The Sancti Trilogy

The Sancti Trilogy is a series of books that revolves around a citadel in Ruin, Turkey that has held a conspiracy theory for 3,000 years. There's both religion and history found within this book but overall it is a story about the beginning of mankind. I don't want to say too much about the novels as I feel a lot can be given away without meaning to. But I will post the synopsis for the first book in the trilogy:

The bestselling thriller debut of 2011 - the apocalyptic conspiracy thriller that has set the world alight...REVELATION OR DEVASTATION? The certainties of the modern world are about to be blown apart by a three thousand year-old conspiracy nurtured by blood and lies ...A man throws himself to his death from the oldest inhabited place on the face of the earth, a mountainous citadel in the historic Turkish city of Ruin. This is no ordinary suicide but a symbolic act. And thanks to the media, it is witnessed by the entire world. But few understand it. For charity worker Kathryn Mann and a handful of others in the know, it is what they have been waiting for. The cowled and secretive fanatics that live in the Citadel suspect it could mean the end of everything they have built - and they will kill, torture and break every law to stop that. For Liv Adamsen, New York crime reporter, it begins the next stage of a journey into the heart of her own identity. And at that journey's end lies a discovery that will change EVERYTHING ...S ANCTUS is an apocalyptic conspiracy thriller like no other - it re-sets the bar for excitement and fascination, and marks the debut of a major talent in Simon Toyne.

I absolutely loved this book. It completely appealed to my love of historical/religious fiction. However, this book is primarily a crime/mystery in that there are a lot of twists and turns and many things to figure out in order for the mystery to be solved. I've read both of the books that have been released so far and the final book is being released in 40 days! Anyone else read this series?