Sign in to follow this  
Janet

RIP, James Herbert

I own one book by him but I haven't read it yet (it was a gift, no idea if I'll like it or not but I'll give it a go of course). RIP :(.

Bad news.  I only started reading him this year and have only managed The Rats so far.  It definitely won't be the last time I read him.  RIP James.

I read several of his books back in the day and thoroughly enjoyed them.  RIP James.

:cry: This is very sad. My mum loves reading James Herbert books and although I'm not a big fan, I have enjoyed some of his books.

R.I.P James.

Very sad to hear this, some of his books were hit and miss but some were great - and he is the author of Fluke, which also went became one of my favourite films of all time.

R.I.P. James.

Heard that this morning. Sad news. I'm planning on reading The Rats quite soon. I think that was one of his most popular books? Loved Fluke (it's about a dog, so how could I not), but wasn't that keen on The Secret of Crikley Hall.

I was very sad to hear this news too.  Loved The Fog and I read The Magic Cottage twice (which is rare for me to do).

RIP.xxx

I'm sorry to hear that, 69 isn't old these days. I haven't read any of his books in years but i did enjoy them when i was younger especially The Rats.

The Magic Cottage and Once were the best ones he wrote and they were absolute doozies. RIP Mr Herbert. :(

Herbert has given me many hours of reading pleasure. I've read The Fog and was given a new view of fog...it's sooooo creepy.

I've also read The Magic Cottage, and Fluke (a favorite of mine too). Maybe a couple others have passed my hands, but I can't come up with the titles at the moment.