Your favorite teams?

emelee

the one and only toon army!!!

The Swedish Female Olympic Suntanning team.....Oh! Is this about football?

x

:lol: to both.

I don't support any team to be honest. I don't like watching sports. The Olympics, ice-scating and motorsport (cars) aren't too bad, but things like soccer/football (kind of the only sport that's shown here on the TV) I really don't like watching. I don't watch any sports and only saw some of the recent Olympics because my boyfriend's family wanted to see it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not as sporty as my dad or my cousins, but I pull for the Denver Broncos

The Broncos have been pretty special so far this season and as long as they can keep everyone healthy I can't see them not making the superbowl.

I continue to cheer for my home teams even though we haven't won any championships in over a decade :doh:.  With that being said, there's always next year, right?  At least I can say that about baseball.  Football and hockey are on now so I'm happy about that! 

NFL Football:

Minnesota Vikings

NHL Hockey:

MN Wild

Baseball:

MN Twins

The Vikings played against the Pittsburgh Steelers in London last week at Wembley Stadium, so that was pretty cool!  I wondered how many American fans were in the stands since there was a lot of cheering going on, but hey, from the looks of it a lot of folks outside the US follow NFL football too, which is doubly cool! :D

I continue to cheer for my home teams even though we haven't won any championships in over a decade :doh:.  With that being said, there's always next year, right?  At least I can say that about baseball.  Football and hockey are on now so I'm happy about that! 

NFL Football:

Minnesota Vikings

NHL Hockey:

MN Wild

Baseball:

MN Twins

The Vikings played against the Pittsburgh Steelers in London last week at Wembley Stadium, so that was pretty cool!  I wondered how many American fans were in the stands since there was a lot of cheering going on, but hey, from the looks of it a lot of folks outside the US follow NFL football too, which is doubly cool! :D

I was at the game and although there were a number of Vikings fan who had come over from the USA the vast majority of the fans were British. We also had fans come from the rest of Europe and met a few groups of Germans and Scandinavians. Usually the 'home' side gets a bit more a cheer but people are just happy to be watching a game live. However, this time the fans seemed to really take to the Vikings and the support for them was pretty big. Of course the Steelers were well represented but the Vikings definitely had the bigger proportion of the crowd behind them. I think Adrian Peterson had a big role to play in that, the cheer he got when he emerged from the tunnel was huge.

I was at the game and although there were a number of Vikings fan who had come over from the USA the vast majority of the fans were British. We also had fans come from the rest of Europe and met a few groups of Germans and Scandinavians. Usually the 'home' side gets a bit more a cheer but people are just happy to be watching a game live. However, this time the fans seemed to really take to the Vikings and the support for them was pretty big. Of course the Steelers were well represented but the Vikings definitely had the bigger proportion of the crowd behind them. I think Adrian Peterson had a big role to play in that, the cheer he got when he emerged from the tunnel was huge.

Wow, that's great to hear, Brian! :D  How exciting that you got to go to the game - I'm very jealous.  Adrian Peterson is wildly popular with us and he did really well durinig that game.  I also enjoyed watching Jared Allen sack the heck out of Roethlisberger.  I think Cassel did a great job as QB but they're still saying Ponder is our starter which is a shame because he hasn't been able to do much this year!

The latest I've heard is that Josh Freeman is going to sign for the Vikings. That would indicate (to me at least) that he will be the starter and logically Ponder the number 2. If that's how it plays out then Cassel has ever right to be annoyed in my opinion because he injected some energy into the offense that Ponder just doesn't do. I also think Cassel is a better leader than Ponder, the rest of the offense really seemed to get behind him in London.

The Steelers are my favorite NFL team but are the "pits" this year.

The Pittsburgh Pirates are my favorite baseball team and are doing well. They play today at 3:00 pm and a win will lock up this playoff series.

I have been a Steeler and Pirate fan for many, many, years.

I used to go to see the Pirates when Bill Mazerowski played and just watching him take infield practice was worth the price of admission. And Roberto Clemente, what more can I say about him....just look at my signature. :)

• 8 months later...

Made a couple of changes to my list. Switched Milan for Fiorentina (Series A, football Italy) and removed US teams in hockey and basketball. Not really sure I have any favorites anymore there. 

