Your Book Activity ~ March 2013

Kylie

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still reading Cloud Atlas but i'm not enjoying the second half of the book as much as i did the first but i shall persevere to the end. I also bought a few books today:

Master & Commander  Patrick O'Brien

The Corrections  Jonathan Franzen

Credo  Melvyn Bragg

Kim  Rudyard Kipling

Yes, that was pretty much the only thing working for it... :giggle:

I finished Black Swan Green and started reading Coffee at Luke's.

Is Coffee at Luke's Gilmore Girl relaed, or is it just a coincidence?

Started Life after Life today, seems good so far.

Hi everyone! I'm working on three right now-Outlander by Diana Gabaldon , Twelve by Justin Cronin and AWedding in Great Neck. I'm kind of struggling with all of them as I can't seem to focus. I'm moving soon so I think I'm distracted

I'm now on page 176 of The Seance by John Harwood - I can't put it down!

I am glad to hear that...I am sure I have this on one of my shelves somewhere!

Finished Dark Places and starting Rebecca

Edited by Sofia

I am glad to hear that...I am sure I have this on one of my shelves somewhere!

Finished Dark Places and starting Rebecca

To my frustration I've had no reading time today!  I'm going to go to bed shortly and read for a while! 

I hope you enjoy Rebecca - it's one of my favourites.  :)

To my frustration I've had no reading time today!  I'm going to go to bed shortly and read for a while! 

I've heard that more than once! So far so good

Is Coffee at Luke's Gilmore Girl relaed, or is it just a coincidence?

Started Life after Life today, seems good so far.

Yep, it's the GG book :) I'm not too thrilled about it, though. There've been times when I've wanted to throw the book out the window. Quite surprising!

I also started reading Hell's Prisoner by Christopher V. V. Parnell on the side. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. As horrible as it is, it's been written in a way that I can't help but laugh out loud. I'm so happy I spotted this at the free book trolley at the library a year or two ago and picked it up.

Meh as in meh, the book? I'll have to pop in your thread to read the review and see if you thought as highly of it as I did :giggle2:

I posted something in my thread.  I was kind. Sorta.

Finally finished Cloud Atlas & looking forward to starting something else. I've decided to go for a  lighter read next Mutant Message Down Under  Marlo Morgan

Ooh, I hope you like it! :smile:   You may need this in the early stages - I know I did! :lol:

Oh, wow, that is a great resource!  I have just ordered the final 3 in the series, so I'm just in the mood for some trivia browsing :)

I haven't had much time to read the last few days, but hope to settle down tonight to The Summer Guest.  It is really quite gripping, and the characters are well drawn.

My mojo has taken a dive. I hate it when that happens! :censored:  I think it's partly because I'm struggling so much with Dangerous Liaisons, but I really don't want to give up on it because I ended up buying two copies! :doh:

I'm getting really annoyed with my reading speed. I read for an hour or 2 of The Reality Dysfunction and only just scrape about 100 pages which makes this slow going. But I don't mind so much at the moment, it's getting interesting.

I finished The Summer Guest by Justin Cronin last night, and so enjoyed it. 

In the meantime, I've started Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter.

I'm struggling a bit with Chocolat :(

It's grabbing me in places, then I have to put it down because I have to get up and do something, and I'm finding it really hard to pick up the thread when I pick it up again.

Ooh, I'll be interested to read your thoughts on that one, bree :smile:

Ah Karsa - I didn't proceed with it.  :blush2:

I usually read before I sleep - and the book required me to be more wide awake to engage with it - so have put it off for now!

starting Rebecca

I started with Rebecca as well Sofia - a couple of days ago.

Half way through now.

I'm so in love with how it's written - and it's turning out to be brilliant - I hope the second half carries on in the same vein.

I completely understand why its a favourite with you Janet :)