What's up in April?

Kell

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, everyone. We're chuffed to ribbons. Now just hoping the terrible morning sickness will soon abate. It's all very well being in Royal company (I've got what Princess Kate had), but it still feels rotten - LOL!

So, the weather was good enough (sun shining but cold wind) that Hubby and I went into the garden and tried to bring some order to the winter's chaos. We haven't even gotten to getting it looking well enough to want to enjoy it. With a few more 'gardening' days and enough energy, we just might be able to get it done. When once the cold weather kept things from growing. Especially the weeds, this warmer weather has been giving them a new lease on life and they are shooting up faster than my beloved plants. UUGh!

We have the same problem Miss Mabel, but sadly no time to get out into our jungle for another few weeks.

Well, in 10 days time hubby and I will be driving from the UK to Italy, via France and Switzerland. We will be spending two days driving to Lake Garda in Northern Italy, spending 3 days at a lakeside hotel, then taking a two day trip back home. We cannot wait. Husband loves driving in Europe, and we always have such fun on long car journeys together.  :D

The next ten days are super full for us with various appointments, and a trip away to the Midlands next weekend, so I am having to be (uncharacteristically for me) really organised. Heck, so long we remember passports, car and a Euro or two we'll be fine. :giggle2:

We have the same problem Miss Mabel, but sadly no time to get out into our jungle for another few weeks.

Well, in 10 days time hubby and I will be driving from the UK to Italy, via France and Switzerland. We will be spending two days driving to Lake Garda in Northern Italy, spending 3 days at a lakeside hotel, then taking a two day trip back home. We cannot wait. Husband loves driving in Europe, and we always have such fun on long car journeys together.  :D

The next ten days are super full for us with various appointments, and a trip away to the Midlands next weekend, so I am having to be (uncharacteristically for me) really organised. Heck, so long we remember passports, car and a Euro or two we'll be fine. :giggle2:

Chrissy - I am curious, how long a trip (approx) is it.

Congrats, Kell!

Count me officially and completely jealous, Chrissy!  Have fun and wave at something groovy for me :D.

Last week was a hectic one, and it ended with a bang today when I had to spend over $600 in car repairs, ugh.  I'm okay with it though because last week at work I also won a pair of domestic airline tickets, yay!  Now I just have to decide where to go :D.

Enjoy your trip  Chrissy -  no chance of sneaking me into your luggage somewhere I suppose ? I don't take up that much room. :smile:

It's another beautiful day though here on Box Hill - there has been a frost, but the sun is shining, so it will soon begin to melt. That means another nice walk up to the viewpoint and down the ZigZag via one of the myriad of paths, followed by sitting in the sun with our Kindles. It's a good life !

Chrissy - I am curious, how long a trip (approx) is it.

From home to Lake Garda it will be about 950 miles. We have many many many stops planned along the way, but our first day will be the longest bit as we hope to get to the French / Swiss border by the end of that day. :smile:

I cannot really believe it's happening - we don't usually have this kind of multi country trip! A number of things aligned themselves and doing this trip evolved itself in front of us. We are planning a combination of long car journeys there and back interspersed with lots of walking. :D

Edited by Chrissy

Hubby cleared out the hallway cupboard while I sorted through all the baby and small child clothes we'd kept from Xan. As we're not finding out what we're having, we decided to keep only the neutral stuff (of which there is loads) and give all the overtly boyish and blue stuff to my step-sister who is having a boy and is due about 5 weeks before me. Most of the stuff had only been worn once or twice and some of it still had the tags on. I spent some time reminiscing and marvelling at how teensy weensy the smallest sized clothes are! It's amazing they ever fit Xan!

Thank you Muggle Not. It truly feels like we will be stepping outside of our lives for a week.

I cannot begin to express how much I am looking forward to doing this. Delight or disaster I know it will be such a great experience, and I will have one of my most favourite people alongside me (that's my husband by the way)! :smile:  

Hubby cleared out the hallway cupboard while I sorted through all the baby and small child clothes we'd kept from Xan. As we're not finding out what we're having, we decided to keep only the neutral stuff (of which there is loads) and give all the overtly boyish and blue stuff to my step-sister who is having a boy and is due about 5 weeks before me. Most of the stuff had only been worn once or twice and some of it still had the tags on. I spent some time reminiscing and marvelling at how teensy weensy the smallest sized clothes are! It's amazing they ever fit Xan!

I still have a few of my kids baby clothes.  It's amazing how small they once were.  My son is now about 6 inches taller than me. :o

I had to pop into my local Police Station this morning, to hand in a mobile phone and credit card I found on Saturday night. 

I'm slightly put out by the number of people who, when I start to recount this story, have assumed that I'd been arrested . . . 

Sounds wonderful. Now is probably the best time to do that. Not too hot yet. 

I want to travel to the capital cities of Europe. 

Chrissy, have a wondeful time. We've still yet to book our vacation. Don't have the faintest idea when or where yet.

Tomorrow I hope to get a bit more of our garden cleared out. It's my free day and the garden is calling me ... can you hear it?!

I had to pop into my local Police Station this morning, to hand in a mobile phone and credit card I found on Saturday night. 

I'm slightly put out by the number of people who, when I start to recount this story, have assumed that I'd been arrested . . . 

That just means that you have a dangerous undercurrent to you - more tiger than mouse. :D

Strangely when I began reading that sentence I thought it was going to finish with how many people told you not to bother handing them in.

Just went for our first antenatal scan and got our official due date (19th October). It's finally all very real - there really IS a baby in my tummy and I haven't been imagining things or suffering psychosomatic symptoms - hurrah!

attachicon.gif19.04.13 - Scan pic of Button at 13 weeks and 6 days.JPG

So, this is Button! (Xan was known as Tadpole when he was "on the inside" - LOL!)

Congratulations Kell :) One of the kids at work recently had a baby brother who was called button when he was 'inside'

We're planning a trip to San Francisco in a month or so.....the dates are still flexible. 

And we have committed to a convention of Constant Reader...it's a group on Good Reads that has a yearly convention.  This year it is in Austin, Texas...that's a 8 or 9 hour drive from us.  It'll be interesting/great to meet the group, finally, in person.

Husband has dentist appointment on Wednesday, and me the following (a week) Thursday.  I sure hope that's the end of dentists for a very long time!!