What's Up in March?

risingdawn

Sounds like a lovely little trip you took, Pontalba!  And wouldn't you know it, I crossed the Mississippi yesterday as well AND had a white russian! :lol:  Small world! :lol:

I went to the Muse concert last night and oh, man, was it fun.  They put on such a good show - even better than the last time I saw them I think!  Lights, lasers, steam, the whole thing :D.  Needless to say I'm tired this morning but it was worth it.

I'm sorry you're not feeling the best, Noll!  10 days off though is excellent and I hope today goes by quickly for you!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good going muggle! :D

Tim, sounds like a great time. :)

Well, we just returned from a jaunt across the lake this afternoon.  We went down to the French Quarter and ate at a place called Stanley's.  All the waiters/waitresses wear tee shirts with the Stanley logo...you know, from Stelllllllaaaaaaaaa!  /giggle/  Fantastic egg dishes.

Then moseyed down to the Hotel Monteleone and sat in the Carousel Bar and had a White Russian.  Sat for quite a while, then walked the 8 blocks or so to the Jeep parked by the Mississippi River.  It was a beautiful day for a drive over the lake.  Clear blue skies, and on the way back we caught the tail end of the sunset. 

Charles never fails to surprise me. :cool:

Sounds like a great time. New Orleans is a very interesting city. Another city that is a great place is San Francisco. My wife and I just love visiting it. I wish it wasn't so far away. :)

Sounds like a lovely little trip you took, Pontalba!  And wouldn't you know it, I crossed the Mississippi yesterday as well AND had a white russian! :lol:  Small world! :lol:

I went to the Muse concert last night and oh, man, was it fun.  They put on such a good show - even better than the last time I saw them I think!  Lights, lasers, steam, the whole thing :D.  Needless to say I'm tired this morning but it was worth it.

I'm sorry you're not feeling the best, Noll!  10 days off though is excellent and I hope today goes by quickly for you!

:P  :giggle2:   I knew something was going on, felt the vibes!

They look to be a lot of fun to watch!

I hope you feel better soon Noll, and that you can enjoy your time off.

Glad you had a fun trip, pontalba!

Thank you! :)

Sounds like a great time. New Orleans is a very interesting city. Another city that is a great place is San Francisco. My wife and I just love visiting it. I wish it wasn't so far away. :)

I've lived in the area for my life so far, but I'm discovering more about it lately. :)

Funny you should mention San Francisco, I've heard that it is the city most like New Orleans.  We have open tickets to SF, should go sometime this summer.

I'd love the snow at the moment.  We've had maybe three days with temperatures under 28C since the beginning of December, most days over 30C.  Usually in summer we get around 22C, maybe two or three days higher.  By March we're in the teens.  A nationwide drought is about to be declared.  The city where I live is just about to run out of water.  We've had 1 day when it rained since Jan, and that wasn't much.  We need rain and some cooler temps.

They are forecasting snow here as well next week - at the moment all we have is mist and horrible drizzle.

I am enjoying three days off from work this weekend - the highlight of yesterday was a trip to Sainsburys. I also finished my book, which means browsing on Amazon for another one. Today we are going out to celebrate our anniversary - at the moment we are trying to decide between Pizza Hut in Crawley or The Barn near Guildford - I think it might be The Barn, as they do proper home cooked veggie food, which is hard to find these days, although I get the feeling with all the recent meat scandals, that this might be about to change.  :smile:     

Edited by Talisman

http://m.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/designer-glasses/red-or-dead-76/

The glasses I get next week once they have adjusted them for my needs. Turns out I have astigmatisms in both eyes, not one. But they have gotten better which is the good part.

Pretty glasses! :)

I've worn glasses since I was about 12 y.o., but lately my eyes seem to have improved.  Of course changes occur with age, one way or the other.  I'm told I have the beginnings of cataracts and so far they've done nothing but improve my long vision.  :rolleyes::D

Pretty glasses! :)

I've worn glasses since I was about 12 y.o., but lately my eyes seem to have improved.  Of course changes occur with age, one way or the other.  I'm told I have the beginnings of cataracts and so far they've done nothing but improve my long vision.  :rolleyes::D

thank you. That seems a bit strange having improved sight from the onset of cataracts xD I think mine have only gotten better as I have worn my current glasses non-stop for the past 2 years. Was told to wear them for reading/TV/computer/at night but seeing as I do all them during the day at varying times it just seemed easier :lol:

Agreed, but I think it's something to do with how they are placed at the time.  The improvement won't last, I know.  But I'll enjoy it for the moment.  :)

Agreed, but I think it's something to do with how they are placed at the time.  The improvement won't last, I know.  But I'll enjoy it for the moment.  :)

The good thing about it is that when they are removed and the lens replaced, you should no longer need to wear glasses. :)

The good thing about it is that when they are removed and the lens replaced, you should no longer need to wear glasses. :)

True, or at the most reading glasses. 

I'm hoping they don't worsen before 3 years, that is when I am due for medicare. /fingers crossed/  They've taken a very long time to get to this phase, so I hold out hope.

Have been a bit more busy than usual these last few days.

My partner's dear mother underwent a surgery - and it was a stressful time - more so as we couldn't go down to meet her. 

Thankfully she's home now and recovering well.

The little one is set to start pre-school in a few days time - it'll be the first time since she was born that we'll be away from each other for five hours each day!

(I keep telling myself that it'll be good for both of us)

Edited by bree

Glad that your partner's mother is doing ok Bree, and BIG HUGS for pre-school. It probably will be good for you both - it may just take a while to feel it. :empathy:

We had a lovely time visiting husband's niece and her family yesterday. I adore having longish car journeys with husband, it's a time when we 'catch up' with each other, laugh a lot, and listen to music. Yesterday was 80's music - we were astounded at how many of the lyrics we still remember from that time. :giggle:

I'm glad your partner's mother is doing allright, Bree. I hope your little one has fun at pre-school! :)

That sounds nice, Chrissy! I'm glad you had fun.

I've been having a nice weekend, although not the most quiet one (my sister is visiting and my brother was here yesterday but not much today). I slept quite well from Friday to Saturday but this morning I woke up a bit early and couldn't sleep anymore (even though I'd gone to bed later than Friday evening). It's nice to spend a bit of time with my siblings, but they tire me out too so I hope in the next few days I'll get a bit more rest.

I have to hand in my thesis in a few days (not yet for a mark), so a bit stressed about that. I'll do some more work on it, recheck things etc., in the next few days. I had a good talk with my professor a few days ago about the planning, I feel much better now that I have more clarity on how things go etc.