Cumberbabe

Hello, I'm Sarah!

I'm currently in my final year of an English Literature degree and I have loved it so much.  I have, however, come to the realisation that my degree is soon over and I need to keep on top of reading some really great books, so decided to come here!

Umm... My favourite author is Margaret Atwood, and I am currently making my way through her works.  I also adore the Bronte sisters.

My favourite literary characters are (in order): Sherlock Holmes (er..from Sherlock Holmes), Lyra (from His Dark Materials), Dumbledore (Harry Potter), and I'm a total Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights) fangirl.

As you can tell from my username (or you might not be able to, I don't know), I really love any thing that Benedict Cumberbatch is involved in.

I'm really rubbish at these introductions, so just Hi, I suppose?

Hello Cumberbabe! Am I to gather from your use of that term that you are of the Tumblr community? :D I too am a Cumberfemale but I use the less polite term personally, though I know he said he'd prefer if people didn't use it.

I'm also a Heathcliff fangirl! And I also studied Eng Lit in college, though I graduated three years ago!

Thanks for the welcome! Everybody seems rather spiffing!

Hello Cumberbabe! Am I to gather from your use of that term that you are of the Tumblr community? :D I too am a Cumberfemale but I use the less polite term personally, though I know he said he'd prefer if people didn't use it.

I'm also a Heathcliff fangirl! And I also studied Eng Lit in college, though I graduated three years ago!

Yes...I just figured that the other version wouldn't really be appropriate for a username lol.

Yep, tumblr is my go to! Though, I spend far too much time on there than I really should!

<3333 Heathcliff, and have done since my first reading of WH

Hia. I love Bernard Cumberbatch in Sherlock, but strangeky don't find him as attractive elsewhere

Benedict* lol

On tumblr there is a scale of attractiveness for Benedict Cumberbatch ranging from not attractive...attractive in sherlock, and then at the other end 'so attractive you get angry looking at him', and I am at that end of the spectrum hahaha. I just find him wildly attractive, and unf! The new Star Trek film is going to have me weeping at his beauty. Oh man, I'm such a Cumberbabe.

Thanks for the welcome! Everybody seems rather spiffing!

Yes...I just figured that the other version wouldn't really be appropriate for a username lol.

Yep, tumblr is my go to! Though, I spend far too much time on there than I really should!

<3333 Heathcliff, and have done since my first reading of WH

Benedict* lol

On tumblr there is a scale of attractiveness for Benedict Cumberbatch ranging from not attractive...attractive in sherlock, and then at the other end 'so attractive you get angry looking at him', and I am at that end of the spectrum hahaha. I just find him wildly attractive, and unf! The new Star Trek film is going to have me weeping at his beauty. Oh man, I'm such a Cumberbabe.

Lol not sure where I got Bernard from!

Welcome and all the best with your final year.  I went back to continue studying English Literature after my degree as a mature student, as I missed it so much.  But this place has been fantastic in regards to populating and inspiring me to read. 

Welcome Sarah. :smile:  I like Margaret Atwood too. My favorites are Alias Grace and The Blind Assassin.

I haven't read Alias Grace yet, but I loved The Blind Assassin. My favourite by her is probably Oryx and Crake and the sequel, The Year of The Flood.

Yep! There's some really great actors in the cast.

But I only have radio in my car, and one time when I took my sister horse riding, a horse gobbled by aerial so the radio no longer works.

Suppose I'll have to listen on the Internet.