  Victoria Hislop.

You're in with a treat with The Island KM, brilliant book..  I didn't enjoy her second book though and have yet to try The Thread. :)

You're in with a treat with The Island KM, brilliant book..  I didn't enjoy her second book though and have yet to try The Thread. :)

Good to hear you enjoyed it Charliepud. iIhave The Thread as well, i picked it up in a charity shop a few weeks ago  :smile:

Good to hear you enjoyed it Charliepud. iIhave The Thread as well, i picked it up in a charity shop a few weeks ago  :smile:

I've just heard that The Thread is our next book club read so I need to pick up a copy sometime soon..

I'm about 7% into The Crimson Petal and The White....it's kind of an unusual style, yes?  I think I'm getting into the rhythm though.

I haven't really had any truly uninterupted reading time today.

I think I've read that. Is that the one with Sugar?

I am pretty sure I will definitely be finished with The Tower tonight. And oh my God it is sooo good! I've had trouble putting it down.

I'm about 7% through as well, though it is a re-read for me. I had forgotten about that style of it; I agree, it is unusual.