Death Gate Cycle series

Vimes

The Death Gate Cycle series where I thought great books. They are, I think the type of books that really make you think after you have finished reading them. Has anyone else hear read them and what do you think?

I own all of them, although five are in Dutch and two in English. I've read I think four of them (not 1-4 as you might think) and quite liked them. I plan to (re)read the whole series sometime (although I might get all English versions before that happens).

Ah! It might be a good idea to have all of then in the same language. Things get interpreted in different easy in different languages.

I nearly started buying these a little while ago, but I held off because I didn't like their Dragonlance books very much.  I've got a friend who loves them, though, so I may give them (the authors) another try at some point.  I was very tempted by Hickman's 'Annals of Drakis' as well, when I saw them in Forbidden Planet, but have so far held off for the same reason.  I'll cave in one day . . .

I'm guessing it's better than the Dragonlance books, then, poppy?

No, I can't say that Karsa as I've only read a little of the Dragonlance books. Lots of the Dragonlance characters crop up in their other books though and I have a huge affection for many of them, particularly Tas, Fizban, Bupu and Flint. Edited by poppy

No, I can't say that Karsa as I've only read a little of the Dragonlance books. Lots of the Dragonlance characters crop up in their other books though and I have a huge affection for many of them, particularly Tas, Fizban, Bupu and Flint.

Okay, thanks poppy :smile: