Your Book Activity ~ March 2013

Kylie

I finished Mutant Message Down Under this morning as i wanted to make a start on one of my Mother's Day pressies Letters To Alice On First Reading Jane Austen by  Fay Weldon.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Life After Life which was, well, amazing. I am sad to have finished it, not sure where to go next with my kindle books. Off to write my review now whilst the amazement is still there (is amazement a word?)

I think I'm going to give up on Dangerous Liaisons. I really hate the idea of giving up on a Reading Circle book, but I just can't bring myself to read anymore of it. I can only read a few sentences, and then I have to put it down and do something else, because I find it so frustrating and boring.

Last night I finished Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo, which was a really fun (and funny) read. This morning I bought Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell, which I'm looking forward to.

I think I'm going to give up on Dangerous Liaisons. I really hate the idea of giving up on a Reading Circle book, but I just can't bring myself to read anymore of it. I can only read a few sentences, and then I have to put it down and do something else, because I find it so frustrating and boring.

Awww, sorry to hear that, but ya know...if it is bogging you down and is frustrating to you, as New Yorkers say.....fuggedaboudit! :giggle:   Life is too short.

Awww, sorry to hear that, but ya know...if it is bogging you down and is frustrating to you, as New Yorkers say.....fuggedaboudit! :giggle:   Life is too short.

Yah, it's pretty much forgotten. :giggle: I'm just annoyed because I wanted to finish it (but to be honest, I don't think I could even force myself!), but also I'm pretty sure I voted for it as well!!

Finished "All These Things I've Done" by Gabrielle Zevin which was very disappointing after enjoying "Elsewhere" so much... Have started "The Girl You Left Behind" by Jojo Moyes, I'm hoping its going to be as good "Me Before You"... :)

Don't worry about it bobblybear! Feel free to come over to the Reading Circle thread and answer any questions you can, and let us know why you didn't like it - it will all add to the discussion. :D

Thanks Chesil. :smile:  I shall pop over to the thread at some point to vent discuss my thoughts on it. :D

Finished Playing It Safe: Crazy Stories from the World of Britain's Health and Safety Regulations. Now I'm about to start Maggie O'Farrell's new one.

I had to wait around in town yesterday for an hour waiting for an opticians appointment so I decided to drop into the library to use up the time. I ended up starting and then borrowing The Procrastination Equation by Dr Piers Steel. The physcology behind why we do it is fascinating and I'm most of the way through the book already.

I've finished reading Susan Hatler - Love At First Date and am still reading J. R. R. Tolkien - The Hobbit. I'm about two thirds of the way through, I hope to have it finished today. The old-fashioned writing style is bothering me less now because the story's so good. I'm eager to find out what happens next.

@Chloe (risingdawn)

That's really nice! Are you still confused or is it a bit better now? You're making me eager for a reread XD even though I didn't read them that long ago relatively speaking and I kind of told myself I should read more of his other work first. Do you know what you'll read next? Hope you enjoy the rest of the book :).

@Diane (Inver)

The Story of Us sounds interesting! I look forward to read your thoughts once you've finished it.

A little over half way through Wuthering Heights.

I don't like it at all. The violence and the ugliness in it is getting me down.

I've had to give up 'Wolf Hall' by Hilary Mantel. I found the writing to be too confusing and generally a very difficult read. So now, I'm starting 'The Green Mile' by Stephen King. I love Stephen King novels and 'The Green Mile' is one of my favourite films, so I'm more optimistic about enjoying this.