The Steelers are my favorite NFL team but are the "pits" this year.

The Pittsburgh Pirates are my favorite baseball team and are doing well. They play today at 3:00 pm and a win will lock up this playoff series.

I have been a Steeler and Pirate fan for many, many, years.

I used to go to see the Pirates when Bill Mazerowski played and just watching him take infield practice was worth the price of admission. And Roberto Clemente, what more can I say about him....just look at my signature. :)

I forgot to add "Nascar" auto racing. Dale Earnhardt, Jr and Jeff Gordon are my favorite drivers in this sport.

There was a female auto racing driver in the now defunct "Trans Am Racing Series" that was my favorite as I was the "marketing manager" for the team. :)

Edited by muggle not

My favourite sports team would have to be Tech United. They're the TU/e (Technical University of Eindhoven) team that works on robots. I love their Middle-Size League robots and they're really good. In the Middle-Size League (which is my favourite of what they do) they became world champion in 2012 and were in the finals several times too. They also won various other competitions. I've seen them play several times and it's quite nice to watch.

• 1 month later...

My main spectating sport is cycling. Follow Team Wiggle-Honda, the main British women's pro team but local heroine Lizzie Armitstead cycles for the Dutch team Boels-Dolman, so keep an eye on them too. Men's teams most interested in: Omega Pharma Quick-Step (Cav!) and Orica GreenEdge (Yates brothers); don't like the way Team Sky are going/have gone, even if a fan of quite a few of their riders (especially Messrs Wiggins and Thomas!). Local hero Scott Thwaites is at NetApp Endura......!

Football? Used to be a Chelsea supporter as a child, as they were my local team. Not interested since they became Chelski (well, before that if truth be known). Don't really support a team. Indeed, I much prefer being a neutral, finding it much more enjoyable to watch, but do have a strongly sneaking regard for Arsenal. I do find myself willing them on on occasions! Have long had a strong regard for German football - we Brits could learn sooooo much from them. In rugby, I've always followed the Land of my Fathers (well, in my case, the Land of my Mother).

Otherwise, although I continue to compete more than I watch, team sport doesn't really interest me!!

Edited by willoyd

• 1 year later...

I'm new here but away from reading/writing my life is football. I'm a Bolton Wanderers fan. 

I like most American Sports too. Chicago is my favourite place so I follow their teams. Baseball - Cubs, Ice Hockey - Blackhawks, Soccer - Fire, Football - Bears

• 2 years later...

An important Olympic Soccer game will be played on Tuesday (June 2, 2019) between the U.S. women and England.

I am hoping, of course, that the U.S. women win the match. England has come a long way in developing a pretty good team.

I think it's the World Cup, the Olympics are next year (and do you mean 2nd July?)!  Good to see England doing well at something for once, but apart from that I've got no interest in football at all - used to vaguely follow West Ham as they were the closest thing to a local team in what was then just the League Division - they were in the First Division for quite a while , then got relegated, but did manage to win the FA Cup in 1980, but my interest wavered after a while, and I would never go to a game.

Edited by Madeleine

5 hours ago, muggle not said:

An important Olympic Soccer game will be played on Tuesday (June 2, 2019) between the U.S. women and England.

I am hoping, of course, that the U.S. women win the match. England has come a long way in developing a pretty good team.

5 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I think it's the World Cup, the Olympics are next year (and do you mean 2nd July?)!  Good to see England doing well at something for once, but apart from that I've got no interest in football at all - used to vaguely follow West Ham as they were the closest thing to a local team in what was then just the League Division - they were in the First Division for quite a while , then got relegated, but did manage to win the FA Cup in 1980, but my interest wavered after a while, and I would never go to a game.

Thanks for correcting me. Don't know what I was thinking when I made the post. And yes I do mean July 2nd. That is also my Birthday. So, perhaps the U.S. team can win it for my Birthday. :)

Happy Birthday muggle :5birthday:

To be fair, I don't really watch football, but the general consensus here seems to be that we have no chance against the U.S. So you've got a good chance of getting your birthday wish :lol:

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes.

England has an excellent team. Lucy Bronze may be one of the best World Cup players.

But then, the U.S. also has a pretty darn good team. :) Now on to the Championship round.

Edited by muggle not