Random characters from History

Peahen

I was wondering if there were particular historical figures who you, either for some reason or often for no reason at all but more radomly, read about or collect books relating to, and why these figures mean something to you?

Mine are as follows:

Anne Boleyn, I don't know if it is perhaps that at the age of 7 in P4 that this was the only name I remembered from Henry VIII wife at that young age or the manner of her death, but since then her life has become a fascination to me.  I read any historical fiction that relates to her or non-fiction.

Stalin

Rasputin

These two are in a a similiar thread.  At GCSE level I studied Russian History and it bored me, apart from these two.  The former, it is more to do with his regime and dictatorship and trying to get fiction that relates that more than statistics.  To me, that is the beauty of historical fiction, statistics become personal stories with contexts and his vcitims then become people with life experiences and dreams.  The latter, Rasputin, I must admit is more macabe, how can you not be fascinated with a man who refuses to die.

Finally, Vlad Dracul.  I have lived in Romania and learned a great deal about this man at that time, and the random way then Stoker fixated on his name and developed an immortal villian in Dracula.  However it is the man himself and how tragedy and childhood abuse can truly twist a person. 

If you are asking who I might possibly wish I could have met ,but didn't get to, due to living in a different time than them, I'd have 3 off the top of my head :

I'd like to have met Charles Dickens. He looks like such a "stuffed shirt" type,but his books show such a wonderful personality, sense of humor,and ability to describe people perfectly .I'd like to know first hand what he was like, just to sit and talk to .

Abraham Lincoln,since he sounds like,quite possibly the President who had the greatest sense of humor. From books I've read about him, he was a born storyteller and loved to talk about funny things that happened to him .He also had so many health problems,and terrible sadness in his life, having 2 sons who died at young ages,and a wife who would have been challenging to put it mildy , but was somehow able to overcome them enough to accomplish so much in his lifetime .

Last but not least, I would have loved to meet Mark Twain. He sounded so funny,and maybe somewhat of a smartmouth,but he would have been a HOOT to get to know. I'd like to know if he was like that in his personal life too, or if he was an ordinary boring person at home at the supper table .