What's up in April?

Kell

Have fun in San Fran, Pontalba!  Such a lovely city - do you have big plans while you're there?  Enjoy your trip to Austin as well :).

We had another snowfall last night, about 4", ugh.  I'm convinced the reason our winter is dragging on so long is payback for last year when we barely registered any snow at all.  Mother Nature is very cruel!  Hopefully it was the last though since this weekend there are rumors of 70 degree days. 

This week is a quiet one for me aside from work and going out for a friend's birthday this weekend.  Have a great week everyone! :D

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Francisco is a wonderful city. Make sure you have a bowl of their clam chowder in the sourdough bread bowls. The bread soaks up the soup and is great tasting.

We are going to take a trip to Florida and Disneyworld in late May. However, I am still thinking of a trip to San Francisco and other parts of California, i.e. Monterey, Carmel, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and a few other towns. I just love California and the drive along the Coast is spectacular.

Disneyworld should be fun, Muggle!  I've never been to Florida but have seen Disneyland several times.  I love driving CA as well.  SLO is beautiful!  Have you had a chance to go to San Simeon and see the Hearst Castle? 

I love Santa Barbara too.  In all my past trips there I stuck to the shore and the Pier but this last time we ventured more inland and saw so many cute shops!  I also visited the Museum of Art too and even though it was on the small-ish side, it was lovely and they had some great pieces.

Speaking of driving on the coast, have you been to Dana Point?  Absolutely beautiful area.  I could go on and on... :D

It's World Book Night tonight (at least in the UK and US) and I've been a giver for the first time. I was giving out copies of The Eyre Affair to parents of the kids where I work. It made me a little nervous at first but everyone I offered a book to accepted which was much better than I expected. Some of the parents started alking about how they liked books and reading too which was pretty awesome. I had a few left at the end of the day so just left them in random places, I hope someone finds them and enjoys.

I was susposed to work in the gaarden today. Instead I vegetated and did nothing. Absolutely nothing. except walk my dog and cook dinner. Then when Hubby got home, we ate and went for a wonderful bicycle ride in the rural area. It was wonderful weather for it and except for some saddle pain, I faired pretty well. I love bike riding. We plan on doing more of this.

Disneyworld should be fun, Muggle!  I've never been to Florida but have seen Disneyland several times.  I love driving CA as well.  SLO is beautiful!  Have you had a chance to go to San Simeon and see the Hearst Castle? 

I love Santa Barbara too.  In all my past trips there I stuck to the shore and the Pier but this last time we ventured more inland and saw so many cute shops!  I also visited the Museum of Art too and even though it was on the small-ish side, it was lovely and they had some great pieces.

Speaking of driving on the coast, have you been to Dana Point?  Absolutely beautiful area.  I could go on and on... :D

I spent 3 months in SLO on a job assignment at Diablo Canyon. Attached is a photo of Diablo Canyon Nuclear Station. It is about a 5 mile drive from the security gate to the plant and is one of the most beautiful drives I have ever seen. It was the most fun to drive to work every day. :)

Yes, have toured (one tour - they have 2 or 3) Hearst Castle. I can't even imagine what it must have been like living there, and what a view to the Ocean. We used to go to Morro Bay frequently to eat dinner - great seafood restaurants. We would drive to Templeton, CA for steak. They have the best steak dinners I have eaten. They grill the steak over mesquite wood. PGE had a ranch outside of SLO and they gave me the use of it for me to throw a party and cookout for the group that was working for me at Diablo. What a great time we had.

Santa Barbara is also a beautiful city. We also spent most of our time near the pier. Darn, I must go back and visit. :) I also could go on and on about the California coast. :)

Edited by muggle not

Have fun in San Fran, Pontalba!  Such a lovely city - do you have big plans while you're there?  Enjoy your trip to Austin as well :).

Thanks Peacefield. :)  No plans in particular, just mosy around.  Husband knows the area fairly well.

San Francisco is a wonderful city. Make sure you have a bowl of their clam chowder in the sourdough bread bowls. The bread soaks up the soup and is great tasting.

We are going to take a trip to Florida and Disneyworld in late May. However, I am still thinking of a trip to San Francisco and other parts of California, i.e. Monterey, Carmel, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and a few other towns. I just love California and the drive along the Coast is spectacular.

We might rent a car and drive down the Coast, as husband knows the area. 

That chowder sounds delicious!  It is on the list, for sure.

That drive looks spectacular, Muggle!  No wonder you enjoyed driving to work.  We stayed in Morro Bay while visiting SLO and Hearst Castle and you're right, I definitely remember the good seafood places there.  That was the first time I explored the central coast and I had no idea how pretty it was. 

When I visited in November I stayed in Ojai, which is beautiful in itself, and I loved the drive down to LA and also out to Simi Valley.  Such a different vibe in Ojai than in busy LA.

I won a pair of airline tickets a couple weeks ago here at work and I'm debating whether or not to go back to CA to see the siblings or to go somewhere I've never been.  Decisions! :D

Spending a week with my baby dog Neo soon. Miss him so much. He is my parents dog, although mine at first, so he lives with them. But I have several days off school next. 

Looking forward to the amazing welcome I'll get on Saturday morning. <3

Isn't it wonderful the way dogs can greet you like they haven't seen you in ages. They are such loyal friends. Enjoy your homecoming and any slobber you may get..

Edited by Miss Mabel

Isn't it wonderful the way dogs can greet you like they haven't seen you in ages. They are such loyal friends. Enjoy your homecoming and any slobber you may get..

It is amazing. You can have had a rotten day, and come home to a thrilled dog and you forget everything. I welcome all slobber I'll get and will kiss him and hug him and kiss him some more. And I look forward to him following me around all week long. <3

It is amazing. You can have had a rotten day, and come home to a thrilled dog and you forget everything. I welcome all slobber I'll get and will kiss him and hug him and kiss him some more. And I look forward to him following me around all week long. <3

Another reason I prefer most dogs to most people!! :D

Worked at my volunteer job at the local high school library then just chilled as it was raining all day. And, it was only 13 degrees celcius outside. Yesterday it was 23 degrees and sunny and warm and perfect. I despise weather changes like this. The only good thing is that the ground was really dry and it needed to drink.

Tomorrow if it's dry I need to get some gardening done so that the rain doesn't give the weeds a huge burst of growth. We have this one weed that is almost impossible to get out of the ground. It travels via roots and any tiny piece left behind grows bigger until it takes over the garden. The only positive thing about this weed is that in an event of famine you can eat it. 

Aegopodium Podagria is the latin name.

I'm going out for drink's with the majority of the girls in the family tonight. Me, cousin, aunt and Mum are going to have sangria or pimms or something. Not sure if I even like them. So that means I gotta lug my passport with me as I don't have proper ID. I can't afford to fork out £11 right now as well as the money for the photo that has to go on it.

Worked at my volunteer job at the local high school library then just chilled as it was raining all day. And, it was only 13 degrees celcius outside. Yesterday it was 23 degrees and sunny and warm and perfect. I despise weather changes like this. The only good thing is that the ground was really dry and it needed to drink.

Tomorrow if it's dry I need to get some gardening done so that the rain doesn't give the weeds a huge burst of growth. We have this one weed that is almost impossible to get out of the ground. It travels via roots and any tiny piece left behind grows bigger until it takes over the garden. The only positive thing about this weed is that in an event of famine you can eat it. 

Aegopodium Podagria is the latin name.

Sounds like Ground Elder, I have it too, horrible stuff, has to be dug up with the roots, but no matter how well you do it, it always seems to come back!! :(

Sad news today: a good friend of mine told me he has to go back to his parents because he's not able to pay the rent. He cames from Sardinia, a wonderful island.. but so far from here I'm afraid we couldn't see each others once he's back. Ok, we have the net and phones and so on, but we won't see a movie together or spend the night talking. I wish I could help him.

Eleonora, sorry about your friend.  It's tough to lose someone like that, but at least they are still healthy, and will probably come back as soon as they are able.  Something to look forward to, right? :) I don't know why you couldn't see him then....

Two quiet days here, staying in, surfing the forums, reading, eating, just lazing about.  We sat outside this morning for a couple of hours,  till it was too sunny and talked and drank coffee and tea, enjoyed the pines. 

Eleonora, sorry about your friend.  It's tough to lose someone like that, but at least they are still healthy, and will probably come back as soon as they are able.  Something to look forward to, right? :) I don't know why you couldn't see him then....

It won't be so easy, seeing each others I mean, because there will be 900 km between us and italian situation is tragic right now: I could reach him by plane or with a 2 days travel by ferry.. but the costs are definitely too high, I couldn't afford them even if I had a job. We'll phone and keep in touch, obviously. In the mean time I hope this economic crisis will finish: last year 146.000 firms closed in Italy, 40% of the population is unemployed and governement has no money for doles or unemployment compensations. Something has to change or this crisis will kill Italy. We can't simply go on like this.. things can only be better.