Must watch TV/Films

emelee

What in your opinion is "must watch" (TV-series and films)? What do you think everyone should watch?

In my opinion;

1) The Godfather -- chills.

2) Star Trek -- just because a lot of other shows/films refer to it so much, it's good to know.

3) Twin Peaks -- the most perculiar series ever.

4) Soap -- that series is just the most twisted.

5) Seinfeld -- best sit-com ever.

6) The Lionking -- best Disney movie ever, awesome soundtrack.

7) Citizen Kane -- beautiful work, one of the best films.

8) Life of Brian -- the most excellent thing Monty Python has done.

9) Dallas -- if not for the most classic soap, then just to be able to answer the question of who shot JR.

10) Simpsons -- or Family Guy. Preferably both. 

Hmm, let's see; in no particular order

TV

1. Hill Street Blues -   brought big ensemble casts/multiple concurrent storylines to  our TVs which I don't think we'd seen before

2. The West Wing  - just so clever

3. Edge of darkness- 1985 TV version with Bob Peck and Joe Don Baker-corporate cover up and government collusion..

4. Forbrydelsen  (The Killing series 1 ) 20 episodes but so worth the effort

5. House of Cards (I like the UK 1990 version,but I hear the new US one is pretty good and I adore Kevin spacey)

FILM

1. The Battle of Algiers- Gillo Pontecorvo -sobering portrayal of Algeria's fight for independence

2. A Star is Born- Judy Garland version.. she's a legend, and James Mason is tragic

3. Life is beautiful- Roberto Benigni - I defy anyone not to be moved by this wonderful  and yet very funny film

4. Great expectations -David Lean ..   the opening scene alone, so full of atmosphere.

5. The English Patient  -beautiful scenery, a sweeping score and star-crossed lovers..what's not to like?

Edited by ummlilia

5. House of Cards (I like the UK 1990 version,but I hear the new US one is pretty good and I adore Kevin spacey)

I don't have Netflix, but if I did, I would watch House of cards. Been hearing wonderful stuff about it.

Modern Family! It's witty, it's funny, the actors are great, and the variety of characters is amazing. There are some lessons of life to learn in that one :yes: Love it!

And Golden Girls! Again, it's really funny, and in my humble opinion it's more and more important that people of the day would realise that life doesn't end after your twenties, and that there's so much more to come. We need  more stuff like this!

Edited by frankie

The Vampire Diaries. I find it very gripping and emotional (but that could just be my teenage hormones :lol: ) and you really get attached to the characters.

War of the Worlds. I was gripped by that and scared by the possibility of something like that occurring. Was also well cast, written and shot.

Skyfall. Was very witty and humorous. Bit annoying that there wasn't as much action as some of the previous films.