Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Oh to be completely honest my phone wasn't working and didn't know if the other post worked, sorry!

The book was not what I expected and like nothing I have ever read before, the characters, especially the main character draws you in, you love her immediately and have to read on to follow her bizarre life. I really just want to be able to talk to someone who loves it as much as me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Definitely I love it. The main character is a incredible girl. It´s not the typical story about angels and demons.

My boyfriend bought me "The daughter of Smoke and Bone"  like a gift for my birthday. 

To be honest, I read it... all the night! The next day When I went to ask about the second book... Well, I was very sad because The book had a day on sale in my country.

It´s fantastic. You need to read it!!!

• 2 months later...

I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone a few months ago, after my sister-in-law bought it as a Christmas gift. I liked the main character of Karou; or rather, I liked her personality and the concept of the minor 'wishes' (like blue hair and furry eyebrows), but disconnected a little bit when she used them to learn how to fly (minor spoiler, highlight to read). I thought the main merit of the story was the fact that she was only human in a world full of fantasy beings. Making her suddenly all-powerful (as well as what happens to her at the end) sort of alienated me from her, as she practically became a different person.

I would be interested to hear people's opinions about this, and also about the sequel, which I haven't read.

This book is on my TBR, though I've heard there's also a part two so I might wait with reading it until I have the full series (maybe it'll be a trilogy?)

Signor Finzione, if you type [ spoiler ] Your spoiler goes here [ / spoiler ] without spaces, it shows up as:

A spoiler.

Thought this might be helpful :).

This book is on my TBR, though I've heard there's also a part two so I might wait with reading it until I have the full series (maybe it'll be a trilogy?)

Signor Finzione, if you type [ spoiler ] Your spoiler goes here [ / spoiler ] without spaces, it shows up as:

A spoiler.

Thought this might be helpful :).

Cheers Athena! I'm a bit backwards when it comes to the technical stuff. :)