Your Book Activity ~ March 2013

Kylie

Three months into the year already! February wasn't a great reading month for me, and I have vowed to change that this month. It has gotten off to a cracking start, with the arrival of lots of new books in the mail. :)

I am still making slow but steady progress through Mary Roach's excellent Stiff.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 105 pages into Dangerous Liaisons and am rather on the fence about it.  What a bunch! :eek:

Also still mucking about with Citizen Sherman, but the more I read, the more infuriated I become.  Gad Zooks.

I really want to buy Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell. It came out yesterday, but I'm determined to finished Dangerous Liasions first. I'm struggling a bit with it, but that could be because I may be coming down with a cold, so am just feeling very tired. Just reading the letters seems to have a tranquilizer effect on me. :giggle:

OK, I've just realised, looking at Pontalba's post above that I've been spelling Liaisons wrong all this time. I knew there were two 'i's but I got it in the wrong place. :doh:

I'm 105 pages into Dangerous Liaisons and am rather on the fence about it.  What a bunch! :eek:

Yep, they aren't the most easiest of acquaintances... :D

I really want to buy Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell. It came out yesterday, but I'm determined to finished Dangerous Liasions first. I'm struggling a bit with it, but that could be because I may be coming down with a cold, so am just feeling very tired. Just reading the letters seems to have a tranquilizer effect on me. :giggle:

Oh bobbly, I hope it's just a false alarm and you don't get a cold! :empathy:  

I have 100 pages left of DL, I'm hoping to finish today :)

I'm about half way through Snowing in Bali by Kathryn Bonella, so far it's a great read. I didn't have a great February as far as reading goes so I'm hoping that March will be far more productive.

February wasn't an amazing month for me, but I did read 6 books. I'm hoping to hit at least 9 in February - which will be aided by the fact that I won't be reading 500+ page monstrosities like I was in February!

I'm almost finished reading The Magician King by Lev Grossman, and have just started a re-read of a childhood favourite - The Shell House by Linda Newbery.

February wasn't an amazing month for me, but I did read 6 books. I'm hoping to hit at least 9 in February - which will be aided by the fact that I won't be reading 500+ page monstrosities like I was in February!

I read some great books in February, but I feel I didn't spend as much time reading as I perhaps could've been. In February I spent quite some time doing other things, related to books, such as updating my LibraryThing (excluding ebooks), adding my wishlist to GoodReads, browsing this forum.

Hmm I just looked it up, I read 7 books and finished an 8th one (at the first of Feb). I read half of another one which I finished today (March 1rst). That's actually not bad at all! The Wheel of Time book (read in January/February) took a lot of time, it's quite big.

I finished Leaving Home: Short Pieces by Jodi Picoult. I started to read If At First... by Peter F. Hamilton and Marley & Me by John Grogan.

Edited by Athena

Is it march already??? 

I still haven't started last months reading circle book! :(

I haven't done much reading in February - too much going on with doctors and what not.

Hopefully I can do a better reading job in March.

OK, I've just realised, looking at Pontalba's post above that I've been spelling Liaisons wrong all this time. I knew there were two 'i's but I got it in the wrong place. :doh:

Bobblybear, I had to have the book in front of me to spell properly..... :blush2:

Yep, they aren't the most easiest of acquaintances... :D

I managed the break through however, and now more than halfway through...p 249. Will finish. 

I hope you like it :). It's one of my favourite fantasy books (though I have quite a few of those XD).

I'm certainly looking forward to starting it. Just got to wait awhile as I have so many others to read as well :D

Have had to put Dangerous Liaisons to one side, in order to read something a bit more 'fun': Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo. It's a great read so far. Once I'm finished then I will get back to Dangerous Liaisons.

Finally finished The Specimen on Thursday, have been reading it since December, seeing as I usually get through a couple of books a week that's pretty bad! Finished the QI Facts book on Friday too which was rather interesting, but I'm always a little disppointed on how many facts from the show are repreated in the QI books.

Started Peaches for Monsieur le Cure on paper on Friday and The Snow Child on kindle. Not read much of the first yet but enjoying the second after a slow start.

I'm new here ., i hope you can help me if i have some question. Thanks

Welcome Amee. I'm sure we'll do our best. What are you reading at the moment?

Haven't updated much for a while, but have finished Back Story by David Mitchell. Haven't felt like reading much over the last week, so kick started my reading with a very easy humorous book - Susie by M. C. Beaton - and then fell back on some good old YA with The Pledge by Kimberly Derting, and am halfway through Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey. May need to have a week or two of these type of reads before trying to find out if I'm up to going back to some weightier subjects.

Started Peaches for Monsieur le Cure on paper on Friday and The Snow Child on kindle. Not read much of the first yet but enjoying the second after a slow start.

One I want to get Lucy 'Peaches' and 'Snow' waiting on my shelf TBR.

I'll pick up The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie now.

Hope you enjoy Jean Brodie...have you seen the film with Maggie Smith...v.g.

Well I should have read 3 books in February as I was on a roll with my reading as it were, but reading Mockingjay and finding it a bit of a slog. Should I have been able to whizz through it? I will finish it I guess, eventually.

Hope you enjoy Jean Brodie...have you seen the film with Maggie Smith...v.g.

Thanks!  I started last night, but was too tired to make too much progress.  Hope to get onto it more today.

Haven't seen the film, but if Maggie Smith is in it, there is high hope for it. :D

Edited by pontalba