Your Book Activity ~ April 2013

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Sherlock Holmes A study in scarlet and The bat by Jo Nesbo this week.  Enjoyed both and will definitely look for more Jo Nesbo at my library.  The Sherlock Holmes was a freebie I downloaded on my ipod ages ago.  It's got the full series so I have the rest of those to read now too.

Isn't it strange - I genuinely don't remember it being that long, I thought it was about 300 pages!  I guess that's good as the pages must have flown by :giggle2:

How big is the text?

Still not read anymore of Emma. I'm hoping to start up again tomorrow.

I'm currently reading Charles H. Elliott and Laura L. Smith - Overcoming Anxiety for Dummies and Sophie Kinsella - Twenties Girl. Both of them are quite good so far :).

I enjoyed Twenties Girl when I read it a couple of years ago. It's a funny, fun read.

I finished Pocketful of Names - Loved it!

I am now reading An Invisible Sign of My Own by Aimee Bender.

I enjoyed her first book quite a lot-The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake and hope that this book is just as good or better.

I had a migraine this weekend so haven't been reading. Still a bit fuzzy headed so I've been reading Bleach manga which is easier on my concentration.

Otherwise I've been reading Break The Skin- Lee Martin on paper and Last Train to Linguria on kindle.

Finished The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald, and am debating whether to start The Crimson Petal and the White now, or postpone till closer to May.

Actually I've kind of started two on my kindle....Z : A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler, and another essay by Len Deighton about Ian Fleming.  But I'm not sure if I'll continue.

I enjoyed her first book quite a lot-The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake and hope that this book is just as good or better.

I love that title!!

My reading hasn't been going too well. I wouldn't say it's my mojo, it's more a case of feeling I should be studying instead (but truthfully, I've spent far too long on Candy Crush Saga :doh: ).

Finished The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald, and am debating whether to start The Crimson Petal and the White now, or postpone till closer to May.

Actually I've kind of started two on my kindle....Z : A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler, and another essay by Len Deighton about Ian Fleming.  But I'm not sure if I'll continue.

I'll be interested in your thoughts on Z.

I finished reading The Carbon Diaries 2017 yesterday, and I've picked up We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, which I started last year but put aside.

.............. and I've picked up We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, which I started last year but put aside.

I picked up a copy of the from my local library the other day, its next on my reading list.

Currently halfway through The Language of Flowers, loving how it is written in two different time frames with each having a direct impact on understanding the other, very clever and interesting to read.. :)

Edited by chaliepud

Only 50 pages left of The Dark Tower,really wanted to finish it last night but it was already 4:30am,next up will probably be Farenheit 451 as its been in my TBR forever. After that i will be completeing the dark tower series with The wind through the keyhole.

simon

I thought I'd let folks know that I am really, really enjoying Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It is superbly well written and utterly gripping. There you go.  :D

Started jodi Picoult's new one, The Storyteller

I really want this one but I'm trying to cut down on my book buying.

Still reading manga, still feeling a bit blah (but better than yesterday)