Greetings!

vickythemaster

Hello!

I'm rather new here.

I say rather, I joined ten minutes ago...

Why did I come? ...I enjoy reading very much and I figured that a book club forum would be as good a place as any to find good recommendations for books to read (I've come to a bit of a conundrum, so many books so little time! I just don't know what to read next and so have begun retreading old ground.). And forums are good fun!:)

Anyway, thank you very much!:sign0072:

~Victoria.

:)

Hi Victoria and welcome! I know exactly how you feel. I have so many books at home waiting TBR (to be read) and so many more that I want to get. There just isn't enough time to read them all!

You'll certainly get a lot of good recommendations from this group. I've been inspired to read books I never would have picked up before. You'll never be stuck for anything to read again.

Are there any particular genres or authors you like?

:sign0072:

Hi Victoria

Welcome :) I'm brand new to this place too (well I've been here a few days now) and I can honestly say I don't know a place full of friendlier people who love books.

I too wanted more help with finding books to read and have found the review section a god-send. I've already marked some of the reviews so when I'm next getting books out the library I can look for those :sign0072:

I'm sure you'll really enjoy it here.

All the best

Sarah

Hello and :) to the forum, Victoria! I'm sure you'll find some new authors to try in no time at all here. You could always join in with the reading circle - we read a different book chosen by members every month, so there's always something interesting happening there. We're reading TheThief of Always by Clive Barker this month.

Looking forward to hearing more about your favourite books and authors. :sign0072:

Hello Victoria!

A warm welcome.

Another member to swell the Scottish contingent. Whereabouts in Scotland are you?

You will find too much inspiration here, and if you have a shortage of time /books ratio, expect it to get worse. We all have massive TBR mountains.

But it's great fun anyway, whether you read a lot or a little.

Enjoy!

Pp

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to the forum, its a great place and i'm sure you won't be stuck to know what to read next for long!

The title of the book your reading sounds intriguing. Who's it by and what's it about?

Andrea

Thank you for all the kind welcomes!:sign0072:

I'm from the West of Scotland. A place called Greenock. Heard of it?

Anne's House of Dreams is by L.M. Montgomery. It's the fifth book in a series of 6. The first is called Anne of Green Gables. It's about a little orphan girl living on a Prince Edward Island in Canada and who is adopted by an old spinster woman and her brother where she lives a lovely happy life!

The books in their entirety take you through from when she was adopted, through her childhood right up to when she's married has a loving family of her own.

The one I'm reading at the moment starts days before her wedding day and has her setting up home and beginning to build a family.

They really are charming books. I first read them all when I was about 12 and have always been among of my favourites. They're actually the books that started me reading for pleasure.:)

:mrgreen:hello victoria and david- welcome aboard!!!! my name is carm from brooklyn new york and i've been here for about a month- this is a really great place with lots of friendly people- a book i would recommend wholeheartedly is i know this much is true by wally lamb- the first time i read it i finished it in 3 days; the second time i took a little longer with it- it really is a fantastic book- carm

Vicky,

Many years ago someone suggested I read Ann of Green Gables but didn't expand on what the book was really about. It didn't grab my interest at the time, but your description has! I've now added it to my 'to read' pile! Thank you!

Hi Victoria - there's loads of inspiration here - I've just this minute added yet another book to my wishlist. There are also some good reading challenges on here that encourage you to read outside your comfort zone. Hope you enjoy it here.

Happy reading

Judy