Your favorite teams?

emelee

What are some of your favorite sport teams?

Personally, I have many. My feeling is that there is no need to even watch sports if you don't root for any team.

So here are my favorite teams:

Soccer:
Sweden: IFK Göteborg & Kalmar FF
Germany: FC Bayern
Spain: CA Osasuna
England: Chelsea FC
Italy: Fiorentina

American football:
New York Giants

Baltimore Ravens

Handball:
Sweden: Redbergslid IK & Lugi HF
Germany: THW Kiel

Hockey:
Sweden: Luleå HF

Basketball:
Sweden: Luleå LF Basket

Edited by emelee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch a lot of sports, but I do have some favourites.

The only football we ever watch is Spain's La Liga, and our team is Osasuna too, emelee!  I also root for Barcelona at the moment, just because I used to love their ethos with regards to shirt advertising (they refused for years, and then rather than accepting a sponsorship deal, sported the Unicef logo on their shirts for a while) and now they play such fantastic football, and who could not love watching Xavi, Villa and Messi? :smile2:  That might change though, as I've flitted between Real Madrid and Barcelona depending on their players and style of football in the past, but we don't really support either as such.

Apart from that, I follow the England cricket team, then for any other sports, we just pick a favourite in each game we watch - for example, we were watching the curling world championship the other night, and were cheering for Sweden.

I don't watch a lot of sports, but I do have some favourites.

The only football we ever watch is Spain's La Liga, and our team is Osasuna too, emelee! 

Cool. Never expected anyone else to be a fan of Osasuna. It's more common with fans of Barca or Real Madrid. 

I can't even remember why we started supporting them, but it's probably been a good 10 years since we started.  Not having a great season this year, just hoping we can avoid relegation at this point, although the gap between us and the bottom three does seem to be widening.

I can't even remember why we started supporting them, but it's probably been a good 10 years since we started.  Not having a great season this year, just hoping we can avoid relegation at this point, although the gap between us and the bottom three does seem to be widening.

Can't remember why I started supporting them either. I have no connection to Spain, let alone Pamplona. I think I just saw them play once, and decided to cheer for them. Funny how it can be just THAT easy to get a favorite.

The only sport that I am at all interested is in cycling, mainly because of where I live (Box Hill was the main venue for last years Olympic road cycling races). We also had the Tour of Britain come through Dorking last autumn. The exact details for this years Tour are yet to be announced, but I know that the penultimate stage will be starting from nearby Epsom. There is a whisper as well that Surrey County Council are bidding to host a stage of the Tour de France, which is something I will definately want to watch. If that happens though, it will be at least a few years away.  

• 1 month later...

Ooh. Well, I watch a lot sport. :mellow:

Football:

Manchester United.

England (*sigh*)

Soft spot for Germany, too.

Cricket:

England (all formats).

Fan of the IPL too, but no specific team support as yet.

Rugby:

Leeds Rhinos.

England.

Basketball:

Miami Heat (huge fan - stayed up until 5am watching them in the Eastern Confrence Playoffs this morning.. it's a dream of mine to go watch them).

I'm sure I've forgotten lots off the top of my head but it's usually England internationally.. unless it's something obscure like beach volleyball (highlight of the Olympics) in which case it's usually whoever the underdogs are.

I also watch a lot of sports so I follow a lot of teams but I only really 'support' two.

Football

Liverpool FC 1

Hertha Berlin

FK Vidar

Borussia Dortmund

I'll also watch pretty much any match from the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Eredivise

NFL

Green Bay Packers 2

Again I'll watch whatever games are on Sky and I go to the Wembley games every year since they started.

I also watch the F1 and while I don't support any team I root for a few individual drivers like Raikkonen, Di Resta, Rosberg & Button. Cricket wise I watch the England international matches and I catch the IPL when I can. Moto GP, Marc Marquez & Valentino Rossi.

I think that is about it.

Edited by Brian.

Can't believe I forgot BVB. Had them down to win the Champions League from the start (despite their tough opening group) and I love the way they play.

Football

Raith Rovers (my hometown team)

Glendale Amateurs (my eldest son plays for them)

Scotland (yeh I know!)

Tennis

Team Murray

Never knew you liked Spurs. I've often wondered how you never hit the heights of the top three. Tottenham always have a strong team which is arguably better than the teams above them. Much better options up-front and you would have been more than pushing up there this year.. 

Never knew you liked Spurs. I've often wondered how you never hit the heights of the top three. Tottenham always have a strong team which is arguably better than the teams above them. Much better options up-front and you would have been more than pushing up there this year.. 

Because they like their fans to suffer that's why. We're always bridesmaids (now I have visions of Adebayor in a frilly frock .. it's not unpleasant actually :D) We've always got 'should do better' stamped on our foreheads but I am old enough to remember the glorious 81/82 FA cup double .. and the accompanying songs :D 

So is my 14 year old son (he defected from Chelsea 2 years ago  :o )  Was a nail biting end of the season and now Gareth Bale has said he would listen to Real Madrid....

I am sending him earplugs :D I love Gareth Bale. If he leaves it'll be disastrous for Tottenham.

• 3 months later...

I'm not that into football but have been marrried to a keen Spurs supporter for many years [so had to suffer it] :blush2: he took me to see a match at White Hart Lane in1969 which was quite exciting , better than on tv. No problems then, all standing on the terraces not like the seats today, but I remember everyone being happy [well, the Spurs supporters were as they won the game.] He was brought up nearby and used to cycle there,  houses in neighboring streets used to 'take in' the cycles for a tiny amount of money , and you collected it after the match!!! Anyone leaving a cycle there today would probably never see it again. LOL   He still has lots of old programmes from 1950's and 60's somewhere.