What's up in April?

Kell

Drip, drip, drop, little April shower...

It's April already! Has anyone got you with an April Fool joke yet? What's going on with you today?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xan and I are hopping on the train to my Mam's tomorrow, to stay for the rest of the week. Hubby is staying home to redecorate our bedroom - Hahaha! :)

No April fool's around here. Just some sunshine, which I enjoyed outside (bundled up), out of the wind, reading a book. It was warm and glorious. :crazy:

Have a lovely time at your mams Kell & naughty Xander! Quietish day, was quite nice out if still a bit chilly, but hubby and I pottered in the garden and tried to tidy it up a bit. Washing on the line was quite dry when brought in though.

Watched the start of the new series of Game of Thrones.

I caught a cold over the weekend too, Lucy!  Double boo.

It's slowly getting warm here, and all that remains of the snow is some dirty piles here and there and on street corners.  Hopefully I'll see a Robin soon since then it'll officially feel like spring :D.

After work today I'm heading downtown for the Mika show with my friend.  I wish you were here, Noll!  I've never seen him live before but I have a feeling it'll be fun.

Have a good week, everyone! :D

Either my hands have got bigger or Creme Eggs have got smaller . . .

I'm pretty sure Creme Eggs have got smaller.

Have had a tough couple of days. Some home drama kept me awake till gone 3 on monday night/tuesday morning then I had to get up for work at 6. On top of that have had 2 days of long shifts with another tomorrow. Just hope I get some decent sleep tonight.

They are smaller, and I don't know about elsewhere, but the ones we have taste different.  Nowhere near as nice.

We've got a really busy month this month.  Most weekends we have something on both days.  At least the school holidays are at the end of the month, so we can relax a bit then.

I'm working on my university project, the plan is to graduate in a couple of months. Other than that I've been busy spending time with my boyfriend (yay), rearranging my books on my new book shelves, reading and browsing websites. I've been quite stressed lately and presumably that'll stay like that until I'm graduated I guess.

Also this month, my grandfather is having his 80th birthday. My other grandfather is also having his birthday but it's usually too busy for me with all the grandchildren of that side of the family so I usually don't go.

I also plan to go to the cinema (Iron Man 3) with my boyfriend, my brother and his girlfriend. My boyfriend and I also plan on going out shopping since I need some new clothes.

Furthermore, at the end of April our queen will be replaced by a king (and a queen). I'll perhaps be watching the goodbye speech and the ceremony.

EDIT: Oh yeah, near the end of April there's also a book fair in the south of the country, which we might go to.

Edited by Athena

I had my hair cut today. I usually keep it fairly short, but today I went super short. My instructions to my lovely, sweet hairdresser were to keep cutting it short and choppy! :D I LOVE IT! I always find it liberating to have super short hair, and it helps when I have a hot flush. :blush2:

Aside from that I am adding an 'extension' onto a shoulder bag, and hopefully meeting up with my niece and her family either today or tomorrow. Life is quiet but good for me right now, it gives me meditative times between the occasions that are more challenging. lol

Today I booked my wolf walk (part of Steve's Xmas pressie to me), we're going on the 25th May - I can't wait!! :) :) :) :) :)

In case anyone is interested, here is a link - http://ukwct.org.uk/

That sounds fantastic, they're gorgeous creatures.

Athena...all sounds great, hope you get to go to the book fair!

Chrissy....I keep my hair short too, verra liberating! And husband loves it this way.  Lagniappe. :D

Going to dentist later, he will see if I need a root canal......./shuddering/

Edited by pontalba

Creme  eggs are lovely. I just finished a tub of creme egg ice cream.

Today I  into the local shopping centre at my Dad's to see if the shops here have any decent dresses. Didn't really see anything but I will be going back in on Saturday as I need to get my new phone. So, I will most likely try something on then. 

Muggle, did you see Kevin Ware's injury???  I can't get that image out of my head  :o  :icon_eek:

Yes, it was pretty bad. I pick Louisville and Syracuse for the finals.

Louisville will then beat Syracuse, I think. :)

The ACC will really be something when both of those teams join it.

Nice day today, or at least the sun is out but it's still cold.

We went to the beach yesterday, but it was very windy and choppy and we got soaked by a big wave. :giggle:. We ended up sitting in the car with the heating on for half an hour before deciding to go home as we were all miserable. :doh:

Today we'll stay on dry land. There's some woodland (which is also a burial ground) nearby which is open for dogs so we will take Reuben on a run through there, then we are going to do a bit of exploring around the touristy bits near our local area to see if there is anything interesting. Gotta take advantage of the sun while it's out!

It's a beautiful day today on Box Hill, and I am enjoying three days off from work. Yesterday was food shopping day and a lazy afternoon in front of the telly, today has been more active with a walk down the White Cliff followed by lunch at our favourite café near Guildford. When I got home there was a letter waiting for me letting me know that I have just received a 50p an hour pay rise, which put a big smile on my face. :smile:

Absolutely boiling when me and my Dad were in town about an hour ago. We are going to see G I Joe soon and then have an Indian takeaway. Going to miss Dr Who so don't spoil it! :lol: