What's up in April?

Kell

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the explosion on MSNBC, terrible, terrible. One that lost their life was an 8 year old boy. Injuries are numerous and awful. first bomb went off and then as police, etc rushed in to help the second bomb went off which is a sign that it was planned to kill people.

No news. Think theyre treating it as a potenti terrorist attack. There was an image circulating Twitter of a man on a rooftop near the explosions and theyve found unexploded devices across Boston.

It's really sad :(.

@various people

Good luck with all your dentists' appointments. I always dread going to the dentist, I'm scared of it. I'm quite sensitive in my mouth, well, in general really, so it can be quite painful even if not a lot is happening. I feel for you all!

Edited by Athena

Finished with my dentist! I had a swedish dentist called Gustaf :P I have to go back May 2 for some fillings as I've got some small holes appearing on my already filled teeth and to have some hard plaque removed. But considering I eat/drink loads of sugar and haven't been dentist in about 5 years, he said my teeth are very good and I brush them well :P

There's too much speculation at this point, Chrissy.  Plus the FBI and other authorities I'm sure want to keep mum until they know more.  I have a hard time watching the news programs because they speculate and talk to experts but no one really knows for sure.  I do know that they have some people who are being "questioned," and overnight the authorities searched and confiscated several things from an apartment in Revere, Mass. 

Yesterday was Patriot Day in Massachusetts and I've also heard that security was not as air tight as it is at other indoor sporting events. There were lots of spectators wandering around with bags and such, but the finish line was in constant view of cameras so how the criminals could set this up I'm not sure.

It's very sad, and just mind-boggling.  So much hurting going on and to see that little boy's face on the news, who was killed, is just heart breaking :(.

The main difference between working and retirement is that in retirement I don't get paid for my work. Last week alone I must have spent 15 - 20 hours writing and discussing a number of technical problems with people from work. :)

Edited by muggle not

When is spring arriving???? Cloudy and rainy day again. Snow doesn't get the chance to melt away. Depressing to look out the window. Even more depressing looking over my apartment. Way too messy. I think I will actually tidy a bit before anything else.

Sign, it's a depressing week. Even the news are depressing as heck. :(

It has been a strange day weather wise here too - brilliant sunshine one minute and peeing down the next - I wondered whether I was in the country and back in Iceland. The Icelanders have a saying that if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute ...

I have though finished work for another three day weekend, and can't say that I am sorry.

I think that the weather is topsy-turvy everywhere. The sun was shining here today, but the storm like wind kept it chilly. I went shopping at Ikea with my best friend today. Got a few choice items at slashed prices. Nice. Then we went to lunch. I love an extra free day. I wasn't completely lax today, though. I did some ironing early this morning.

Just went for our first antenatal scan and got our official due date (19th October). It's finally all very real - there really IS a baby in my tummy and I haven't been imagining things or suffering psychosomatic symptoms - hurrah!

post-3572-0-16781400-1366383597_thumb.jpg

So, this is Button! (Xan was known as Tadpole when he was "on the inside" - LOL!)

Dentist/root canal yesterday went fine.  Finally.  But the permanent crown wasn't quite right, so they had to take another impression for a new one.  Two more weeks. :roll:

But at least I'm not in fairly constant pain as I was.  I took some pain pills last night, but none so far today.  /fingers crossed/

Friends of the Library Sale next on the agenda. :)

Congratulations Kell - that's brilliant news !

I have been enjoying a lovely afternoon at the Box Hill viewpoint sampling the orange and geranium flavour chocolate. I can definitely recommend it, although I prefer the chilli. The coffee was pretty good too !