Nervous New Girl

ummlilia

Hi all, my name's June..I'm excited to find this site.. have only just found it  after seeing it mentioned over on Twitter. I'm a middle aged mum who has rediscovered reading of late and I'm fed up of talking to non-bookloving friends and family whose eyes glaze over as I gush about yet another book they have never heard of,let alone read..!

I look forward to spending some time among like-minded people here..

Waving to you from a rather cloudy Brighton.. :sign0144:

You found a great place to talk about books . No need to be nervous, everyone is friendly . :) Do you like a specific type book, or lots of different ones ?

Hi Julie..fairly broad tastes..mostly 'literary-fiction', classics,crime/thrillers.. and I love translated fiction as I am an armchair traveller... I am not a  big fan of horror or fantasy..although I am doing some challenges over on Goodreads involving reading genres you wouldn't usually try so I've varied things a bit recently. The only one I really don't get one with is YA..I have 'had a go,' but it's just not my thing..

Nice to meet you June.  I know what you mean when you want to just talk books and people start looking at their watches :smile: .  Anyway, I'm not a million miles from you either, in cold  Tunbridge Wells.

Hello and welcome from sunny... no.. snowy... no wait... rainy... no its sunny.... snowy again,  Dereham! 

I'm sure you will fit right in here, and have great discussions once you have caught up on all the threads you will stumble 

upon everywhere!

I'm fed up of talking to non-bookloving friends and family whose eyes glaze over as I gush about yet another book they have never heard of,let alone read..!

Ah yes i've had that experience usually people smile politely but you can tell they're not really interested & those are the ones who profess to like books  :unsure: Well you'll certainly not have that experience here  :D

Welcome to the forum June  :smile: